Monday, November 13, 2017

Warm and Muggy Adventures



 A Delightful kit called Winter Dreams from my friend Rosie H... For personal use only...

 Hello Everyone,
 I have been trying to get over and blog but every time I tried something came up. Laundry, Life, Kids, and some here and there things that had me away from the computer.

 Today is warm and muggy. It is 71 degrees out and the sun is shining but it is so muggy, the air is thick with humidity and makes it feel a lot more sticky than it should be, but I am not going to complain as it is most welcome compared to the wicked heat that we had over the summer. One day got into the 50's and it was a cold rain and wind that made us shiver. Isn't that something? Who would have ever thought that I would be shivering in 50 degree weather?

 So I took myself on to a small adventure yesterday. My daughter dropped me off at the new library. I didn't get as many photos as I wanted. Long story short, I dropped my phone into the toilet. I was afraid to use it really. But here is a few photos that I took. Most is from the exhibit that they had from the event Day Of The Dead. Yesterday was an Asian Orchestra. Wow it was amazing.
 The entire place is just incredible... I will be going back for sure.











I had a great time looking at the exhibits and can't wait to go back.

 While I was there I found 4 books that I decided to check out. One is called Earth Magic. The Zodiac is different in this book, which I don't understand. It has me as a Libra in September instead of October.. But everything else that it said in the Earth Zodiac was spot on. I was amazed at what I read.
 Some of it made me smile. Like for example some of the wise woman's weather advice. I will have to go thru the book and share some with you some times.
 Then there is herbs, how to pick, dry and store, and how to make ointments and teas and such. Now my problem is that I live in the city and there is not many places here that I can go and pick the herbs called for certain things. Seriously some I have never heard of and I am leery of trying to use herbs that I know nothing about.
 I am particular interested in the herbs that heal the kidneys. But they have to be picked at a certain time of the day, some need to be dried before used, others need to be used right away. I have not used many herbs other than what I can get at natural stores or garden centers. So a lot I will not be able to use at all.
 Anyway the book is interesting but I will not read it in depth. Today I will explore another book on the recipes of a hedge witch.

 As always I am busy today. I have to see my endocrinologist tomorrow so I have a couple of things that I need to do and I also have a home breathing test I have to do and get in the mail. I am scared that the mail system here will not get the test to the lab in time.
 This test is to check for an over growth of bacteria in my small intestine. I was on one medication and it was not working so I made an appointment with my gastrologist and he changed my medication but had to fight for it over the insurance. When I got it I found out why. A month's supply costs over a thousand dollars!!!!! Anyway this test is important because I have a lot of indigestion, bloating and hiccups. Some times my food doesn't feel like it is going to my stomach properly.

 I also have to prepare my foods for my dinner tonight. I am using a different food plan now. It is Dr. Sebi's cell foods. It is an alkaline diet. It does seem that I am feeling a bit better with the foods. Lots of recipes out there and you can check out Ty's Conscious Kitchen on YouTube. The videos are short and easy. Today I am making my own ketchup! So I have to get busy on that.
 My veggies are almost gone. I will not be getting another produce box until spring, but the Farmers Markets are still open.

 I have my music playing and am feeling well other than I am a bit tired. Sleep is still not coming easy for me. I have been drinking my tea and trying to relax before bed, and when I do fall asleep I end up waking up several times a night so I am not going into the deep good stage of sleep I need. By the time that I do reach that point, I have to get up for one reason or another.

 Time for me to go to the store so I will close for now and I hope that everyone has a wonderful day and I will talk to you soon... BB

No comments:

Post a Comment