Saturday, April 29, 2017

Saturday Night Blog


Hi Everyone,

 This scrap page is of my daughter Karyn. I was trying out a new technique in my scrapping program and I ended up liking this a lot so I changed the background and added some water drops and it is a simple page but I really like how it turned out.
 I did the sketch of Karyn in another program that I have on my phone and then converted it into a photo and it is what I used.  I was actually working on Text Paths. And tried to use the color white but for some odd reason I am not able to convert my text into white. I know that I am just doing something wrong. If I keep playing with it enough I am sure that I will figure it all out eventually.


 I am sharing this video and song Hello Darling by Conway Twitty. He was one of my brothers favorite singers and he loved this song and he loved every time he saw a pretty girl he would say "Hello Darling".
 Yesterday Karyn and I went out to The County Line where Nathan works and we were listening to the oldie station and music and they played this and Karyn and I immediately reached over to turn it up and both of us said.. "Uncle James" and smiled.
 Oh gosh there are a million things I want to ask him, to tell him and will not ever have that chance again.

 Well we are in for some severe storms tonight. Another reason I wanted to do my blog so that in case the storms get bad I can shut down the computer. I have some other scrap pages to share. I have been scrapping a bit because it has been easier for me to unwind when I have had the time to unwind. I have purposely have kept myself busy. It is easier to handle some things when I have my thoughts focused in a different direction. Every day I have been trying to do some thing. Today I took the top part of my stove apart and scrubbed it down.
 How do those burn pans get so black so fast??
 I am not a messy cook and I wash the stove every night so how on earth does it all get cooked on and black and oh for Pete's sake what about under the top?
 Anyway I did a good job of that but next I have to tackle the oven. I don't have a self cleaning oven here. I find this so strange that the appliances are still nice, they are not the newer models and really should be considering that the rest of this place is so much newer than some of the others.
 One thing I can say about our old place is that it might of been old but all of the appliances were brand new.

 Today Cisco dragged Nathan's blanket into our room. You notice that I said our room, not my room. Anyway I took my big pillows from my bed and put them on the floor and he just found them and is sleeping on them. I took a picture. You can't see Baby because he is laying on top of him. I am not sure where he has Chicki hidden at the moment. He is sleeping more and more on the floor. My bed is too high for him to be getting up and down from so I can just wash the shams. I really need to get him a doggie bed. It is on my to do list but this works too.


 It isn't a great picture. I took it from a distance because I was afraid I would wake him up. I should have gotten a better picture but this is what it is and I found Chicki. He is on my bed stuffed between two of my pillows. I can see it's beak from here. He is so funny about his babies... If you click on the photo you can barely see a little bit of orange. That is Baby. He thinks that he has to lay on them to protect him I guess.

 Oh and here are a couple of other scrap pages. I am not sure if I have shared them or not. My memory seems to be leaving me at an alarming rate lately. I am sure it is because of all the stress and stuff or maybe it is just natural right now.


 I love this page. I did it from a kit from Salt Town Studio's. She has another collection out I need to download called Blue Skies.


And this one is of my son Matthew. I made this page from a kit called Boy Zone by Lins_Creations. It is actually a CT page that I did. I thought that I had done 4 pages for her but I guess that I didn't with my brother passing and the funeral and all the doctors appointments and so forth. So I decided to do another page for her today.

 Speaking of Matthew, he is flying in tomorrow. My daughter will pick him up from the airport and he is taking me out to eat. He told me to be thinking of where I want to go and I have decided on Applebee's because I can get their small steak, steamed vegetables and a side salad.... all in my diet!!!

 My diet is hard but it isn't. I have plenty of foods that I can eat, but it is the cravings that is still getting to me. I still have the urge for things. I still want salt and I am cutting down on that a little at a time. I still want the chips and crackers and that kind of thing. But in all honesty it is getting better and better every day. It is really when the odd cravings sneak up on me or when I automatically reach for the salt for something. I have put the shaker up in the cabinet instead of leaving it out so that way it makes me think about walking to the cabinet for it instead of just automatically reaching for it so that has helped.
 I have been doing a lot of research for recipes. It has been really pretty interesting seeing some of the things I have come up with that I can use my imagination for. I will try them out, add my own little spin to it here and there and see what happens. I found a site that has several great recipes for green beans. They are NOT a favorite of mine unless they are fresh, but this site showed frozen ones, thawed and drained, seared with a little olive oil and some mushrooms, onions and garlic and some sliced tomatoes or the small round ones. And I can have as much of that as I want, but I am really trying to cut my portions down as well.
 The more I do the better control I have and the better my sugars become. Like I said before it all has to start with me.

 Storms are moving in so I better start wrapping this up. Let me see if I can find a few goodies in my stash to share and then I will get off line and shut down the computer for the evening.

 I found this little gem on Facebook.... Yep that is soooooo me... haha.



Of all the pictures of this beautiful woman, this one is my absolute favorite. I really love the look on her face as she cuddles her baby.


 When James passed away I had so many messages and emails from friends and some were complete strangers to me. They were people in groups that I belong to, but not on first hand basis with. It was impossible for me to thank everyone individually. So I made this page and shared it.
 I appreciate the support so much. Even if it was just a small message. It is not easy to be able to know what to say, and a simple I am sorry can mean as much as anything else.
 So Thank you all for thinking of me.... Enjoy the video, have an awesome Sunday and a wonderful week.... Take care of yourselves and I will be back when I can.... BB

2 comments:

  1. Seems you are doing quite good with your new diet. I understand those cravings!!!
    Oh, I wonder if you use "normal"salt. For Jan I use LO Salt, which is much better and has 66% less natrium in it, Perhaps you have something like it overthere too?
    Lovely you had your son Matthew come over and that you did go out for dinner with him. And you chose so wisely LOL!
    Well, my back is playing up on me nmow, spent too long at the computer(I strained my back a few days ago, not funny, still have to be careful how to move, but it will pass some day again).
    Hope you will be able to get some sound sleep and in more regular periods.
    That will do a gresat deal of good to you!
    Sending hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I love the photo and scrap page of Cisco!!!! Beth, you are doing great with your new diet. Keep up the good work!!

    I love all of Conway Twitty's music. I think I have most of it on my laptop too. As for Marilyn, she has always been a favorite of mine. When my hubby was in Korea, Marilyn was there entertaining the troops and he took photos of her. I would love to have met this beautiful woman in person.

    Now I'm off to see what's for lunch. After my busy day yesterday, today will be a bit slower. I'll be working on a new baby blanket.

    You get lots of rest my friend. Pogo sends woofs and a big lick to Cisco. You have a great day. We love you, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete