Friday, October 28, 2016

It's Friday!



 Hi Everyone,
 Today is Friday. It is 1:20 in the morning here and I have been busy doing computer work. Cleaning out old files and moving things around. It was time that I sat down and did it. It has been a while since I cleaned out my folders.

 I made this scrap page a year ago. Some of you may have already seen it on Facebook. Last year my sisters Linda and Susanne and a friend Paula went to Europe for a month. They had a blast. They caught trains and buses and did a lot of walking. One of their favorite places was a vineyard and they posted pictures of every one that they visited.
 I came up with this page for them as stopped one day and had a wine tasting. I couldn't make the wine glasses look as good as I wanted to so I decided to just save the image as was and extracted it and worked from that. ( I know that they had to eat too lol). So this is the page that I decided to share for today.

 It is late here, but I laid down around 5 this evening. We had a Halloween Party at the club house and I had planned to go. I over slept. I called my daughter and she needed some cash so I had Jonathan pick me up after work and we took her some money and I even bought them dinner. The party was almost over by the time that we made it home so I didn't get to go.

 I love it here. I cannot tell you what a difference this place is from the last. Right outside my gate is the laundry center. They will even wash and dry and fold your clothes for you. But we can do that ourselves. There is also one here on property but they are single load washing machines. Next door you can wash from a single load to a triple load. 45 minutes and we are done. We will eventually get our own washer and dryer. I do miss that from our old place as we had a washer and dryer but this is just as convenient and we are not too unhappy about it.

 Now that we have been here a few weeks, almost a month next week, we have had time to weigh the pros and cons. A con.... Okay so I am 5 foot and zero inches. I am a shorty. My shower head is geared for a very tall person. It is just a basic shower head. I had the fancy one at the other apartment called a rain shower. I have to say that I do miss it. But the pros is... this tub is a garden tub and it is large and roomy and it is not slick porcelain. It has grip padding in the bottom. The doors are wide enough if I ever have to have a wheel chair to get to and from the other parts of the house. If I wasn't such a shorty then my bath would be perfect.

 The other con is that my closet shelves are at least 7 feet high. It is dangerous for me to climb up on a chair to put things away. But I have a tall son and a tall son in law so that is alright but I did put in a work order to have them lowered.

 We have a trash compactor at the back of the property. We can take our garbage there if needed but we have to load it into the car and drive there to do so. But Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays all we have to do is set it outside our door and between 5:30 and 7:30 someone comes and picks it up for us. So far that works out really well for us. They even pick up boxes as long as we break them down.

 It has been quiet here up until this past weekend when we had new neighbors move in upstairs on the other side of the building. I do not expect them to be here very long because they are loud. They have had security here twice already. It is in our lease agreement that if there are multiple instances then it is a breach of contract and reason for eviction. They are not supposed to double park and they do. I seen a tow truck out here tonight. They will not be very happy tomorrow.
 I can understand it if these were kids or even young adults being a little loud now and then but these are middle aged people who do not speak English. I don't recognize the language. Another thing is that they never bring their garbage down to the area where it is to be picked up. They lean over the stairs and drop it. No that is not going to work either as the bags are busting open and causing a mess. I was outside last night when the company was picking up our garbage and the man seen for himself what they were doing as he almost got hit with a bag of flying debris.
 So I really do not think that they will be here much longer. The rest of the complex is really quiet.

 I love the fact that there is so much to do here. Tonight they had a Halloween Party and Movie and contest for the kids and families. I was going to go but our plans changed when my daughter called. I can't wait to see what is on the calendar for next month. Last Saturday they had Breakfast at the club house. And there was more activities that we could have attended.

 I really do love it here. No carpet in the main parts of the house really make it nice. We sweep Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and mop on Tuesday and Thursdays. I usually dust what little furniture that we kept on Friday. I love my kitchen. It is easy to work in and my dishwasher is awesome. Nice appliances and double the storage in my other apartment. My bedroom is smaller than the one that I had, but since I didn't bring several items with me when we moved it all fits really well.

 I am working hard on getting it looking good so I can take pics to share. First things first. We have a no nails policy so I have to get some special hangers in order to hang my pictures. I only have 2 that I am a bit leary of hanging. But I will figure something out there.
 I guess my favorite place in the house other than my room is my patio, We have a corner apartment and I have a small garden area outside my bedroom door. The crepe myrtles are still lovely. They have lost their blooms and a few leaves are falling but for the most part they are still green and pretty.

 Lots of places for Cisco to roam. He has his favorite places but we have sometimes taken him to different areas just to be able to get him some exercise. The man next door to us is never home or so it seems. If he is home then it is really late in the evening and he is very quiet. Never hear anything from any one except the 4 people that just moved in recently. I am assuming that they are couples. 2 men and 2 women.

 I have met 2 ladies that walk their dogs, thankfully at different times that we take Cisco. He just doesn't play well with others, little brat dog. One lady has a beautiful lab. His name is Logan and he is a love. The other is a white dog, not sure of the breed. Part lab and something else. Her name is Sierra. She is a service dog. She is just gorgeous. I didn't ask what she does for service as it would have been rude, but they are awesome dogs. Their owners seem really nice to and they pick up after their pets too.

 Well I have been at the computer for almost an hour so I am going to share some Halloween Smiles and call it a night.. or day... for me I am going to bed so night it is. Enjoy the Smile File.


 I really loved this idea! I thought that it was cute.


Ooop's even the Witches have rules lol.......


 OUCH!!!! Sorry but I really chuckled over this one....


 And this is the last I have to share for now... I hope that you have a smile on your face.... Have a Blessed Day and I will post when I can.... BB

No comments:

Post a Comment