Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Christmas Fairie



Good Morning Everyone,

 It is a chilly Sunday morning at 54 degrees. Perfect sweater weather for me. I love these cooler temps and wish that it could stay like this year around, but soon it will be really cold and blustery and this year I am really hoping that we have it cold enough to have a fire in our fireplace. So far we havee not had the chance to use it so I am hoping for a cold Christmas so we can. Last year we had the patio screen door open part of the day. It was hot in here because I suppose of all the cooking that we were doing. Since we are not doing all that cooking this year then it might not be so hot.... at least in the kitchen.... and that is IF the kids don't change their minds AGAIN for what they want.

 I woke up to several things this morning. Some pleasant and some not so great. First of all I woke up sneezing my head off. I think allergies are kicking in. I have these sneezing attacks and can sneeze 20 or 30 times before they stop. I have already gone thru a whole box of Kleenex in the last 3 days. The box in my bathroom is getting low and the one here at my desk won't last much longer either.
 Second thing was that I usually make my coffee ahead the night before so all that I had to do was plug in the coffee pot and soon I had my coffee without making too much noise. I forgot to do it last night so I was trying to be quiet but not quiet enough. Have you ever noticed that the quieter that you try to be the louder you are? Well Nathan was the first one that I woke up by trying to be quiet.
Third of all while I was busy making all that quiet noise I was letting my PC boot up.... Well it updated during the night. I had to wait and wait and wait for it to get to the point that I could get into my browser. UGH.... It kept saying that there were a lot of changes that I would be excited to use.... So far I haven't found any of them. It all looks the same to me!
 Last of all is that with my bedroom window cracked this morning, the lady who lives in the building next to us.... well she is so loud. She talks on the phone all the time and I can hear every word that she is saying. She sits out on her patio a lot. Cisco for some reason gets really aggitated as he can hear but can't see who it is. I got him quiet and he is now snuggled deep into the blankets and is out to the world.

 Now for the good stuff.... It looks like the antibiotics are working. The wound is not as red nor is it as swollen as it was. Rapid improvement since Friday! I will take that and feel that the MRSA test will come back negative since it really looks so much better.
 When I finally did get online after the updates were installed a designer friend of mine sent me a kit and a free QP. Oh it is sooooooooooo pretty. I had fun downloading that one. I think that I will use it for Thanksgiving.
 Then I found out that a friend of mine who sent me an email just became a grandmother... Yay to baby and Mama... 6lbs and 4 ounces. After a hard 12 hour labor they finally decided to do a C-Section but all went really well.
 My blue jays are back. Boy were they noisy but oh so pretty! And there were 3 of them. I spent a good ten minutes watching them before they took off. And we have a whole family, cousins and distant relatives included of Squirrels. Watching them scamper put a big smile on my face and Guess what.... Our raccoon family is back too. Thank goodness that grumpy old man finally moved out. Good for my raccoon's.
 And last of all.... I am totally enjoying my coffee while listening to my Cisco baby snore. He will wake up soon ready for a potty break and breakfast I am sure. Took some time to read a couple of blogs that I haven't had a chance to get to until now and now I am here... But going to take my leave and go and do something. Laundry could be the first thing on my to do list today so I will plan on that. You all have a great day. BB

1 comment:

  1. Good evening Beth. You are certainly sounding much better. Super!! Have you noticed that when things start to go wrong, other things line up for their turn to go bad too? Yeah, I've noticed that a lot here.

    But it evens out when a lot of nice things happen. Your birds and the wildlife, and your fur baby snoring. It doesn't get much better than that!! My little guy is snoring away next to me. His little belly is full and earlier he had a nice visit with a couple of my great grand kids.

    Granddaughter and new baby Ali have both taken a turn for the worse. I'm hoping all the tests find out what is wrong and they can be healed soon so that they can go home.

    Daughter Deanne picked up the two little ones Friday and will keep them at least through tomorrow. They will miss a day of school, but I don't think they will mind.

    I just went out to the laundry room and rescued my scatter rugs from the dryer. They've been done for hours. I almost forgot them altogether.

    Pogo is itching again, so I'm about to give him a dose of itch medicine. Oops I think he can read what I am typing because he just turned away from me. Such a little stinker!!

    I have two more rows to put on the frosty green afghan and that will be finished. (tonight's project) Next I would like to finish the baby blanket. We'll see. I need to start wrapping things. I keep putting it off, but I need to seriously get busy here.

    Well I'm off now. I think I'll get me a nice cold bottle of water and settle in my lounge chair. You and Cisco have a super evening. Woofs and a lick from Pogo. Hugs from me, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete