Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sunday/Monday... Where has the week gone!!

Hi Everyone,

 These are my precious little Ghouls, Adrian, Cathy and Dante. I will be doing Alex's Halloween page next.

 The background comes from a kit from Kyra called Creepy Romance, The Quick Page is from Miss Edna and the rest of the embellishments come from Lins_Creations from a kit called A Witchy Halloween.

 I didn't blog yesterday. The resolution on my computer was way off and so I had Jonathan do a restore point on it this morning. Not that it would have mattered all that much as I was busy sleeping. I think that we are going to have to adjust my meds. When I first came home from the hospital it was good for me to sleep as much as possible, but now it seems that is all that I do. Karyn said one more week and we will cut my meds down to a quarter 3 times a day instead of a half 3 times a day. It was a whole pill 3 times a day so we have already cut it back.
 A lot of it is that I am bored. There is not much that I can do actually. I cannot get out and walk very far right now, I can't cook or clean and to me that is a great little vacation but I cringe when I walk into the kitchen lol. I have 5 weeks left before I can do any of the major things and I plan on taking advantage of it.

 I was invited today to join a group that I have admired for awhile. I am so excited. Our first challenge is a Halloween challenge and the page is supposed to be SCARY.... hmmm I will have to first see the kit to see what comes to mind.

 On my list of things to do today is a shower. Karyn asked me if I wanted her to stay with me this morning while I took one but I told her no and sent her home. I know that she is ready to get on with her own life but what a God Send my daughter was to me. I had told her that she could go home anytime that she needed to. She lives right up the hill from me so she can come anytime that I need for her to but the boys are here. They can do a lot to help me out as well. I can do the shower thing myself now I think. I did it the other night by myself so I think that I got this covered.

 I go to the doctor on Wednesday to get my staples out. On Tuesday I go to pick up my shoes finally and so slowly but surely I am getting back on my feet. If I could just get this pain in my lower abdomen to lighten up. My doctor said it is due to the aneurysm that they had to repair and that it was going to bother me "A Little" he said... hmmm... seems to be bothering me a lot lol.

 Well my home town received 21.4 inches of rain since Thursday night. A Union Pacific train was swept off the tracks as the tracks themselves were swept away. Thankfully no one was injured. Let me see if I can find a picture of it. Well my picture seems to have disappeared. I even went looking on the newspaper site but so much other stuff has covered it up. I cannot believe the desctruction as I was reading the posts of road closures, bridge outages and one article really hit me in in the heart and that was the rescue shelter at one of the churches. What blessings of our community. Not really mine anymore but I will never forget the generosity of some of the people and some of the community missions.

 So I guess that this is about all that I have for today. Take care and I will be back soon.... BB

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you back blogging. What a great scrap layout you made. Nice masking. (around the QP) If you're bored, color a new page. haha. If you could crochet or knit, this would be a good time to do that too.

    I'm so glad that you got to enjoy the coffee singles. I'll have to send you some more. I have them every day. I have not made a pot of coffee in I don't know how long.

    The dog walk park is looking really nice. Can't wait to see photos of it finished. Beth, don't rush to get back to cleaning and cooking. There's only one you, and you need to take good care of you. The cleaning will still be there later when you are back on your feet again.

    I follow the storm reports on the Weather Channel. It is just horrible the devastation and loss of life this rain is causing. I hope it all stops soon.

    Meanwhile, you get lots of rest. (catch up on all the TV series) Have a wonderful evening, and give Cisco a hug from Pogo and me. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete