Sunday, August 27, 2017

Oh Goodness Harvey Is Being A Real Bad Boy



 Hello,

 I want to say Thank You to all that has been wishing me and all of Texas safe wishes. I am sorry to report that there has been 2 deaths. I hope that this storm does not claim anymore lives. The wind got really high at 1:30 this early morning. My phone alerts kept going off and I got up as the wind was so bad that I was afraid we were going to lose some of our windows. At 5:30 the wind slowed down but the rain kept coming down in waves and sheets.
 I talked to my God Son Brian yesterday and he is in Houston. He is ok because his condo is up high and they took precautions and moved what they could upstairs. I wish that he could have come home but he was afraid that if they didn't get a lot of problems then he couldn't make it in to work and so I understand. But from the news it doesn't look like he is going to get to work anyway.

 Today I played with some scrapping. The back ground was used from Rosie H from her kit Sultry Sapphire and the QP is from Miss Edna and the photo is mine. I also have a couple more that I played with. Same photo plus one...


 This is a  couple of photos that Karyn took with her and Matt. And the precious fur baby is Naula. She belongs to Matt's fiance Sarah. Karyn said that she snuggled with her all night Saturday night. She is adorable. The kitty cat is 11 years old and was camera shy and Naula is just a baby. Just over a year old, but Karyn said it was so sweet to see them snuggle together.

 So yesterday I found some free fonts for my Craft Artist 2 program. All of these fonts are new. Wow I couldn't stop when I started. The name of the site is Google Fonts. I downloaded 47 of them. But I didn't install all of them. A couple of them I decided that they looked too much like what I already had.

 Well it hasn't stopped raining at all. Houston is really bad but for us just lots of wind and rain and flooding of course but we are up on high ground so we are okay. Jonathan took Nathan to work and said that his usual route had signs of off streets blocked but he didn't have to detour.
 Karyn called and she is 3 hours from home. I pray for safe trips for everyone on these nasty wet roads.

 Here is the final scrap page I did after playing around with the middle one.


 Not much of a difference except a frame. I thought that it needed a little something extra. So I put a frame around it.

 Oh I have to say that I received a sad comment from Kyra. Her beloved Brodski passed away. I am so sorry Kyra for your sorrow. The Rainbow Bridge has acquired a special fur baby. Just keep him close to your heart. He will always be with you. You and Jan are in my thoughts and prayers... xxxx

 It seems I had something else to say but what ever it is flew right out of my head. I am off to take a shower and try and finish Project Runway. Must be something to do with the weather as I can get all the other stations fine.

 Hugs to all....... Until next time be kind... BB



1 comment:

  1. I've been watching the Weather Channel for updates on the conditions in Texas. The news is not good at all. Sad to say, there have been five deaths so far because of the storm. There has been no mention of the number of pets and wildlife whose lives have been lost.

    Your scrap pages look lovely. The little dog is adorable. By now, the kids are home safe and sound. This is, I'm sure, a load off your mind.

    Be safe, my friend. p.s. who took care of your daughter's dog while they were gone? I haven't heard anything about there little dog in a long time.

    Pogo sends woofs and a big lick to Cisco. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete