Monday, September 5, 2016

Happy Labor Day!


 Hello Everyone,

 I know that I have been away for several weeks. I had to go to over to my daughters for about a week or perhaps it was just over a week. She had to have emergency surgery. Funny that they call it emergency surgery, but it took days for the insurance to approve the Emergency Surgery!

 This scrap page is of my mother. This was taken the last Christmas before she passed away. My sister rented a Chalet in the mountains for Christmas. They didn't get to spend the entire time there on holiday as that year Texas was paralyzed by a massive ice storm. We don't get much snow here. We get ice. They had to beat the storm and get back home. As it was there were cars stuck on the over passes for several days. Lots of rescues. My sister and her family made it home in time and my sister keeps her pantry's and freezers full of food so they really didn't need anything but it was a shame that their holiday was cut short. But they were safe so that is the important thing.

 So I am sure a lot of you are wondering what our Labor Day is. No it is not a day to honor women in labor as I had assumed while growing up until I was old enough to really understand.
 It is  a day that we honor all of the workers who have worked hard all their lives to make our Country what it is today. The workers are recognized for their dedication and hard work. So Happy Labor Day to all of you, even if your not from the U.S. I am sure that your hard work deserves to be recognized as well.

 It is time that I grab some boxes and start packing. At least I can pack up my framed pictures and some of my things and get them stored so it will not be so hard to do later. We don't have a final destination in mind but we know that we are going to find something different. In one way I am happy to be moving, yet I am so settled here. I have my room how I want it and my bathroom, yet on the other hand a fresh start is always a wonderful thing!

 Going to grab some coffee and something to eat and go and read for a while. I splurged and bought 3 new books and a Readers Digest. The Readers Digest is almost finished. I have to say that I was pretty disappointed in this months publication. I just couldn't really get into it. This is a first for me as I am a big lover of the magazine. This time around it is called The Genius Issue. Talks about so many of the worlds Genius's and as I appreciate the fact that no telling what our world would be like with out there smart brains, I find statistics and studies boring. I did find a few articles that I fully enjoyed but over all it just didn't have that exciting can't wait to turn the page feel to it. No I could pick it up or put it down at any time. I really hope that my books are good. And that reminds me to pack up a box of books for donation at the library. I am only keeping a few of my collection. I have over 200 books. There is no sense in hanging on to all of them when maybe someone else can enjoy them.

 I have laundry going, and my bedding is next to go into the washer. Take care everyone and have a great day. BB

No comments:

Post a Comment