Friday, December 8, 2017

Snow.... We Had Snow!!!


 Good Morning,
 A Winter page made for a challenge last year. I didn't win but I never did but a couple of times in the entire 8 or 9 years I was at that group. But I love the snow. I know it is easy to get sick of tho.

 It is early here for me. About 9:00 am. I am rather sleepy but the kids woke me up. They are having a quiet morning because due to the snow they don't have to go in until 10:00 today. We didn't get this much snow as in my page.  Bu enough that it covered the cars but most of it has melted but I had to go to the store so I was out in it. It was so pretty. I took pictures but of course it was too dark to really see the fat flakes. Funny that we had snow and lots of places didn't. Our friend Kevin in in Ohio and said he was waiting for it and it was a no show. The minute he moves.. we get snow lol.

 I wont be on long as the light still bothers my eyes, but I really wanted to post. This surgery was difficult, but I got some good news. I don't have to go back for 8 weeks and if all goes well then I don't have to do it again for 12 weeks. Sounds good to me. Sure beats going every 3 weeks, or every month.

 I cannot believe that it snowed. They said it was supposed to but I really didn't think that it would. Perhaps some flurries, but it really snowed. Big fat flakes falling from every direction and coming down hard. I was worried last night about Nathan getting home, but Matthew went and got him which was a relief since he does have experience in driving in the snow. Jonathan doesn't because we never see it here.

 So I had the eye procedure done and came home and took a pain pill and went straight to bed. Some things don't work out as planned tho. Cisco thought that I was gone for ten years instead of a couple of hours. He had to be right at my side. Nothing would do until he was put in bed with me. He cuddled just long enough for me to drift off to sleep and then he wanted to play. He kept pawing me and giving me itty bitty bites on my ears and sticking his nose under my chin, doggie kisses all over and I tried to pull him down to cuddle but he was having none of that. He laid on top of me, put both paws on my shoulders and tried to lick the eye patch. He knew it shouldn't be there and sheesh he was heavy.

 I rolled over onto my side and he was miffed so I found a toy and held it out to him. He played with it for about 2 seconds. I finally had Nathan to come and get him so I could just rest a minute because my eye was throbbing. I needed to lay still.

 All the way to the clinic it was pouring rain. I was thankful that it stopped for a minute so I could get inside the clinic. On the way home, I of course had the eye patch on and my eyes were so dilated I couldn't see anything. I was searching for the car when Karyn came up to me and guided me to the front. She had moved the car closer for me. She didn't go in with me. There really is no room for her or anyone else in there with the doctor and 2 technicians so she said she would just stay in the car and listen to an audio book or something. They had a couple of premature babies in there and so they closed off one of the seating areas so the babies are less exposed to germs so she had no place to sit.
 It will be a good thing when the new building is finished. Each time we go, we see more and more progress on it. They still have a lot of work to do on it tho.

 Right now there is only one eye surgeon. They will have 2 possibly 3 at the new building. I told my doctor I don't want to change doctors and he said he was going to keep all of his patients. The other doctors will be moving to the new clinic and bring their own.  They are all of the same association anyway.

 The trip home was super scary for me. Not being able to see properly, everything looked far away until Karyn went to stop at a light and it looked like she was running right into the car ahead of us. So she had me lay the seat back and just keep my eyes closed. That helped some but I got sick to my stomach just before we got home. A case of vertigo in a way. She was walking behind me on the way into our apartment. Good thing she was with me because I made a wrong turn and was going into someone else's apartment. She just guided me on into our own.

 I didn't do anything yesterday. Last night my left eye was pretty good and I could see normally out of it. Before I went to bed I took the patch off so Jonathan could put the drops in my eyes and I left it off and kept the lights off. I had to go to the store so I beat Jonathan home. He doctored my eyes and I went to sleep. I didn't have a restful night tho. I tossed and turned most of the night.

 My dinner did not agree with me. I had a salad and it tended to sit on top of my stomach all night. I think that I took my night meds too early and that is what did it but I was afraid I would fall asleep and forget to take them so I took them about an hour earlier than normal and I  don't think that my food had digested as well as it should have.

 Karyn made me breakfast this morning but it wasn't appetizing to me so I hope that I can eat it in a little while. Then I am going back to bed.

 I guess that I will close for now. I really don't have much more to say so until later on, you all have a wonderful Friday.... BB

4 comments:

  1. Wowee! Snow! We have some coming tomorrow. I'd like to send it to you, but unfortunately I don't know how to do that.

    I'm not crazy about the snow, but I don't really have much of a say about it. In two weeks, it will be Winter so I guess we'll be having snow every so often from now till Spring. And the good news, Spring will happen just a few days after I get back from Florida. Yeahhhhhhhh!

    I know you're trying to get some sleep, so I'll chat with you later today. Pogo sends lots of woofs to Cisco. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edna,
      If you can figure out how to send me some snow, it will make you famous! I lived in Indiana and had never been around it much so I was there for the big blizzard of 78 and 79. I was not impressed as I was alone and no phone and snowed in for 3 days. Snowdrifts as high as my small trailer and the doors would not even open. I remember that they had to dig me out and I had them take me to my friends. Good thing as she was in active labor and her husband was snowed in on base with mine. They carried her to the hospital on a snow mobile lol. Yes Spring right after Florida... I sure hope that you don't have to deal with the snow as you have in the last couple of years. Talk to you soon... Hugs xxx Beth

      Delete
  2. You eye injections dont sound nice at all so its good that time is going to be longer between them, Cisco sounds a little rascal wanting to play when you needed to rest he sounds like a lovely dog, Hope you will be feeling better soon, look after yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gypsy,
    Oh hon the eye injections are extremely painful. I don't know how I endure them. I don't envy anyone who has to go thru them. Most people don't have the problem I do. The numbing drops usually work for most people. They give me 3 different kinds of drops, a gel and then put a sponge in the eyes and still the pain is excruciating.
    Oh yes my Cisco is a little rascal. He means so much to me. I love him so much. I am very happy to be his fur mama. Thanks for stopping by... Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete