Monday, November 30, 2015

My Attempt At Mixed Media



Hi Everyone,

 Well it seems that when it rains it really pours. While where I live was spared the worse of the severe weather, Oklahoma and Kansas was hit hard with ice they said was up to an inch thick on the highways. West and North Texas experienced severe flooding and up to 14 people have died. This is so sad.

 This is my attempt at Mixed media. This is just a rough copy of something that I was experimenting with. I just chose a few elements to work with so that is why it is rather plain. The idea is a textured look that stands out... I just put this one together while I was in chat with one of the designers to give her  this page to look at to see if I am grasping the technique. This page is actually a success and a failure.... It should not appear as if the woman is in the background but lifted up and out. And the flowers as well should look as if they were floating... so it is going to take me a little while to get the hang of this, but I think that it will be interesting to learn. Who knows, I might even like using the effects when I learn how.

 Yesterday was one of those days that just seemed to last forever. The day just dragged by. I was making dinner at 3:00 pm. I had already started and looked at the clock and said... Oh No... it is just 3 in the afternoon. Jonathan and I did it together. It was simple...Shake and Bake chicken, Baked Beans and he made a Green Bean Casserole. I know... 2 kinds of beans but who cares. lol.
 Jonathan is sick with a cold. He was much better yesterday and he looked better last night and even when he was helping with dinner I could see some good color coming back into his face. His eyes are usually dull when he is sick, but they even had a shine so I am glad it wasn't really bad.

 My son Matthew sent me a text at midnight. He made it to Wisconsin and to his hotel and was in bed. I am thankful that he made the flight ok. I bet that he is exhausted today. He never stops when he comes home on his days off. He is on the go go go. So no wonder he is tired by the time that he goes back to work,

 I have watched 3 Christmas movies that I really enjoyed. I watched a remake of Yours, Mine and Ours, with Dennis Quaid and Renee somebody. It cannot hold a candle to the 1960's version with Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. I only finished it because I was determined to do so after spending so much time in it. It is now off my list and I can move on to something else...
 I started watching a documentary called Death Beach.... Gory Shark Attacks was not really my style so I went in search for something else.
 Laying in bed and watching movies. Not doing anything at all around the house. I am either at the pc or on my tablet. So we will see what all I can do today to entertain myself. Oh... and coloring... Gosh I love my coloring book. It has kept me busy for hours. I just finished a swan. I also have an app on my tablet that lets me color too so I am doing a lot of that.
 I go back to the doctor tomorrow to see my Vascular Surgeon. They will re-pack my wound so that will be taken care of. I wont have the visiting nurse tomorrow.
 Speaking of which... I never know who is coming. So far I have seen a different person every day. Most of them are very nice but I did have an issue with one of them. She called and said she would see me in the morning but 1:00 I had to go and get my insulin at Wal-Mart and she came while I was gone. I had left her a message on her phone telling her that I had waited for her and that I would only be gone for a little while, less than a half hour. I also texted her. She called and said I am at your house and your at Wal-Mart as if it was a crime. I told her I was on my way home and she said she didn't have time to wait for me. Her attitude did not strike me right and I said... "Listen you said that you would see me this morning no later than 10:00 am and I waited until after lunch and you did not answer my call when I called you to tell you that I had to go and pick up my medicine. You could have notified me that you were not going to be here until after 1:00 pm. So she said she would wait on me to get back. She changed my bandage, gave me a few supplies in case someone had to change my bandage again and left.
 Last night I get a call from another visiting nurse that said it would be around 5 or 6 this evening before she could get here. And this bandage is really biting into my skin. I have been tempted to loosen it just a bit but so far I have refrained from doing so.

 Guess that is about all of the news that I have today so I am off here. I have a few things to do for the designer. We are going to put out a newsletter starting the first of the year. I get to do that. And I requested that Patsy help me and last night she accepted so between the two of us... We Got This! It is a great challenge opportunity for me. So today I am going to set up groups for the newsletter and a blog to advertise and then I am going to start on the Valentines newsletter. It is too soon to try for New Years. My designer friend, Heather, she has two family members in the hospital. 2 different hospitals on opposite sides of the city. She is going crazy trying to work, run back and forth to both hospitals and dealing with her grandmother and her Mother In Law....
 So I suggested that we just do an Introductory News Letter for January and this will give her the time that she needs to work on Valentines and decide what kind of sale she wants to run. I can work that up and Patsy can post it on the sites she is going to work and I can do the same from my end. So I have enough to do to keep me busy.

 Cisco seems to be catching a cold. His nose is warm and I think he had a bit of fever last night. Not surprising as he has been right with Jonathan since Friday. He is so good that way. If someone is sick he stays right with them. So he may have picked up a cold. I washed his eyes this morning. They were weepy and he is under all of the blankets and comforters right now. He isn't eating but he is drinking a lot of water. I am not so worried about the food right now as long as he drinks. If he isn't better tomorrow then I will call up the vet and make an appointment.

 So everyone have a great day and I will be back soon.... BB

1 comment:

  1. Looks like this new assignment is going to be wonderful for you. It seems to keep your spirits lifted a lot. That is good.

    I wish your son much luck with his new engagement. It's comforting to know your children have someone to be with.

    My eyes are getting blurry now - too much staring at the TV and the laptop screen. I need to give them a rest. Will chat with you later. You take care, and give Cisco a hug. Have a super afternoon, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete