Sunday, July 16, 2017

Dreams and Dreamers


 A page that I did with Edna's QP and background. This is my brother when he was younger, 13 or 14 maybe and the poem is by Ralph Hodgson. I think that it is lovely and reminded me of him so very much.
 Karyn and I were go and see him May 1st, my sisters were planning to go the day after he had passed. We didn't get to say our goodbyes. So to spend just one more day with him would have been so meaningful to all of us.
 There are still days that I just can't believe that he is gone.
 I entered this page in a challenge called Poetry so it would be nice to win but some of the other pages in the challenge are just so over the top that I know I won't win, but this page means a lot to me and that is what counts.

 So Karyn just left and while we had alone time we talked about our dreams. So weird that we had almost the exact kind of dreams. The reality of course is that never in a million years would we be able to carry out these dreams but it was so lovely to have them be so real.
 She dreamed of having a full family reunion at Christmas at a huge huge Lodge in Park City Utah with the Polar Express and carnival for the kids. She did the 12 days of Christmas.
 I dreamed that I bought a very large ranch in Colorado with all kinds of horses and everyone had their very own suite of rooms and activities. Snow capped mountains and warm fires with hot chocolate and a midnight ride under the dappled light of the moon.

 It was great fun talking about it and how weird that we both dreamed of family and special times. Neither one of us had any idea how close our dreams were until we started talking about it. I let her go first as she was so excited to tell me and I just sat there and said... Oh wow... some of the things in our dreams were almost the exact same thing. So we called ourselves the dreamers... lol.
 It is still as vivid now as it was during the night.

 I really thought that by now my mouth would be less sore but that is not the case. I actually think that it is sorer today than yesterday. Especially my left jaw. I am still using the ice packs. They have really helped me a lot. My pain medication has not helped much at all. Not for this. I need to talk to my Pain Management team but I am so sensitive to so much medication I am not sure that they have anything else that will help me. It helps in other ways, but not for dental pain.

 So news is short here. It seems to be that way. I have an early morning doctor appointment for my labs and diabetic coach in the morning. Then on Friday I see my doctor for results. I would rather not have to do any of it but it has to be done and out of the way and next on the list is podiatry and eye exam. I am behind on those and just can't help it since it was hard to fit so much into the last few months.

 We had a huge thunderstorm last night. I didn't even get up and shut down my computer. The thunder and lightening just lulled me back to sleep. I awoke this morning to a gorgeous sunny morning and visit from Karyn.

She is taking Joe's nephew halfway to meet his mom. The other boy wanted to come this week too so they were going to exchange brothers but the office made such a big deal of the one being here without notifying the office they just said no more kids right now. It was boring for the kid since he couldn't use the pool and stuff. They sure are enforcing a lot of rules and I guess it is because of summer. He had to have a letter stating that they had guardianship over him for the time he was here to be able to use the pool. I know that it is for his safety tho so no one made a big deal out of it except the 3 day rule.
 Our lease says 7 days that a guest can be here without notifying the office. Now they say it is 3 days so Karyn took her lease to the office and said show me where... well they couldn't so he got to stay the entire week and next month the other one can come.

 We were hoping that the rain would cool us off but instead everything is just steamy and hot. I am looking forward to Autumn. It is just too hot to be out trying to do anything fun and even sitting out on the patio is just miserable. At least this week at night we are to be in the mid 70's so are happy for that. Mosquitoes pose a problem but so far not as bad as last year.

 Think that I will go and have something to eat, or try too. then it is another ice pack... Take care to all.... BB

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your brother. I hadn't read that poem before, but it is beautiful.

    As for those mosquitoes, get a citroen plant for your patio and you won't have such a problem with the mosquitoes.

    It's very interesting about the two of you having such similar dreams. Must be something you would both really like.

    I have to go out early this morning to take Janice to work, so Pogo and I will have to poke around in Michael's (craft store) while we are out.

    Now I need to check my email and post on my blog and then get dressed and ready to leave. Pogo sends woofs and a big lick to Cisco. You have a super day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete