Monday, October 12, 2015

My Birthday And A Work In Progress


 Hi Everyone,

 Well it has been like a week since I have posted for several reasons. One there hasn't been much news to blog about and two I have been busy doing scrap pages for my friends and family. I want to get them done before I go into the hospital Thursday for my surgery and I am not sure that I am going to make the deadline that I have set for myself, but I am going to try.

 The picture above is one that is a work in progress. Yesterday was my birthday and I was surprised to recieve a package delivered to my door. It was from my friend Edna, Awww Edna thank you so much.
 It was a book called "Living Wonders Color Art for everyone" and inside is such beautiful images to color along with 50 map colors. So I have been working on this and I was hoping to have it finished but I think that I have about an hour to go. Maybe a little longer. I will post the completed page as soon as I can.
 I was hoping that the page would have come out a little brighter but with the lighting in my house I guess that I am lucky that the flash picked up as much of the photo as it did.
 I had forgotten how much fun and relaxing coloring can be. Edna this is such a thoughtful gift and I thank you very much for thinking of a unique way for me to spend my time in the hospital and for helping me de-stress as well as something to do while I am recuperating....

 My birthday was really nice. I slept in and the boys moved all the furniture, dusted and vacuumed the living and dining room and then Karyn came over and we shared a glass of wine and talked and opened my gift. Jonathan had given me my gift early. A Tablet.... YAY!!


 It is a Galaxy S 3 Tablet. I thought that it was an S 4 but it wasn't. I had looked at the back of it wrong but I LOVE it...
 and Karyn gave me a subscription to Hulu so I now have Hulu and Netflix so I can choose more to watch.
 She was going to make me enchilada's for my birthday dinner but was out of all of the ingredients and so in the end she made me the best steak I have had in a long time.
 Phone calls from family and friends and over 200 facebook Birthday messages and several online cards and such... It was so nice... then I had a nap and best of all I didn't have to clean up until today.
 Karyn my love your a wonderful cook but I didn't realize that you had to use every clean pot and pan and dish, spoon and bowl in the house! LOL... I didn't really mind as I had a great day and that was worth every second that I did dishes lol.

 Tomorrow I will go outside and take more pics for the work done on the walking trail/dog park project. Wow...  I cannot believe how much work that they get done in a week. I know it is going to be beautiful when they are done.

 So Thursday is my big day. I may be in the hospital 4 to 5 days depending on how I do but usually I do so well that they will let me come home on day 3 so I am hoping that is what happens this time as well. I really hope that all goes well and that I can start walking again like I use to. I want to take hikes and I definitly want to take some nice strolls in the beautiful walking trails that we will have, and go downtown and explore and just get up and go and be active again.

 Wednesday I have to be at the hospital at 7 and then again on Thursday at 7 so I may not get to post again after tomorrow until I come home.

 I have some thank you's to take care of so everyone, have a Blessed Day! BB

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. Your tablet is soooo nice. I have a Samsung tablet too, so maybe as time goes on you can give me tips about it that I don't know. I'm not too tekky these days.

    Your color page is super. It's no wonder we love coloring so much. One can get lost in the beautiful world of color and creativity, as time goes swiftly tiptoeing by. Have fun my friend.

    I got up late, and it is almost 10 a.m. so I have to get over to my blog and post a bit. I'll chat with you later. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete