Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Played Hooky Yesterday


Hi,

 I do have a couple of scraps for you today, but not pages. Yesterday after I blogged I decided to update my timeline and profile picture on Facebook. So I took the time to make one for November.


This is my time line or cover photo for my home page. Some people call them different things but I have always seen time line.


And this is my profile picture. I very seldom use pictures of myself. I am self conscious I guess. This time line set was made with a kit called Autumn Fairy Moments by Dreaming With Bella. I purchased this kit for less than a dollar.
 I enjoy making these timelines for my friends and family. I am planning on doing a few more for Christmas for my sisters and a couple of friends. I am so ready to start playing with my Christmas kits.

 My bratty daughter only sent me two pictures of my grandkids for Halloween. I know she has been really busy but I want pictures lol. This is Adrian and Cathy in their costume before school.



 I seem to have a grandchild missing from this photo of a haunted house. Hmmm I will have to investigate this lol.

 I also haven't received pictures of my granddaughter's birthday party or Halloween but I know that her mom is very busy and of course I never see anything about Alex since I am not in contact with his mom any longer.

 So yesterday was a busy day for me. My daughter called and she and I picked up her other half and off we went for lunch. She had some kind of chicken enchilada and I had a Tex-Mex enchilada and a taco, green rice and beans. She had a fresh just picked off the vines blackberry margarita and I had a Father Agave Margarita.
 Then we came back here and chilled out for awhile and I spent over an hour on the phone trying to see if I can file a lost prescription. I cannot find my high blood pressure medication. I have 2 bottles left but I cannot find them anywhere. I have looked. I packed all of my medications in one box so they should be there. But they are not.
 Anyway I can get my prescription refilled but there is a problem. There is always some kind of problem. In this case there are actually 2 problems. First off I changed doctors. It is going to be a little while until I can see her. December 14th. In the mean time she is my PCP now and that means that my old doctor has no connection to me any longer.
 Now comes the big problem.... I am out of refills and cannot get the medication refilled unless I see the doctor and have it refilled.
 So today I am going to be on the phone again trying to sort this out.   There is no way that I can afford to pay for it out of pocket.

 Last of all I need to call the SSI office and change my representative over to my daughter. Jonathan really does not have time to do this for me. I don't know where she gets the time to help me either but somehow she always finds a way to fit me in lol.

 After we left here we decided to go grocery shopping. First we had to stop by Pet Co.... Our Foxy was in need of doggie food. I opted to stay in the car. After almost an hour sitting in the car I was thinking what is taking them so long to get back, and just as I turned off the car, got out and locked it back and made it to the door out they came. Ha! Now that wouldn't have happened if  had just stayed put in the car.
 It seems that Miss Foxy has fleas again so one of the workers recommended this new product. It was $50.00 and she said that if they would go to the website and download the app that she could get it for a 50% discount because Pet Co would honor the price plus they offered an in store coupon. That was what took  so long. Not that I minded. I didn't take my phone so they couldn't call me. Anyway Miss Foxy is going to be taken care of now.
 And I discovered that we go to Pet Co and not Pet Smart. Jonathan use to go to Pet Smart because it was closer to us at the other apartment, But Pet Co is now closer to us. It is good to know that we have both here.

 Well we decided not to shop on an empty stomach and it would be better to go eat before we headed to the store so the food didn't have to sit in the car.
 Joe and I let Karyn decide. Well after much consideration she pulled into the restaurant that had the least cars. Chili's it was. We were there well within the Happy Hour but she and I decided on Iced Tea and Joe had water and no lemon.
 The place started filling up like crazy. It was Crazy.... and very loud as the World Series was on and let me tell you people were jumping up from their tables hooping and hollering. I have never seen so many t.v.'s in my life. Every time a group jumped up and started hollering and hooping I jumped 5 feet into the air.
 Karyn and Joe both ordered an appetizer. Egg Rolls for Karyn and Slider Burgers for Joe. Not me. I ordered the 6 oz steak, cooked medium, asparagus and mashed potatoes. Well we waited and waited and waited for our food. We each had 2 refills of tea and water. Karyn and I were wondering what took our food so long getting to us. Since our order was not a complicated one and they were not that busy when we went in we decided to have our waiter check on our food. He never came back to let us know what was taking so long, but in the end he passed us and said that our food was on it's way out. A few minutes later another server brought us our food. Our waiter came back and apologized. Then he came to check on us and offered us more refills which we declined.
 The food was delicious but I ended up bringing back half of my food, part of Joe's and Karyn's. I would say that I have my lunch covered today but Jonathan discovered it and said... "Oh Mama...." and I said, "You can have it." He was a happy boy.
 By the time that we got out of there 2 hours later it was already 9:00 p.m. so we decided to skip the grocery shopping and just go home. So we had a long day. It was really nice to hang out at home with everyone too. Nathan had to go to work so we only had a little time with him.

 Trying to decompress I went out to the patio and sat outside. Patsy called and so I was chatting with her, looking at the beautiful clouds floating briskly by and saw a lightening. Where did that come from. Hmm maybe I just thought that I saw it. No... it happened again and this time brighter and with thunder. I told Patsy I was going to look at the weather. As I said that a weather alert came on my phone. Huge storm with damaging winds with hail and sky to ground lightening strikes. So to be safe I decided to come and shut down my computer and unplug it.
 The storm turned slightly away from us and I was happy about that. We did get some rain but not much, but it took Nathan longer to get home from work as it came a big down pour where he was at. My son said that we are supposed to get more rain today. I haven't checked the weather yet but I can tell you that the humidity is so thick and it is so balmy and sticky out there that I do hope that we have some rain to cool us down.

 It is almost lunch time so I guess I had better get off of here and check my sugar and find something to eat. I had planned on a cup of soup, Pumpkin Harvest and some cheese, crackers and grapes but have changed my mind. I will find something in the fridge I am sure... Until later, you all have a wonderful day... BB

1 comment:

  1. I must say that your "spice of life" cartoon sounds just like me. haha. I think about what I can or should be doing a lot, but it's the getting started that I have a problem with.

    It sounds like you had quite a fun day with your kids. I'm glad for you. I think it's great that your daughter wants to learn to crochet with you too. It takes approximately 1800 yards of the yarn to make the afghan. So you will probably need about eight skeins of the variegated to make it. Have fun.

    Now I think I'll sit a while and crochet myself. Give Cisco a big hug and lick from Pogo and me. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete