Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday the 13th!



 Hi There,
 Today is Friday the 13th! I should do a freaky page but just not up to it at this time.... Anyway enjoy your day and the weekend.

 It is rather warm and muggy out this morning. I really enjoyed the crisp mornings we had earlier in the week.

 No new scrap page. This one was done a year or so ago. I loved this little kit so I dug this one out. I hope that you enjoy it.

 I took my eye patch off and now am wearing my glasses. I have to take them off occasionally because I am not use to wearing them all of the time and I sit quietly in the dark or lay down when I feel like I am straining my eyes.
 The left one is healing rather fast. It feels like it is healing faster than the last time that they did these procedures. I still have the feeling of grit or sand in the one, but this morning it feels a bit better. So I wanted to work on my blog before I have to rest it again. I don't want to strain my eyes but it is super hard for me to just sit around and do nothing too.
 Thank goodness I have my playlist so I can just put in my ear buds and listen to my music. In one play listI have 435 songs. So I just hit shuffle and each song comes as a surprise and brings back a lot of memories too.

 I really want to watch some TV but I won't just yet. Maybe on Sunday I will take the chance. Late last night I did a page for Patsy. I posted it to the places that I like and I told her I wasn't doing any of the advertising and stuff. It took less than a half hour. After that I went and laid down and just let my mind rest.
 Nathan came home and we talked. He has been leaving me little things in the mornings. Sometimes a note, or something little.
 This morning he left me 2 fig newtons... yum.... So I thought, Oh that will be so good with my coffee this morning. I went to make my coffee and came back for my fig newtons and looked over and Cisco was standing on my bedside table tail wagging, and he was licking his chops as he sniffed out the very last crumb.... Can you believe that????? No fig newtons for me this morning!
 Now he is laying at my feet snoring! All is good in his world. He has been out and he is feeling full with cookies and kibble.

 I turned a year older on Wednesday. Other than having eye surgery, I had a very nice birthday.
My son Matt took me to lunch at a Pad Thai. It was delicious. And they brought me a dessert. This is a Thai Version of Fried Ice Cream. This is incredibly good. Matthew of course got most of it because of my sugar. I did have the cherry and a couple of bites. It is drizzled with chocolate raspberry sauce, whipped cream and a cherry!



 My friend Edna sent me a package and I had Matthew turn around and go back to the office so I could get it. Let me tell you I had a time opening that box! But I was determined and so excited.



 Thank You so very much Miss Edna! I named her Franny!!! She looks like a Franny! I loved the book. I have been wanting to read it and now as soon as I can I will start on it. I read a few pages on my way to have my eye surgery done. And my card is just gorgeous.




 And this is from Karyn and Matthew! Thank you everyone. I have another package coming in the mail. It is a series of books from my friend Patsy. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, pages, cards and gifts.

 Well I need to get off of here. It has taken a long time to write my blog, but I tried not to let it get to far behind.

 Jonathan has to go to the doctor today. He is not getting much better and he wanted to see his own doctor so he has an appointment at 3:30 today. Nathan is at work and I am going to go and read or try to read my book Miss Edna sent to me.

 You all have a Fantastic Day my friends and I will be back when I can! BB


2 comments:

  1. Lovely Beth,
    so sorry to have missed your b irthday. As you know I don;t get at the computer very often these days.
    Okay, although belated, I am sending you lots of happy Birthday wishes!
    and hoping your eyues soon will be good enough again to be able to be longer at the computer and to watch tv adn read again.
    although not being around much, I am thinking of you!
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gorgeous makeup kit! So glad you had a nice day, even though the surgery part wasn't so pleasant. Your kids take good care of you. That is awesome!

    I'm glad you liked your gift. I think Franny is an appropriate name for your dolly.

    It will be so nice when all your eye treatments are finished. Hope your next pair of glasses are transitional like mine. Then you can wear them all the time with no bother.

    Pogo is looking at me like he is starving. Aye, yi, yi! I guess I'll go rustle up some lunch for him. He is sending woofs and a big lick for Cisco. You have a super day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete