Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Beautiful Start To The Day



 Good Morning,

 It is still morning here but not for much longer. It is almost 11:00 am. I slept in late this morning. My alarm went off at 7:00 am but for some reason I was still very sleepy so I just turned it off and rolled back over. 
 I had very vivid dreams. I was in my car and I left my sisters house to go for a drive and ended up stopping at this really nice looking bed and breakfast. Inside I realized that the woman that owned the B&B was a friend of mine that I had lost touch with years and years ago. We talked for hours and the Sheriff came by to tell her that someone that she knew had died and had left her a few things. The man was a very simple man. He left her a paper weight of a frog, a book with some dried flowers, a key chain and a silver chain with a gold ring that held several stones that appeared to be diamonds. No one thought much of the ring as he was a very poor man but the ring ended up being very valuable and she could have sold it and paid her way out of financial hardship but of course she didn't do that. She put the necklace on and wore it all thru the dream. When it was time for me to leave I asked her....  "What town am I in?" and she said... "Honey your in Gladmore Kentucky", What a weird dream.
 The next one was rather errie as well. I was taking care of these 2 little boys and it was cold out and I was trying to get them to put on their socks and shoes and a jacket and they told me that they had left them at their house so as cold as it was we walked to their house and I knew that something was wrong because the house was run down, windows broken out, the place hadn't been lived in for years but the boys were so happy to be home that we went inside. The boys were little ghost boys. I woke up right after that and here I am writing about these crazy dreams in my blog. 
 And Yawning as well. I really hope that my coffee kicks in soon lol.

 On Friday the maintenance man  showed up to have a look at our water pressure and finally found the problem with my dishwasher so he ordered me a new one. He said if it didn't come in Monday it would probably be here on Tuesday so that is today... However I am not going to get too excited as of yet because I just saw him working and he has no help. Poor guy. So I guess that I will get my dishwasher when I get it. But if I don't hear anything by today I will call tomorrow to make sure that I am still on the work order.

 So for our Mabon Celebration on Sunday we had for dinner, beef pot roast, roasted carrots and onions, sweet potatoes, squash casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy and yeast rolls. My rolls did not rise the second time so they were a little heavy but good anyway. Karyn baked a chocolate cake with sea salt caramel icing. Oh I forgot that we also had pinto beans and roasted zucchini squash. We had a lot of squash because she had brought some over that needed to be cooked and I had some that needed to be cooked so we roasted some and then we made a casserole out of the rest. Everyone was so full that we could barely move. We have not had a meal like that since around Easter I think. We have had family meals but not that huge. At any rate it was a great day all in all. 
 Even tho I had my alter set up I couldn't get the right kind of light for any pictures and my kids were like... No ... don't take any of me... and one ran to the bathroom, the other to the kitchen, one out side so I was like ok... 
 But tomorrow I am setting up my alter again, this time using my dining room table because I have plenty of light. Here are the gifts that Joe brought me. 




This is my new Challis.  It is very heavy and very pretty. I really like it. I was wanting another one. The one that I have is a small champagne glass. This will do nicely for my large altar and I can keep the one in my bedroom for my smaller altar. 



A nice and simple wooden bowl. I did not have one of these and I am very pleased with this one. I am going to cure it with some linseed oil. 

 
 This is my altar cloth that Joe and Karyn gave to me. It is not totally open but I will take pictures tomorrow and hopefully you can see more of it. 

 I had a text message this morning from Courtney that said, turn on your data and I did and I have new pictures of my granddaughter Celeste. Such a cutie pie. She is wearing a headband with a bow. She was giving her mama a hard time about getting dressed this morning so we have glamour shots of Celeste in a diaper and bow.... lol... she is such a happy baby.
 I wish that Matthew and she could work out some sort of agreement. She needs both parents in her life.

 Oh did I mention that I have gotten my lab results back and that my medication is working? My cholesterol and my triglycerides are both way down... YES and even my sugar is coming down. I am so thankful for that. 
 It is a lot of medication that I take daily but it seems to be what was needed all along to help me with these problems.

 I guess that I will close for now. You all have a great day.... Until tomorrow... BB

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a fantabulous day with your family. It is good to be able to have this kind of time with your children. Time is so fleeting. I'll be looking forward to seeing a page featuring your little granddaughter.

    How was Cisco's day? Did he get to enjoy the feast too? I hope so. Veggies are supposed to be good for him. At least that's what I have been told. If only my little guy would eat them. He's too darn picky!

    I got up late today, and haven't really done anything around here. Joe will be home soon and Pogo is waiting for his turkey treat. I really don't know what I'll make for Pogo's supper tonight. Hmmm. Maybe chicken? We'll see.

    I'm off now. You have a super day, my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete