Sunday, October 8, 2017

No Plans Today



 Happy Sunday to everyone,
 This is the page that I made for my sister for her Birthday yesterday. I told her that the Genie was waiting to grant her a special day. Happy Birthday Susie Q... I hope that you had a fantastic Birthday!

 Not much going on here today. Worked on a page and then just had lunch with Jonathan and finishing up my coffee. That is about it. I caught up on my blog reading, and now here I sit doing mine, with not so much to tell I am sad to say.
 I don't live a very exciting life. Just an ordinary one. I miss driving. If I had a car of my own, I would never be home. But I gave up my license when I moved back here because there is no way that I can drive in this city. I thought that Dallas was bad, but it is nothing compared to here.
 I loved driving in Nevada and Arizona because it was all on a grid. No matter which road you took it would take you to the road that you needed to be on.
 Not here. Just going to Walmart is confusing. I know how to get there but I never can remember the turn off. And coming home I have to do the interstate and that can be scary! I worry about my kids every time they leave the house.
 So it is much safer for me to let someone else do the driving for the drivers on the road and for me!

 I wanted to go today to Half Price books but Jonathan said No. He does not like driving anywhere! Oh well I guess that I will just stay home. My plan today is to clean the kitchen. I actually now have a full load of dishes in the dishwasher so I can turn that on and wiped down the counters, sweep and gather the trash for tomorrow.
 Then I will take a nice shower with my shower head Miss Edna sent to me and what a treat that is and then I will put on some clean jammie's and curl up with Cisco and watch my show. So a lazy day for us.

 I am now wearing my rings that I haven't worn except when I go out. It is time that I wear them. One is my mama's and one that Matthew bought me for Christmas a few years ago and then another that is a friendship circle ring given to me by a friend a few years ago. They feel good on my fingers.

 Oh I do have a bit of news to share. The apartment complex is hosting a Fall Harvest night with a pot luck dinner, live music, raffle and door prizes. It should be fun so I am planning on going down for that. People are urged to even dress up. I use to love those kind of things. One year I was a fortune teller, one year I was a Goddess, the last one I went to I was more of a Gypsy. I won't dress up this year. I don't have to haha...

 Speaking of Halloween, I found some more images online that I borrowed to share with you. I hope that you can get a laugh out of a couple of them....

 This one fits me.... I can just see this happening to me lol.

 I thought that it was cute.


 I really would love to have this cup but there was no place to buy it from. It was just a photo someone posted. It is really my style!


 This is one of my favorites.... A proud Mama!!!!

 Cisco slept thru breakfast but he had a good lunch. He had bits of pizza crust and then he ate his kibble. Now he is back in his spot huddled under the cover. We or somebody, Jonathan I guess will need to go to the store and get him some more food. We find that he likes it pretty well and his digestion really seems to have improved since this has no preservatives and dyes and things that are not good for him. He of course would prefer people food but we try not too. Just on special occasions like today, he got a bite of our lunch. He gets to feeling bad with people food.

 Oh I forgot to mention what I got from my food club. Sweet potatoes, cabbage, a pumpkin, corn in husks, onions, apples and carrots. Let me think of what else. A head of cauliflower, lettuce and some kale. A small bag of little red potatoes and green beans. I think that is about it. I get one more box in November and then that is it until spring, but it is great that I can get this. It saves money and I save a lot of the ends and boil down to make veggie broth. Then I freeze it in zip lock bags for soup later on in the winter.

 Well I will close for now. I need to get the kitchen done and get on with my day. Have an awesome Sunday everyone.... BB




1 comment:

  1. A lazy day sounds downright good to me! Yes, I agree that you should wear your rings whenever possible. It's nice to have them, but they don't do us much good sitting in a jewelry box or in the bank vault.

    Your food boxes are super! I'm glad to hear that Cisco is doing great on his food diet. Sometimes all it takes is a change of foods. Hmmm, wouldn't it be nice if that would work on Pogo???

    I will keep my drivers license current right up until the day I'm not able to drive my car anymore. That license and car are a sense of freedom for me.

    Today, Pogo and I had a rather nice lazy day too. I even got in a short nap. Tonight, I cooked the little Prince a hamburger. Of course he gobbled that right up!! hahaha.

    Now I have some dishes to wash, then it's back to my crocheting. Only five or six more rows to go and the afghan will be finished.

    Pogo sends woofs and a big lick for Cisco. Beth, you have a wonderful evening and a good night. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete