Sunday, October 15, 2017

Where Does All This Time Go?



 Hello,
 It is almost Monday Morning here. It is almost midnight and I am still awake. I laid down today and had a small nap. My intention was to take a shower and make dinner, but neither got done because I just didn't feel up to cooking and well the shower can wait one more day. I doubt that anyone will pass out from my odor for missing a day lol.

 This is a picture of my grandson Alex, his brother Connor in front and his step brother Christopher.  Alex is the one with the green shirt and new glasses.... Alex had just gotten his new glasses that day. He was super excited and had to tell me all about them. Anyway, this is one of the latest photos that I have gotten so I made a page of it the day before my surgery. Just now posting it tho.


 This page is made with Rosie's latest kit called Neutral Tones and the little doll poser is one I got from Lynn Anzlec . Fashion Dolls circa 1910. Isn't she pretty? I had a small chat with my friend Joyce at 4:30 this morning. Joyce I am glad that your birthday was a very good one!

 I was up all night with Cisco. He was throwing up and shivering. Not sure what was wrong, but my boy did not feel good at all.
 He feels fine now. He has been out of apples for a couple of days and I find that they are really great in keeping him in regular bathroom habits and so he might have just had a tummy ache. He got his apples, carrots today and so far so good. He has been frisky all day. Wanting to play and I just haven't had the energy to play as much today.

 Jonathan goes back to work tomorrow. Matt came in today sick sick sick. I put my mask on. Why do people (My kids included) think that it is okay to go to someone's home when they are sick and running fever? I am scheduled to have my Prevnar (2nd pneumonia shot) and my shingles shot this week and next week so they will not give it to me if I am sick.
 My immune system is so low as it is. As soon as he left, I got my Lysol spray and sprayed the rooms, the door handles, anything he might have touched. Then I took a small pan and filled with hot water and bleach and wiped it all down. I really just cannot get sick. I have too much things that I need to have done this week and next to come down with some kind of bug.

 I know that I am grumpy. I am just tired I guess. It has just been one of those days. I was putting the food away and heard water running. I opened the fridge and water was pouring once again from the ice maker. I have to call the office tomorrow and tell them I do not want this one repaired. I need a new fridge because they have already worked on this one 2 times already and obviously it is not a long term solution. I want a new fridge.

 Also have something odd going on with our hot water. Some days the water is  nice and hot and some days barely luke warm. Today it was barely hot. A bit ago I went to rinse off our dishes to put in the dishwasher and it was really nice and hot. We have been noticing this for the past couple of weeks. One day I took a shower and the water was not even warm. I got out of the shower pretty fast and dressed and called Jonathan to make sure that he paid our gas bill. I was like.... Oh no, did he forget to pay it? But he did so it is the water heater that probably needs a new thermostat.

 I have used all of my veggies from my produce club. Jonathan went to the store today and I wish that I had written on our list to get a cabbage, but I forgot.  I have a cabbage soup that I want to make and now that the weather is turning cooler, it will be good. It is such an easy recipe.

1 head of cabbage chopped
1 onion chopped
1 large can of tomatoes (Or 2 cups of fresh tomatoes)
1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables
1 package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. garlic or a clove or two of fresh crushed garlic
Salt and pepper to taste

 Put in a large pan with enough water to cover  half of the cabbage and bring to a rolling boil to allow the cabbage to wilt. Turn down heat to medium, add rest of the ingredients and mix well. Cover and simmer until cabbage is tender.
 My advice is to let it simmer several hours as the longer it simmers, the better. You can also add what ever you want to it. Potatoes, or meat etc. But I usually don't add anything else to it.
 It is even better the next day and if it is more than you can eat then it freezes well in zip lock bags or containers.
 If I ever have enough left over then I put them in serving sizes for my lunches or a night that I don't feel like cooking. I can defrost in my microwave for a minute and then put in a pan and finish letting it heat. Or if I remember I take it out of the freezer the night before I go to bed and put in the fridge. But more often than not, we don't have much of it left over.
 I make cornbread for the boys to go with it, but I can't have cornbread on my diet so I can have some saltine crackers so that is okay too.

 I think that I am going to go and see if I can find something cheery or spooky to share and then Cisco and I are going to bed.


 If your ever scared of something, here is Pogo to ward off the Goblins.... Isn't he adorable in his little alien pajamas? This page was done with Miss Edna's Quick page and Enchanted Lands by Carolyn Cooper.


 How many of you get these things? I get them all of the time and no I only forward a few. Most of the time never. I got one tonight that said if I didn't pass it on something bad was going to happen to me at midnight. Yeah okay, what ever, but I really did just love this little minion.... and he is borrowed from the internet.


 She looks really pleased with herself. I am assuming she is a girl because of her purple collar. I think that she is doing an excellent job of sorting what she might need lol!


 The last of the batch for tonight... Have a great Monday and take care and Be Kind to each other.... BB


1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I hope you are feeling a bit better today. Now is definitely not a good time to catch a cold or virus. Good luck with your shots. I had mine last year. I still got sick, but I hate to think how much worse things might have been if I hadn't had my shots.

    We are so sorry to hear that Cisco was not feeling so good. At least he seems to be better now. That is good. Pogo sends woofs and a big lick to him.

    I have friends from Florida coming by sometime soon. They are up here to visit their son and are planning on stopping by to visit me and Pogo too. This will be so nice because I haven't seen them in a few years.

    I can't chat very long. I have dishes waiting to be washed and a vacuum to run. You have a super day my friend. I'll call you later. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete