Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I Have Been Playing!



 Hi Everyone,

 I sure hope that this finds everyone doing well. It is a bit nippy here tonight and even tho it is 47 degrees here it felt much colder. Now 47 degrees is a bit nippy for me, but I put on my robe and was still really chilled. I thought that something just wasn't right so I went to check the heat and someone... Not naming names but one of my sons, the youngest one had accidentally turned on the air and not the heat. So now the heat is on, the room is nice and cozy and I am not shivering any longer.

 It is late here but it is one of those nights that sleep is elusive so I have been scrapping. This page is a bit different for me but I really had fun making it. I got these kits from Salt Town Studio. I mixed and matched but didn't it turn out pretty. The glitter sparkles is the only thing that I added from my stash of bling.



 I am really in the mood for dancing. Tomorrow night if all goes well then I am going with my friend Erica to a New Years Eve party. We have to wait and see tho because she might be called into work. She is a Police Dispatcher and sometimes they become short handed. I of course will totally understand if we cannot go but until the final word I am thinking about it.



 This is a page that I have done with my new coloring book called Fanciful Faces that Miss Edna sent to me. I did this one on a 12x12 size page so it came out a little fuller than the original but I liked the effect. I did a lot of shadowing on this page. I also did a lot of blending and with shades of blues and grays and purples with a touch of red. I loved this page because it was just a half face. I thought that it brought out a lot of character in the photo. I didn't highlight with black or even shadow with the black. It looks like it in some places but that is a dark blue actually. All in all I have had a wonderful time coloring and scrapping.

 I cleaned house today. Wore me out and I think that is why I am so wound up because I did so much in order to get my house in order for my brother and sister in law but they did not come. They were tired from the long drive so they stopped for the night about an hour away. Traffic was getting heavy as well so they called with their apologies. Maybe I will get to see them next time.

 I am still having problems with the size of the paper for the Newsletter for our new site. I may have to just use a regular blog post for the first time around. Tomorrow I am going to try for a different way and if that doesn't work then I will just use a regular blog post and do my best with that.
 I tried to set up a website today. What a nightmare that turned out to be. I will work on it again tomorrow as well.

 In the mean time it is nearly 2 in the morning and I am falling asleep here at the computer so I will say goodnight.... Be Happy and Safe my friends, until tomorrow.... BB

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty page, Dancing To Swan Lake. And I love your Face page. You did a great job with the coloring.

    Oh I love dancing, but I haven't been able to do it for quite a few years. The hips and legs just don't get together well enough to take a trip around the dance floor. I hope you get to go.

    Sorry about the depression. This is usually the worse time of year for folks with depression. With me, I call it energy. When there is no sun, I have no energy. I don't want to do anything. Thank goodness I have Pogo to keep me up and running.

    As for designing a web page, why doesn't the girl who is the designer (who all this is for) have a web design site make her a web site. That's what a lot of other forums do. The sites are inexpensive and usually not too difficult to maintain.

    Right now, Pogo is napping on his chair. I think he likes it.

    I just took a long break --- Joe came home from work and Pogo went out to the laundry room to have his turkey treat. This is his favorite time of day.

    I may just call you in a little while. You have a nice afternoon. Give a hug to Cisco from us. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete