Saturday, January 2, 2016

Winter Blues


 Hi Everyone,

  Welcome to January 2016!

 I bought this kit today and I am very disappointed in it, It looks different than the preview. I am just glad that I did not spend a lot of money on this kit. I usually do not buy kits because there are so many free ones out there. Anyway it is pretty enough but a lot of the images I already have, like the castle and the flowers in the top corner. But on the other hand there is some things that I don't have. So I will just be happy with what I have.

 Yesterday was a fabulous day. New Years with family and friends. Karyn cooked a wonderful meal and I can't thank her enough for all that she did. She chopped and whipped and shredded and refused any of my attempts at help but I did have my own job that I had to do and that was that I had to drink a glass of wine and play with my grandchildren. Easy and pleasant job that she gave me.
 My only regret is that I forgot to take pictures! I am so mad at myself for that. Moments that can't be recaptured. Memories lost and as such a picture taking person that I am... How I could have forgot that is really the only fly in the ointment. The kids had a great time playing Monopoly, Mouse Trap, and watching the Minions, Cathy's favorite and I let Adrian have my phone and tablet to play with and then of course there was my favorite of favorites.... Hugs and Kisses and I Love You's.... Dante was the only one that was a hold out. He was tired and overly so and was very cranky! Mama and Daddy had the joys of trying to pacify him. Sad that he wouldn't let me near him, little stinker.

 I haven't had time to do any of the things that I normally would be doing since I have been trying to play catch up on my house and I had been so wound up, not sleeping hardly at all and finally getting a few hours of real sleep sure seemed to go a long way. Today is my laundry day so I have to get that started and then I think that I will just hang out with the boys today.
 Jon, Karyn and Nathan went to see Star Wars last night. Jon had really been looking forward to it but said he thought that it was just ok.
 I have a new book to start called "Earth Magic" by Steven D. Farmer. It is about Ancient Shamanic Wisdom. I am not really sure that it is my cup of tea but at least I will start it and decide for myself if I like it or not.

 We have new neighbors moving in. She is pregnant. Very much so and has a toddler that is just to cute. I welcomed her to our complex and wished her and her family a Happy New Year and then she went her way with the toddler. I wasn't sure if the child was a boy or a girl. Normally if I cant tell I just look at their shoes and if they are pink then I figure girl lol. This child's shoes was of no help. They were either black or dark blue so I just said hi as a greeting.

 The weather is nippy. 42 degrees today. I am using my wrap that Matthew gave to me for Christmas. It is light weight and just right to keep the chill off of me. One of my friends from Scotland who moved down to Devonshire England sent me pictures of the flooding they had in Scotland. Yesterday they had 100 foot waves and was evacuating the Oil Derricks. At least that was what she was told by one of her family or friends.
 My heart goes out to our own country as to the flooding and loss. I know what these people are going thru and my heart hurts for them. So many people have lost so much.

 Well the boys want to play a card game so I am going to go beat their butts at Phase 10...... I am a super champ at that game... You all have a great day. BB

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your new year is starting off right nice. I'm so glad for you. Just don't over do when you start your household chores. Some of them can wait another day.

    I know what you mean about not taking photos when the opportunities arise. I'm the same way. After the fact, I sit and wonder why I didn't take photos.

    Today I'm feeling lots better. Just an occasional temp or chill. I'm getting there! It's cold here. Only 9 degrees when I got up to make breakfast. Right now, we're up to 14 degrees. Woo Hoo!!

    I feel bad for Pogo because it won't be warm enough today to keep the inside door open. He won't be able to see what's happening, or see when Joe gets home from work.

    The mail just came and I got a catalogue about taking courses at home, either on DVD or CD, and you can do the classes on your tablet or phone with an app. Hmmm, some of these classes look super interesting, and they are all on sale!!

    Well, I think I'll curl up in my comfy chair and take another peek through this catalog. You have a wonderful day, and give Cisco a big lick from Pogo. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete