Friday, March 17, 2017

When It Rains It Pours!!!



Happy Birthday Natasha!

 A special friend of mine is having a birthday today. March 17th. I even put some green into the page just for LUCK! Natasha I am hoping that your birthday is as awesome as you are!

 Ok so I know it has been a few days since I have posted but the Flu does not like me. I have noticed that at the times that I feel alright I try and get up and move around, try to regain some strength but that gets zapped rather quickly! Back to bed I go.

 My daughter Karyn called me today and said "Mom I think that you should try to get an appointment" so I called the after hours clinic and they only had a nurse practitioner on call and I would have rather seen my doctor. I called to find out that she was only going to be in until noon... drats... so I called back to see if I could get an appointment for tomorrow and I spoke to another lady that informed me my doctors calendar changed and I could come in at 1:30 pm so I said ok. I called Karyn back and she said that she would be here at 1:00 pm. She arrived just as I was getting out of the shower and I got dressed and we headed that way.

 I had to wait for a bit since we arrived early and had to wear a mask. Those things are not comfortable at all. But I managed. My doctor came in and said she was sorry I wasn't feeling much better.
 She listened to my lungs and they sounded a lot better than on Saturday. My blood pressure was doing ok and after a few questions and answers she decided to put me on some steroids since I seem to have a nasty Bronical infection trying to rear it's ugly head and some more antibiotics.
 Steroids seem to have an odd effect on me. I have felt like I am crawling out of my skin. I am so antsy and bored. Rest, push fluids, sleep, and stay in bed. Continue the other medications.
 I have been doing as she said for as much as I can, but occassionally I do have to get up to go to the bathroom since the fluids are going thru me. Either get up and go or float away... so I get up and go!

 This is the 3rd antibiotic in the last 3 weeks. So guess what happens when you have too much antibiotics? Ahhh yeah, a very nice yeast infection. Yep I know that is probably too much information but while I was at the pharmacy the one thing that I forgot was a nice bottle of Probotics. I will have to make sure that I get some tomorrow.

 Last Thursday night, the day before I flew home from Florida, my grandson Adrian was care flighted to Children's Hospital in Los Angeles California. The doctors said that his lymph nodes in the stomach was swollen and it was viral and so they discharged him as all they were planning to do was pain management. I probably have already posted this.
 On Tuesday they were back at the hospital and this time were preparing him for another care flight back to Children's Hospital. This time they had prepared him for surgery. It was supposed to be a simple one, but the plans of mice and men right? Nope... when they got in there they found that his small intestine had retracted into the large intestine. A birth defect that is usually caught well before a child is 2 years old. He is almost 10.
 A part of his intestine was dying so they had to cut that out, clean out his intestines and close him back up inside and out. Being sick on my end, Phone not working on her end, and so communication was not easy. There was also a new born baby in there and they had to watch him. David, Laurie and the parents and the new baby didn't need to have the phone ringing so I limited my calls and waited for Laurie to contact me, or David one. I got updates, but being a worried Na-Na I have to tell you that I was impatient.
 They are doing scans every few hours to make sure that he is not leaking inside. Today was a good day or at least so far. They removed the tube down his throat that was sucking up old blood and gunk and tried to get him up walking. Ohhhh he was not a happy camper but he didn't ask for pain medication often today. When he did, they tried to motivate him. "Get up and take a little walk, then we will come back to the room and let you have your medication". It worked some. He had a 3 minute walk and then later today a 5 minute walk, but tonight my baby was hurting. So he promised that if they would give him his medication he would take 10 extra steps tomorrow. I am not sure if the staff agreed to that, but I told him and he knows my incision was bad like his and I told him that when I walked I always made myself take 10 extra steps.
 I am hoping that he is better tomorrow after some sleep. I know that he is tired. He went a long time without asking for pain meds and they gave him Torodol today to keep him alert. But tonight he was going to get morphine to help him rest. I hope that the scan came back alright and that he is sleeping. If he begins to leak then they would have no choice but to go back into surgery. I am hoping since I have not had another call then all is good.

 As you know, Edna was sick the last week that we were in Florida. On Monday she was very tired but wanted to get out so we went over to Walmart. I thought too that she was tired because she had not been getting any sleep, but I think that on Tuesday evening she was really bad and I took a taxi to get her some medication and pick up a few things we needed.
 Tuesday night I tried to check on her a lot but I was concerned. I felt she needed to see a doctor but she was afraid that they would admit her and if they did it would not be a good thing. But by Thursday she had some color back and was actually up and moving around. We didn't leave the house but stayed in. We ordered Pizza and she actually ate. But I was still worried. I was afraid she was coming down with pneumonia and I tried calling but I got no answer but later on she texted me that she was just to sick to get to the phone. I tried calling today and got a text that she was in the hospital and would let me know how what was wrong when she found out. They admitted her. Sure enough she has pneumonia.
 I wont bother her anymore. When she feels up to it she will call me or text me and let me know how she is doing. She needs all the rest that she can get for her healing. I did ask her who had Pogo and she texted back Joe so I know that he is ok too. Missing his mama I am sure but he is in good hands.

 Then tonight talking with my sister Linda, we heard this little boy crying. One of the kids playing hide and seek tripped over something and gashed his leg wide open, so off to the Emergency for him to be stitched up. Well I am not so sure how many stitches or anything but Linda said it was bad enough that he had to go to the hospital.

 And so here I am up. This medicine has me antsy and I am sure that sleep is not going to be easy to come by. But I am going to try at least to lay down now that I have spilled all of my woes to you here on my blog. I have to eat something and take another pill. Oh YaY! for that.

 So I will say goodnight on my end and Good Morning to everyone on your end.... Have a healthy week day and I will post again when I can... Hugs to all and BB

No comments:

Post a Comment