Saturday, August 12, 2017

Happy Saturday To You!


 Hello and Happy Saturday.
 This page is called Painted Autumn. The kit is from my friend Rosie H and is for personal use only. I hope that you enjoy it.

 I haven't been online for a few days because I decided to rearrange my bedroom and in doing so I had a home for everything but my computer. I used my desk for my TV. I will eventually get brackets to hang it on the wall so I can have my desk back for my computer but I was in a pickle of sorts. All stands I had available were either to high or to short. So for now I moved it into the kitchen at the dining room table. We all have such different schedules and usually don't eat at the same time so it is a good place for me and just the perfect height for my short little self.

 Back to my scrap page. I just love the autumn. I love the crispness in the air, I love the changing of the leaves, and the appearance of more wildlife coming out to enjoy the cooler days and nights. I love the scent of autumn. The colors, the changes, the way the world seems to have a brisk little adventure of energy. It is a special time for me. It is one of my favorite seasons.
 I am not a sun lover. I never have been one of those that crave the sun. I of course do enjoy seeing the bright blue skies and sitting out on days that are not overly hot, but the nice ones. We seem to skip spring and roll right into summer. So I take advantage of Autumn as long as I possibly can.

 Karyn came over and made dinner for us last night. Oh she is such a great cook. Seriously the girl should open her own place but it is an area that she is not interested in other than to prepare a meal for the enjoyment of doing so. So I can usually count on a special meal during the weekend. She was off work this week and I was delighted to spend extra time with her. I will miss her when she goes back to work on Monday.
 She made taco's last night. Now really, taco's is so easy and simple and she does them just like I do so why do her's taste better when she makes them than I do? Ha... I know the answer. I didn't have to cook them! She is also coming over tonight to make meatloaf. Ohhh yum. I can totally get behind that because her's is much better than mine!

 Today is lovely so far but heating up fast. We got down to 78 degrees last night and this morning was really nice too. Our high today is going to be 101 degrees so that is a cool down for us. We actually got below 100 last Sunday I believe it was and we had rain. The news casters called it "A Cold Front" lol.... I love it when they say that. Cold front for us means it will be 99 degrees with humidity making it still feel triple digit heat lol.

 Oh I was talking to Miss Edna one day and she said that she made her egg salad with lettuce. That has been on my mind for a while now and so this morning I made egg salad with lettuce and love the little crunch. I had mine on toast. It really hit the spot for me. The only draw back is my eggs were fresh and such a pain to peel when they are really fresh. But I managed. I didn't make a large bowl. Just enough for me. The boys love deviled eggs but do not care for egg salad. Their loss! So thank you Edna for the lettuce tip. I think that I will add it every time now. Of course if I am out of lettuce I can still eat it the way I usually do.

 I told Karyn to pick me up a can of tuna and I will make that for lunch next week too. And my Cisco needs some apples. Next Saturday we are going to the Farmers Market. It is double dollar on Saturday's. Right now we should be getting an early crop of pears coming in. They are not my favorite. I have always had problems with the texture, but I love the taste. Anyway I am going to pick up my boy some pears too.
 This summer I did not get a great choice in fruit. Our East Texas peaches were late coming in. Too much rain last year in that area and a lot of orchards were flooded. Also only had one watermelon but ohhhh it was delicious.
 Texans know that if you want a good melon to wait until July because that is when they are the most ripe and juicy. My daughter Karyn loves a yellow meat water melon. It was my dad's favorite to but not mine. I want mine deep ruby red and juicy. My mom would eat watermelon but it was not a favorite of hers. She loved cantaloupe. We all do here too but when I lived in Vegas I discovered the Canary melons. They are not easy to come by ripe here. When I do find a nice ripe one I grab it.

 I seem to be a bit gabby today so I think that I will get off the computer, do a few things and go and play with my TV. I am watching a series called "Weird Wonders Of The World" and it is really a good series.
 Did you know that in order to make the strands for a Stratavaris violin that it takes 150,000 strands of spider silk to make one violin strand? You cannot put these kind of spiders together for any length of time because they are carnivorous and would kill and eat each other.
 So scientist have developed a unique way of getting the spider silk another way. What they do is that they take a spider egg and implant it into a female goat. Then they breed the female goat and she has her baby. The baby will then give milk, providing it is a female, and they can separate the protein and then use the milk to make the silk. Then they stretch the silk. One female can give enough milk each day to make enough silk that equals the length of a football field. Oh and to answer the question of what if the baby goat is a male? That is easy. He will be used for breeding. These goats are the most pampered of the pampered. They are given lots of love and care and it was so sweet to watch them play.
 This silk is not just used for violin strings either. It is the strongest natural material on earth. They use it for Kevlar vests, protective clothing, and even use it to make parts for airplanes.
 Okay so I thought that was a bit interesting so I decided to share it with you all today. Who knows what I will find amazing today when I continue to watch the last hour of this awesome show.

 Time for me to go. Karyn just walked in..... I hope all has a very great day. BB

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love the interesting facts about the silk. The only part that bothers me is whether or not the spider eggs harm the goat in any way. Hmmm, what do you think?

    I'm so glad that you are enjoying your daughter this week. Usually though, the time flies by oh so fast, and before we know it they have to go back to work (or home in my case).

    My two favorite seasons are Spring and Autumn. Of course, that's if we actually get these seasons. Some years we don't. This year we had a super Spring but I wasn't in any shape to enjoy it. Ah well, here's to next year!

    Now I'm off to do a bit of crocheting. I have thirteen more rows to go to finish the blue afghan. Yeaaaaah!

    Pogo sends woofs and a big lick for Cisco. You have a great night my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete