Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Cathy!!!!



 Hello Everyone,

 First thing first... My granddaughter turns 7 years old today! I am wishing her the best day ever! I will get to see her tomorrow so I will have a small cake for her and a small present. I will just have to do it a day late.
 Bless her heart, she doesn't understand why her friends cannot come to her party. Mom and Dad tried to explain that since her birthday falls so close to our Thanksgiving Holiday that most of her friends are going to be with their families. Laurie tried to talk her into having her party next weekend but she wanted it on her birthday so for her sake I do hope some of her friends show up for her.

 Atlantis is my second entry over at DigiArtDen challenges. This challenge page is called Atlantis for the Lost Cities Challenge. I also did this page for my first challenge page called Pompeii.... I did 2 pages but couldn't decide which one so I had the kids to vote... it was a tie... Nate liked the first page and Jon liked the last page and Karyn liked them both so.... I finally chose this one....



 And this next one is the first one that I did.....


 So that is what I have been doing during the night. It was late before I slept.

 I have been asked for my Thanksgiving Dressing/Stuffing recipe so I am going to share it here.... Enjoy if you decide to try it out....

 Southern Dressing/Stuffing

2 boxes of cornbread mix.
6 slices of toast or other breads. It  can be any bread you like... Just toast and crumble....  Make sure to toast both sides.
sage
garlic
salt and pepper
any seasonings that you like... for me it is a little oreganeo and thyme and rosemary... Just a little but a lot of sage.
Onions chopped
Celery, I break off around 3 stalks clean and chop well.
1 large can of chicken broth
1 large can of cream of chicken soup
 6 large hard boiled eggs
1 box of savory herbed stove top stuffing if you prefer (optional)

 Mix cornbread as directed in a large bowl and set aside.
Saute onions and celery in a little oil or butter until tender. Add all to the cornbread mixture and stir well.
 Add seasonings as well, salt and pepper, garlic and sage. I really like sage so it is really a matter of preference. If you don't have sage poultry seasoning works just as well.
Pour into baking dish and bake until done at 350 degrees....
 Next:
Large bow, toast your bread, and if you want to use the stove top stuffing or croutons add this now. When cornbread is done and cooled enough to handle, crumble it into the bowl. Mix with hands well. Add chicken broth and soup.
 Mix well and cover and refrigerate until your ready to bake the dressing. I do mine the day before.   Hard Boiled Eggs is last ingredient before baking.
 Note"
 When you get ready to bake it in your baking dish, it might seem a little dry. Add more liquid. It can be a little water, or broth or even a little more cream of chicken soup. You  don't want it runny and soupy but you don't want it dry either.
 Now is the time to peel and chop your hard boiled eggs and mix into your cornbread dressing mix. Sprinkle final seasonings on top if any to taste....
After about 45 minutes of cooking at 350 degrees, I take a fork and mix it again.... then I take a spatula and smooth it out again and let it just cook until browned.... and there you have it.... Enjoy...

 And if anyone has any questions you can always email me at 75751tj@gmail.com.... Gotta run... have a great day BB

No comments:

Post a Comment