Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving 2017



Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Friends, and those that do not celebrate our Holiday, I wish you a special day with many Blessings...

 Hello everyone,
  It is a gorgeous Autumn day here. Right now it is 47  degrees but will warm up to 57 sometime today. It is so crisp and cool outside. I took my coffee out and Cisco was not impressed. He wanted back in almost as soon as I sat down. I let him back inside and he went on to his bed and blanket lol.

 I have been banned from the kitchen. We are not having a traditional meal. We are having Tortilla Soup and Beef Fajitas. Karyn is even making me a couple of tortillas out of Spelt flour but I told her that was not necessary and I would just have the filling and forget about the tortilla. But she is going to make me a couple of tortillas. I only need one but I can save it for tonight or tomorrow I suppose.

 Oh I have some awesome news to share. My doctor changed my insulin and I had 17 boxes that were unused. The pharmacy said that they couldn't take them back but I could bring them in to be destroyed.
 I was not about to do that. Ok that is Thousands of dollars worth of insulin. Seriously. Each box of pens cost $1,348. a box. 5 pens to each box.  Now multiply that by 17 and it comes to $22,916 dollars.... 
 So Karyn went online and found 2 places I could donate to. The first place is called Insulin For Life. I would have to pay shipping cost but it would be sent globally to disaster victims.
 The other place is a clinic right here in Austin so we called them and they said they would take it. They give it to people here in Austin and so Karyn and I took it to them yesterday. They were delighted to get it. 
 You know it felt so good to be able to make a donation like that to people that needs it. It makes a difference to give and it made me feel good too.

 Tomorrow is my sister Linda's birthday. I need to make a page for her. Last year her birthday fell on Thanksgiving. The year before it fell on my granddaughter Cathy's birthday. 

 I hate to cut this short but Karyn is allowing me to come in and watch her make the soup so I know how to do it... 

 Blessings to all....... xxx BB

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving day and enjoyed the meal.
    My hubby is on a lot of tablets and Insulin and was told the same when his were changed its such a waste It was so good of you to find someone to donate them too we will have to try that next time. look forward to reading more of your blogs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a really great day!! I know the feeling of giving to those needier than us. It's a great feeling. So many years ago, a total stranger came out of nowhere to help my children have a super Christmas. I always try to do the same for others.

    For years, I would make a huge dinner for Thanksgiving and Christmas so that anyone who had nowhere to go for dinner could drop in and enjoy a meal. In later years, my brother or I would cook these meals for my tenants. This year, Joe cooked dinner for some of us. When you do something nice, it comes around again.

    The microwace bell is dining at me. That means that Pogo's meatballs are thawed so now I can cook them. Jeesh! What we do for our fur babies!

    Pogo sends woofs and a big lick for Cisco. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete