Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Hi I Am Back Finally!

Hi Everyone,
 I hope that everyone is doing well. It is so nice to be back online. My battery died a few days back and even tho a new one was ordered it didn't fit my pc. So I am just going to have them put the money back on my bank card and in the mean time I am plugged into the main electrical outlet.

 A busy day ahead of me. They are replacing the 3 screens on our apartment today. Some joker came and looked and shoved the screen back into the window and smiled like... it is fixed. I glared at him and said... "Your boss was here on Saturday and said that all these screens had broken or warped frames and will be replaced with new ones. Shoving it back inside the window frame is not fixed nor secure." he left and haven't seen him since. I really don't want to have to call and make a complaint. I don't want to start my day off like that but I have finally learned that I have to fight for what is right.

 Well the move went alright. We navigated the bumps and pot holes. The Electricity was supposed to have been turned on the 3rd. Jonathan delivered a load of boxes and discovered no electricity so he contacted the Electric Company. They had us scheduled for Wednesday and Jonathan said... "No Way" he didn't really argue with the girl on the phone as I think that he should have. She was a rotten and rude representative.  After explaining that he made arrangements for the power to be turned on that day he informed her that his mother was disabled and she tried to give him options for me to stay at a friends or a family members and when she said "Can't she just stay at a Hotel?" Jonathan said yes that was an option if she wanted to pay for it. She didn't want Jonathan talking to a supervisor at all and finally he just kept repeating I have your name and ID number and if we get disconnected I will be calling back and making a formal complaint. She transferred him to a supervisor and we had power at 6:00 pm.
 In the mean time my daughter was here with Nathan and her husband and they were putting away the necessities to make it easier on me. We had enough time to make my bed, put out fresh towels and hygiene items and then run to the store where Karyn and I put together a welcome bag for my friend Patsy. Then we ran by a fast food place and grabbed up some chicken sandwiches and came back and put the bag together and then it was time to head to the airport to pick up my friend Patsy.  It was late but she was hungry so we headed to What A Burger and had a late dinner. I barely ate my sandwich from earlier so we all had a bit of a late dinner and then to the house.

 For the rest of the week Patsy and I just puttered around. We went out to eat next door one day. Here is a photo of us at The Brooklyn Pie Company.



 We went to a Mexican Place (Baby Acapulco's or Baby A for short) on Tuesday night. It has really delicious food but for me the smell had me throwing up. I didn't even get to eat. I could smell a sewer smell. It was not pleasant. Patsy said she couldn't smell it but the rest of us did. We all voted to go somewhere else but Patsy said it was fine where she was and so they stayed. After my second trip to the bathroom to throw up Karyn took me home. I am not keen in ever going back. It was my first and probably my last experience there.

 On Wednesday we just bummed around for food here I think. Gosh I do hope that I fed her on Wednesday but for the life of me I cannot remember what we ate. Isn't that terrible? Oh that was the day that we had a late lunch at The Brooklyn Pie Company. So we just had left overs and such for dinner that night.
 On Thursday Jonathan took us to China Center for some Vietnamese Food. Oh gosh I will never do that again. I almost died as the food was some how contaminated with seafood. I seriously could feel my throat closing and a horrible itch all the way down. I am very lucky to have gotten the allergic medication in time. I have now had the worse experience of my life with this allergy except for the first one. No more Asian food for me ever. They can go to these places and bring me back a burger. If they want to eat it at home then they can sit out on the patio. This was just too close for comfort. But on the bright side, a few photos that I captured.


 This shot was taken just as we were walking out of the Asian restaurant.  We had some pretty clouds forming.


 The little white dot is the moon. My hands were a little shaky as I also had to balance on my cane.


And this is at the entrance of the China Center. This is not the best photo that I have but it will work for what I wanted to show you. We had to leave at this point because my allergy was starting to cause me problems, We didn't get to check out any of the shops and things that we wanted to do. I tried to not go for Pho food. I knew better but Patsy really wanted to go. I am just going to have to be more blunt on this allergy. As the fact that some places do not bother me, others really do and I feel that if I put myself into this kind of danger it is my fault. People have to understand that it can only take one time and I could die. When I hear people say a mild allergy I wonder what they would consider mild but I also have myself to contend with. I KNOW how bad my allergy is and I should have just said I am sorry but I can't go there. I should have never taken the chance. And I accept full responsibility for doing so.

 And on that note I am going to go and have lunch. I had a conversation with the office about the workmanship of my screens. They are not to my satisfaction so the main man came over and agreed and is sending the worker back and then he is going to come and re-check his work. See I am learning already to say.... No I can't accept this"... Not as hard as I thought.

 I am starving so off I go for some lunch.... take care everyone and BB

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for sticking to your guns about the shoddy screen work. As for the allergy reactions at the different restaurants, I have to agree that that is your own fault. You should have told your friend, "sorry, but you'll have to eat here alone. I have allergies." I once had a mother in law who thought that allergies were a joke. She insisted on giving my kids food that they were not supposed to have, until finally one of my daughters got extrememly ill and landed in the hospital. I finally had to tell my MIL that if I could not trust her around my kids, she would not be able to be alone with them anymore.

    Today is a bit cool, but sunny and lovely. I'm feeling a bit cold, but I think it's just me. No one else is complaining.

    DIL will be coming by after work so now I have to decide what to make for supper. I've thawed out a large ham slice, so maybe mashed potatoes and veggies will do just nicely.

    Now think I'll go put on a pair of warm fuzzy socks. My feet will thank me. haha. Pogo sends woofs to Cisco, and says to give Cisco a big lick! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete