Friday, October 6, 2017

Friday At Last



 Hi to everyone,
 This is a page I made yesterday for my friend Mary. It was her birthday. I forgot to put Happy Birthday on it but I was in a bit of a hurry to get to the dentist to sit and wait and be told he was in emergency surgery and wouldn't be back for a couple of hours so I rescheduled.  This page was made using my friend Rosie's latest kit called Neutral Tones. It is a pretty one and the photo of the lady came from one of the free sites that I loved Caroline Blue.

 Last night my great niece and her dad were in a bad motorcycle accident. They hit a dog that ran out in front of them. The dog was killed, and they flipped and rolled several times. My niece only sustained minor injuries, but her dad was carried to Parkland Hospital in Dallas with serious injuries. I was up for several hours waiting news. At 2:00 this morning I talked to my sister and they released her granddaughter so she was waiting for them to release her from the hospital and she was going to her house along with her sister because her mom of course was needed in Dallas. I haven't heard any more news.

 Late yesterday evening my niece Mary Jo texted me a couple of photos on Messenger of my brother James that passed away in April of his headstone. He got it yesterday and they took it to the cemetery to place on his grave.
 We are trying to decide what we want to plant. I suggested wildflowers. So they agreed and we will just gather in the spring and plant some wild flowers. Blue Bonnets if we can. They have had so much rain that everything had died that was planted.


 I miss him so very much. His birthday is coming up soon. I think that now I am thinking of all the good things that we did together. It hits me at certain times. Other times I just come across something that makes me laugh, like a picture of him that I took back in the late 80's where he was drunk as a skunk. He had been working on the yard all day and the beer and hot sun got to him and he just sat there and I just had to take the picture.


 If you wonder why he is wearing a long sleeve shirt in the summer it is because of a pigment disease that he had gotten from Agent Orange. I really love this picture.

 Well I guess I had better close. I have just a few fun things to share that I borrowed from the internet. These are not mine, but I hope some of these bring a smile to your face....




 Halloween is on it's way, and I am getting ready to wave at my friends as they fly over. I will be ready and waiting....

 Time for me to go, my phone is already been ringing this morning! Have a great day to all... BB


1 comment:

  1. Good morning Beth. We got an early start today. Pogo thought that Joe was up out in the house, so of course that meant that I had to get up. Joe was not out there, but as long as I'm up, might as well make a cup of coffee.

    I think planting the blue bonnets will be really nice. When it is my time, I want to be scattered in a field of wild flowers or over the ocean.

    Sorry to hear about your family members. I hope the folks that got hurt are okay now. Wishing them a speedy recovery.

    Today will be quiet, I hope. Just a trip to the store for more bird seed, then lots of resting. Will chat with you later. Woofs and a lick to Cisco, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete