Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Almost Turkey Time




 Good Morning,

 It is a gorgeous brisk morning here. Today is in the 50's and nice and cool. Cool for me, Freezing for my kids lol. But they are cold at 80 degrees. Go figure. The other night I woke up sweating. I looked at the thermostat and it said 78 degrees. I turned it down to 68 degrees. You would think that they are living in the Arctic by the way they bundle up.

 I had to go to the doctor yesterday. It was quiet the adventure. The lady that picked me up was new and she got lost in our apartment complex so I called her to direct her to me. It is easy to get lost in this complex because it is big. My day started off in a rush as I over slept so I was in the shower when she called and so I jumped out to answer the phone and tell her I would be right out. I rinsed off and threw on my clothes and headed out to find she was not there.
 Then off we went. I wondered why she was going towards downtown but thought well perhaps she knows a quicker way. Finally she pulled up at this clinic and stopped and I thought, oh she must have another patient to pick up, but she came around and opened my door and said, "Call me when your finished."
 I told her that this was not where I was going and she looked at her logs and said, "Oh I am so sorry." Back into the drivers seat she went and off we went. We made it with 5 minutes to spare. I had another driver on the way home and he was prompt. He said 10 minutes and he was right on the money. He was one of my favorite drivers and he said she was new and so I gave her a bit of slack since she was new. Still I guess that I should have asked when I saw her going down town. We have to travel towards down town to get to where I am going, but then we turn off. We were past our turn off point by the time I realized it and just a couple of minutes later she pulled up at some other clinic.
 My appointment went well. I was sad to hear that one of the receptionists there had moved to another office. I will miss her. She and I use to chat in between patients. I like the other girl too but she is really busy with other work as well as check in's and check out's.
 By the time I got home it was 4:00 pm. I ate my dinner early and laid down. My meds really make me so tired and I was already tired from not sleeping well the night before. Jonathan woke me up for dinner. He didn't know that I had already eaten, but I checked my sugar and it was right where it should be so I had a small plate (saucer) of brown rice and baked chicken breast with green beans and a few grapes. He is learning my diet. Thumbs up Jon. So I didn't have to have a snack. I got up this morning with a great blood sugar. I will take it!!!

 To all of my American friends I really hope that you all have a Fantastic Thanksgiving. Being thankful for family and friends is such a Blessing. I am so thankful for everyone in my life. I am thankful for my home, family, and my beloved dog Cisco. I am thankful that my children are giving and loving and I am thankful for all the Blessings in my life.

 News is short here today. I have so much I need to do. So everyone have a great day. Today is cleaning for me after I get back from running my errands... BB

4 comments:

  1. Such an interesting, yet busy day for you. I have to give you credit. I don't know if I could keep up with all your appointments and meds.

    Pogo and I will be at home for Thanksgiving too. I'll get to talk with all my kids, and it will be a super day for us.

    I, too, have so much to be thankful for. In my lifetime so far, five people have come back into my life and blessed it just a little bit more. My life has been pretty good. I'm thankful for everything and everyone that I have. God has been good to me.

    I'm off now. Pogo sends woofs and a great big lick for Cisco. Give him a big hug from me too. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Edna, you have been very Blessed and I am so happy for you to have the people you love back in your life. It is a Blessing indeed... xx

      Delete
  2. Glad your hospital appointment went well sounds like a fun journey lol
    happy thanksgiving have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Yep it was a good appointment at least.. You have a great day too. Enjoy every minute that you can. xx

      Delete