Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Winds, Hail and downpours!



 Good Morning,

  I don't have a page to share with you today so I borrowed this one from my time line from several years ago. I believe that it is so precious. Some animals love each other even when their nature says that they shouldn't. Wouldn't it be wonderful if the world could love each other like this? No matter what race you were, the language you spoke, or your religious beliefs, just love. Oh ok so I feel rather sappy this morning.

 Not much sleep. I went to bed around the usual time and woke up to fierce wind. The wind was so loud that it actually woke me up from a sound sleep. Then came the rain........  Thunder so hard that the house shook. Lightening so bright that it lit up my room time after time. Cisco freaking out and shaking and he was in such a state that he wouldn't even let me hold him. I let him just do what ever he wanted to do and that included barking and growling. I figured that if the storm didn't wake our neighbors, Cisco wouldn't either. He is now passed out getting some much needed rest. I would be still sleeping except my phone went off with a call from my cousin. She always pocket calls me. She has no idea that she hit a button and dials me. So I got up and turned the coffee pot on and here I am!

 In other news, my son in law Joey is into making all of these homemade from scratch things. He made me a gallon of laundry soap. For less than $3.00 he can make 5 gallons. It actually makes more as it always gets really thick so I pour half into another container and then I add more water and shake it up and so I actually get 2 gallons. It is such an easy recipe and I love it when he makes it and sends to me. This next picture is fabric softener that he also makes for me.



What you will need:
2 cups of your favorite scented conditioner
3 cups of white vinegar
6 cups of water hot
A container to mix the ingredients and hold the softener in...

Mix all ingredients together. You can use a pitcher to mix them all together and then just pour it into an empty containter.
It takes a minute of stirring, but do it until no more conditioner clumps. Don't shake it.
Use 1/4 cup per load and it works great!

 I will hunt up the recipe for the laundry soap and share that with you too soon. Or I might just have to ask him for the ingredients.

Did I share this with you all yet? This is a good one too....


 This is a bird feeder stand with the mesh removed. Fill it with the hair from your fur babies so that the birds can take bits of it to help build their nest.
I am saving my hair when I clean out my hair brush and I am going to add things like bits of yarn and I have an old straw broom that really needs to be trashed so I think that I will cut the straw out of it and add to it as well in strips. Not too big but enough that the birds can use it. I am sure if I put on my thinking cap I can think of other things to use as well.

 I am making a new dish tonight. I seen the recipe for it in a magazine so I am going to attempt it. It is a chicken dish and I am making some beans and some special rice to go with it.  I made my stir fry last night and was hoping to have some for lunch today but we ate the whole pan. The boys were hungry! We have been not cooking since we had so much left over from our picnic on Saturday and just ate what we had and some left overs. Trying to stretch it out until the first of the month.

 We are having an inspection so I need to get up and get some things done in case they hit my building today. I have a leak behind my toilet, I stepped onto my rug to get into the shower yesterday and my rug was saturated. I looked behind the toilet and a large puddle of water was standing. So I have to get a work order in on that.

 Well my phone is going off with things that I need to take care of so you all have a great day. Hugs to all........ BB

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I love all the handmade things. What a smart son in law you have. I feel so bad for Cisco with all this wicked bad weather. It must be really awful for the poor little guy. Usually Pogo is okay, but when the storm is really noisy he gets nervous and barks a lot. That's when I wrap him in a blanket and hug him till the storm is over. We've been pretty lucky so far.

    In a little while here, I need to make the frosting for Pogo's birthday cake. We'll have a little party later, and then deliver most of the cake to Sassy. (Dee & Eddie's little dog)

    We would send a piece for Cisco, but I don't think it would be any good by the time it got there. Just give Cisco a big hug from Pogo and a lick on the cheek. You have a great day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete