Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Music For Today.....


I have been listening to some of my favorites and this is one of them. Enjoy.....

 I have some pictures to share today, My son Nathan works at a BBQ place called The County Line. Jonathan and I went to pick Nathan up from work the other evening and went in for a bit to eat... Oh my the appetizer was enough for the both of us so we took our sandwiches home with us. I chose the shredded beef and Jon decided on the hamburger. It was very good. A bit pricey but we got his 50% discount so it was reasonable. No one would realize by looking at the outside that it is voted #1 for Austin as a place to eat.


 This is the view from the outside patio. We wanted to sit outside but the heat hit really hard and Jonathan turned around and said to the waitress, "I think that we will sit inside" Oh thank you Jonathan!


 What an unusual tree! the bark is twisted and so very pretty. I have never seen a tree like this before. It is really interesting.


 Another outside view. But as you can tell, not to much shade at 4:00 pm. While our food was getting ready, I was outside taking pics.


I had forgotten to take my cane and couldn't travel too far away but they have all of these old time decorations. I took several of these but the next one is one of my favorites.


 You can see the original cook/smoke house from here. On the other side of the bridge is interesting too. If you ever come to Austin Texas make sure to visit this County line BBQ. There is 2. One is just a tiny stop in the road. I have heard that it is not as good as this one. This one has a large variety of foods to choose from. The other one was the original years ago but very small and then they built this one a few years ago.


 The atmosphere is wonderful and just delicious aromas that make your mouth water. I could go back and have more of the food.


 I sat opposite of this area. If I looked up this is what I could see. It is all much bigger than what my photos show. This picture of the bull for example is huge.


 I was a little too far away when I took this photo... This wall is interesting. Business cards, old license plates and little odds and in's.  This is all the pics that I have for today. By the time I took just these few our food was ready.

 Nathan was so ready to go home. When we walked in and sat down to eat, his eyes got huge and he said... "Your eating? Are you kidding me? I want to go home." He is so funny. He couldn't leave just then anyway. He had to wait until his tips came thru. By the time that they came thru we finished with our appetizer and our food came all nicely packed up and ready for the trip home. Even though he got off at 4:00pm his tips didn't come in until 4:30. By that time we were finished and headed home in the traffic from hell.

 Austin has some beautiful bridges. Not the old gorgeous covered bridges that I really love, but they have some really pretty ones here. My daughter sent me this picture the other day that I would like to share. She got it from the internet, from the news channel I think  so it is not one of mine or hers but it is really pretty. Austin is a pretty city. It just went from a small Texas town to a sprawling huge city.


 This is one of our Texas sunsets and a bridge over the Colorado River. Isn't that sunset gorgeous? I am really glad that I decided to move here. I really love it. I wish that I could explore a little more of it but I will take what I can get.

 I guess that this is all for today. I am contemplating going back to bed. Crossing my fingers that we hear something from the apartment complex today. Yes or No... the waiting has just been so hard for me. I would like to know one way or another.

 Everyone have a wonderful day... BB

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos, Beth. I love love that photo of the sunset by the bridge and river. Just gorgeous! I just posted on my own blog, really late today.

    I had to pick up meds, get two vaccine shots, and go to the bank. I did these errands first before I could get to me blog. it just makes the day really long. Thank goodness, I don't have to go out again today.

    I might see about taking Pogo on a long ride tomorrow to visit my sister in law. She lives about an hour and a half away from here by car.

    Now I want to see what's for lunch for my little guy and me. Pogo sends a big lick and woofs to Cisco. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete