Friday, November 25, 2016

4 Weeks To Christmas

 Hi Everyone,
 The Thanksgiving day was nice and filled with family and love. Even if we didnt all see eye to eye on a few things the spaghetti, salad and garlic toast and beans were delicious, and Karyn's Lemon bars were wonderful. We had a lot of food left over as well so Karyn could take some home with her. She left the lemon bars with me... YUMMY.
 We are doing the works for Christmas. Karyn is getting the ham and I am getting the turkey. We will have lots of ham and turkey salads, sandwiches and some turkey soup. The sides never really last for long. Perhaps we don't make really huge portions of the sides.

 In a comment from Kyra she talked about a red cabbage and raisn dish. I am going to ask her for the recipe because I have had my mouth watering from just the description... It sounds perfect for a side dish with the ham.

 I haven't made my granddaughter her scrap page. I have just been wiped out. I have slept a lot over the past few days. I know that they say that sleep heals and so I really hope that is true as I have not been able to get my energy back in so long.

 Karyn and I were reading our lease agreement yesterday and I don't have to have the adhesive hooks after all to hang my pictures. Wow I swear I read the lease and I could have sworn that it was right there in black and white. And it was ... It was just worded strangely. It said that You could NOT use adhesive hangers for pictures... Whoo hoo... now I have a project to do this weekend but I truly want to get the pegs for my bookshelves and no matter where we have looked they do not have the ones that I am looking for. I could kick the boys butts for not taking the shelves out before they tried to move my book shelf. I tried to tell them to do so but no one listened as usual.

 Don't you just hate trying to write a blog post when there is nothing to blog about? Well I seriously don't have much to talk about. I watched a movie called The Forgotten Christmas and I really just wasted my time on that. It was alright but I really didn't enjoy it all that much. I am a stickler about finishing something when I start it so of course I had to see it to the end. I was hoping for that moment when it turns from okay to brilliant. It didn't happen! In the end it was still just ok.

 I have movies that I want to see tho. I want to see the new JK Rowling, Magical Beasts And Where To Find Them. Then there is The Arrival that I want to see and I still haven't had a chance to see Skully yet and I have a few favorites that I always enjoy. Tonight is The Christmas Card. It is a Hallmark movie and one of my all time favorites.

 And ... On December 6th Nora Roberts is releasing the last book of her Trilogy. I am so excited as I wouldn't get the first 2 books until the last one was out. I have been waiting and waiting, very patiently I might add. Also she wrote in her last blog that she is working on a new path, something totally different. Something that she has never done before. More of a survival type of story line where there is a world crisis and a handful of people who will play important roles in helping others to survive. Of course this first book will not be out for a year but it will give us Nora Roberts fans something to look forward to. I know that she does a lot of romance but you know, she really goes off the beaten path in her books. Some things are predictable and others take you by surprise. I have heard so many good things from this Stars Of Fortune series so I can't wait to get my hands on the first book. I will not buy it tho. I will hit up the library for this set as they are very expensive. I have learned to cull a lot of my books. I don't need a copy of every book that I love. I use to. Oh... My basement shelves were filled with so many books. When it came time to move I had such a hard time letting go of my "Friends" and only kept a few of them. The same thing when we did this last move. My closet shelves and book shelf was filled to the capacity, so I was able to let go of a lot of books. Some that really didn't hold that much appeal for me, but My favorite Nora Roberts books are still with me.

 I wish that I could be witty and charming tonight with much fun chatter but the truth is, it has been a quiet day. Cisco has been by my side most of the day and he and I are going to to crawl in between the covers and watch The Christmas Card. One movie that I know will get my feel good hormones going into over drive....
 Until next time... Y'all have an awesome day... Love, Cisco and Beth

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you received my comment on this post?
    Perhaps you can mail me on kyrasmiekeltje@gmail.com?
    I can also send you the recipee for the cabbage
    Thanks for the trouble taken.
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving Day. I hope Roxi had a good day too. Pogo and I had a great day, and last night, he decided that he loves cheesecake. Of course!!

    I finished this last afghan, and now my hands feel odd not having yarn and a hook in them. Ah well, it's just as well because my cards are in the mail so I'll be busy addressing envelopes soon.

    Today I'm tired because I did not sleep well last night. Maybe I'll have a nap after the mail comes. Sounds like a plan to me!

    Pogo sends woofs and a lick for Cisco. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete