Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving To Family and Friends!



 Hello To Everyone and a Happy Thanksgiving to the U.S. Folks!

 From a Soggy Texas..... The rain is moving in. I just looked at our forecast... It is 71 here with a 95% humidity. No wonder we have been miserable... Jonathan turned the air conditioning back on last night. We are in for some severe weather again. Up to another 6 inches lasting until Sunday afternoon. Thanks to a Hurricane in the Pacific... Sandra is her name. We will pick up some of her moisture as the cold front pushes the warm air and Sandra together. The weather forecast isn't all that great.

 So I am sitting on my butt and doing nothing. I have to quit worrying about everybody and the only way that I can do that is to just think of everything that I have been told, and just stay here at my pc or on my bed and just chill out.
 I woke up to something wet during the night. I went to the bathroom to investigate and my bandage and packing came off and out. She had to make it a bit more bulky this time around and I guess that it didn't hold. It is a good thing that Karyn is coming in a little while.

 So I have pictures of the birthday girl.... Here they are:

Here is Cathy on her big day. She is 7 years old. What a big girl that she is becoming. This is her new friend. A version of the American Doll. Her name is Abrel, or Abril. Not sure how she is spelled but Cathy is delighted.


 This is what Cathy woke up two yesterday morning... They just had a nice quiet day. Her party will be next weekend after the Thanksgiving Holiday and when everyone is back in school.  It was hard for her to understand that all of her friends would not be able to attend so she finally agreed to a home party with mom and dad and brothers and a big party later.

 I haven't seen my present to her yet. Matthew is supposed to pick it up for me today or last night. I had him call Laurie to see what would be a good gift because Laurie said she needed to look more into the thing that Cathy wanted. She for some reason is not happy with them. Said that they looked weird and had too many tiny parts and cost too much.
 So Laurie said.... Art supplies. So I guess that is what Matthew will get for her. I told him to pick up a small cake and candles... Bet he forgets that part! I wanted to go to the store and do my own gift shopping but it is alright that I didn't. I am so glad that I did not buy her those last month when I first heard about them since Laurie doesn't want her to have them. I cannot even pronounce the name.

 So I have to rant just a little. I know that it is Thanksgiving and I am supposed to be Thankful and I am. This has nothing to do with me being Thankful or Thanksgiving but for all Holidays no matter where you are in this world.

 I keep hearing how terrible Wal-Mart is because they will not let their employees off for Thanksgiving. Really People.... ?
 So I am one of the people thankful that Walmart is open today. They are not all open all day long but I bet somebody, somewhere has forgotten something essential for their holiday meal. We are one of those people. And I think that they are going to be closing early as well.... But let's forget Wal-Mart for a minute and think of ALL of the other people that also have to work.
 Do we shut down the Hospitals so that the doctors and nurses and personnel can have Thanksgiving off?
 Do we shut down the Police Departments and the Fire Stations so once again the employees can spend the holidays with their families?
 My sister traded for years with her co-workers.... She took Christmas but worked every other holiday. Easter and New Years and all the rest. She always worked Thanksgiving unless it was her scheduled day off and most of the time she went in anyway so others can have it off.
 Believe it or not.... Management usually asks for volunteers  to work these holdidays. Sometimes it cannot be avoided. Sometimes people do get sick on the Holidays. Some people have families that live to far away to travel to and from. Some people don't have family at all or a place to go.
 I am not a big fan of Wal-Mart. Never have been but I am not going to single them out and bash them because they decided to stay open until 6:oo pm for the convenience of their customers who might need something. No one ever knows what they might need. So for once I am asking that people think of the good that happens because a store, hospital and all the rest stay open!

 I have to go and get a shower and get re-bandaged so..... I am under Daughters orders to get it together... so here I go... Happy Happy Thanksgiving. Be safe where ever you are.... Love to all... Beth. BB
   

1 comment:

  1. Your granddaughter is beautiful. I hope she enjoys her birthday party. I'm glad to see that you are resting and taking care of yourself.

    I'm one of those folks who are not happy that the folks at Walmart were not able to spend Thanksgiving Day at home with their families. As for the health care workers, police and fire workers, etc. they do unfortunately have to work holidays. I know because I worked them for many many years.

    However, I don't think that retail store workers should have to give up their time with their families. The store could be readied for the big sale a day or two before the sale.

    I think all the different Walmarts had different hours. Ours (and the one in Virginia where Audrey lives) were closed, and opened at 6 p.m.. However, their employees had to work all day to get the merchandise set up for the sale. If retail store employees were to be able to stay at home all day with their families, no one's life would be in jeopardy. The retail store might have to wait a few more hours to make the dollars. Big deal! Okay, so now I've had my rant too. lol.

    It's good that your family is with you. I chatted with my kids on the phone, and Pogo and I had dinner with Joe and Mike. Joe make a wicked nice dinner, and we all got stuffed. I did not even leave room for dessert.

    Early in the evening, Pogo and I called it a night. I woke up around 3 a.m. and got busy finishing up some of my crochet projects. Now though, I may take a little nap.

    Today the temperature is 61 degrees. It's just gorgeous outside!! I even shut the heat off, and I'll wait till this evening to turn it back on. I could handle this weather all winter long. Yup Yup, keep dreaming Edna!!

    Now I want to go see if I can finish the baby hat that I started this morning. Pogo sends a woof and a lick to Cisco. You have a great day Beth. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete