Monday, September 26, 2016

An Autumn Day



 Hi Everyone,

 I can't believe that it is Autumn! I am loving it. We finally got our cold front. It moved in this morning with lots of rain, hard down pours, thunder and lightening and a nice cool breeze. We actually made it up to 84 today but it really felt cooler than that. My son Jonathan and I were outside on the patio and we were counting the yellow leaves on our trees. We spotted 5 of them lol. So the leaves are not changing really fast here yet but I bet this time next week we will surly have more of them.
 It is really odd tho because our Crepe Myrtles are becoming more bare by the day. Most of the flowers are already off. We still have a few die hards hanging on but not many. Usually the Myrtles are the last to fade away.
 The roses out front have turned from a dark red to a bright pink. And the Yucca plants are flowering tall spikes with gorgeous white blooms. Another oddity as they usually bloom in the spring. Our entire weather pattern and nature growth has just been really strange. I have birds building nests and are pregnant. I have not seen but 2 squirrels this past month and even the bats are not as active right now. I am not sure that Texas knows what it is doing day by day.

 I went to bed early and read for a while but couldn't sleep so I scraped a page or two and called Patsy. Well we actually caught up on line and she said "Let's Chat" so I said ok and so we did for a couple of hours. Geese we really like to talk. We find so much to talk about that it is unreal.

 Japan had a 6.0 earthquake about an hour ago. I couldn't find any damage online so perhaps it was just a shaker and nothing major. Lots of flooding in Iowa and in Wisconsin. I am keeping my eye on that one because my son is in Wisconsin about 5 miles from the Mississippi river there. I have friends in Iowa so I am sure hoping that it isn't going to be a bad flood. Those poor people in Louisiana really had it bad this year. I know what it feels like to go thru a flood. Matt and Barbara live on the bottom floor. I hope that it is not a bad flood. I told them both if they say get out you get Molly and get in your car and you go... Don't hesitate. Just go.

 Well news is short. I got my new bed today. I am really going to miss mine but it is time for it to go. Like a dummy I threw away my bed skirt last week. I was thinking that I wouldn't use it again. I completely forgot that this bed is going to be on a taller frame. I had never used the bed skirt and now I wish that I had it back. Too late now.

 I think that I am going to close and go to bed now. It is almost 2:20 am here. Time for some sleep so have a great Monday everyone... Take care and Be Safe... BB P.S. Update:

 It is a little before 7:00 am. My phone has been ringing since 5:30 this morning. It seems that a friend of my sons came over last night and something was wrong with his phone so I let him use mine to call someone to give him a ride home as for some reason he didn't have his car with him. Good thing that he remembered the number that he was needing to call. The bad thing is that now my phone will not stop ringing as the some person or persons (All females) keeps calling saying... "I got a call from this number, who is this?"
 I am like "Who is THIS?"  and I knew the last girl was lying because she said. "I just this very minute got a missed call from this number. I said "No you didn't. I am trying to sleep, not call random numbers but just hang on a minute. I took the phone into my son and said, Nathan did you make any calls on my phone while I was sleeping? He said no but remember we let my friend use it but that was last night. So the girl said.. Oh I know who that is.... that must have been who it was. And I said... Yeah but that was last night and this is this morning and hung up.
 It had to be some jealous girlfriend who has trust issues and is having her friends blow up my number to see who I am... I think that I might be just a bit picky letting anyone else borrow my phone even if they are stranded. Anyway I am wide awake now.
 This guy is a real sweetheart but his wife is another matter. He works, takes care of the baby, cleans the house and cooks the meals and deals with the likes of this woman. The poor guy doesn't have time to fool around on her because he is always busy, She calmed down when she heard me talking to my son because she knows who he is and who I am. I just have a different phone number now and she didn't know who it belonged to. So annoying... If you can't trust who your with then you don't need to be with them.

 Anyway after the 3rd call I just got up and turned on my coffee pot. This morning a single cup isn't going to do it! I think that I need the entire pot! But on a bright note it is 70 degrees and is supposed to only get up to 76 today and down to 66 degrees tonight. It is supposed to rain on and off again today. I hope that the storms don't become too bad. My sisters are flying in today from Cancun Mexico. I hope that they have great flying weather. It doesn't seem like they have been gone for 2 weeks but they have. I have a picture to share. It is pretty neat...


 This is a Pirate Ship called the Captain Hook. It is a dinner cruise. They had dinner and battled 2 other pirate ships and the Captain Hook won. Then they had dancing afterwards. They said that they had a blast. This was for my brother in law's birthday. I bet he had a smile from ear to ear.



 This one is smaller but it is all lit up. I would love to have joined them for this! I am assuming that this is one of the other Pirate Ships that they battled! Too cool.

 Well my coffee cup is empty and my baby boy is needing my attention. It is time for his Kibble. He is over here giving me the soulful I am starving look and long whines so I guess I better go and fix him some breakfast. Have a wonderful Updated Day.... BB

1 comment:

  1. The photos of the pirate ship brought back lots of fun memories. My Michael and I were on that ship too many years ago. I was brave and climbed up to the rope and swung out over the water and back. It was fun, even if I did bang my leg on the side of the ship.

    Sorry to hear about the problems with your phone and the jealous phone calls. Too bad there isn't a "ban this person" button on the phone like there is on blogger.

    It's too cold here for my liking. I do think I'll go outside for a while after lunch to enjoy the 60's temps. Tonight will be around 40 degrees again. Brrrrr.

    My little guy is looking for his lunch, so I'll go see what's to eat. Pogo sends woofs and a great big lick for Cicso. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete