Monday, December 4, 2017

Rainy Days And Mondays



 An Elegant Christmas, for Master Pogo and Miss Edna,

 Hello.
 It is rainy here. I love it when it rains, especially since it has been rather dry for us lately. I don;t know what the weather forecast is for today, but I awoke to the rain pattering my window this morning at 4::30 am. I got up and started my coffee. Just waiting now for that first cup. I can hear the coffee maker doing it's final stages so I know in a couple of minutes I will have my first mug of the day.

 I have been quiet busy the last few days doing one thing or another or just reading and resting. On Thursday I am thinking it was, I went with Karyn to drop Nathan off at work and then I came home, did some cleaning, then I started on my blog and got really sick to my stomach and a bit dizzy. It happens with my medication sometimes.
 The ride to work with Nathan was really nice. The traffic was bad so we got off and took the scenic back way in and Oh how gorgeous it all was.
 I told Miss Edna later it was like I had my own New England for a little while. The trees were changing from dark reds and golds to browns and yellows. There was a pond with thousands of lily pads, the Dam and all of the beautiful houses and hills. It was just gorgeous. The leaves were falling around us, before us, on us. I loved it. Traffic then became cleared up so we came home the regular way which isn't as scenic or as pretty as it is so many buildings as the city can be.

 Then I came home and had lunch, took my medication, started my blog and that is when I got to feeling sick. So I apologize for such a small post the other day. I think that was Thursday but it could have been Friday. On Saturday I was home for most of the day doing regular stuff and I checked in on Matthew and he came over and we went riding. We spent about 4 hours riding around at the park and then when it started to get dark we went looking at Christmas houses decorated, with the lights and the reindeer and snowmen, Santa and the elves,  then we stopped at a Jack In The Box fast food place and he got a soda and fries and I got a glass of water. I was good. I had stayed on my diet. Then we came home and I went and got Cisco and Matt and I took him on a long walk around the complex and after that talked a long time. Close to midnight before he left. I came in and read for a long time. Then slept late yesterday.

 I was up no time before Jonathan and I went out and did a few things. I had to return my books to the library so we went to one closer to home. It was a really nice little library. They had the book I was looking for and they ordered the other 2 for me. I will be finished with my book probably today that I am reading and will be able to start the new one.
 We had a good time looking around. Jonathan found the series that he has been looking for but they only had book 2 and 3 in so he didn't get anything. He said it was just as well as he has a busy week ahead of him.

 After that we stopped at my favorite dollar store and I ran in to get a couple of pairs of reading glasses. I am going to have to talk to my eye doctor when I go in next. The prescription glasses are becoming weak so it is time for a new pair. I only use these for the computer mostly and doing things I need to see up close. Except for reading. I cannot see well to read out of these.  I use them at the computer tho but my vision is changing.
 At the dollar store I picked up a package of Benadryl. I have had allergies or a slight cold or something. The sniffles. I took one and we made a couple of stops and came home. I told Jonathan I was going to read. I fell straight to sleep.
 I don't know who turned off my bedside lamp but someone did and Cisco was cuddled against me when I got up so apparently he was with me.

 Jonathan did take me out for an early dinner after the stop for the glasses. I had chicken breast and steamed leeks and a salad. I had the dressing on the side so I just dipped my fork into the side dressing and then into my salad. That is a trick my diabetic coach taught me so I have done it for years now. That way I am not getting my salad all swamped and soggy and I am not getting all the bad stuff.

 Today I plan to address all of my Christmas cards and get them ready to mail. I have a few that need to go out of the country so I will go to the post office to mail those out. I also splurged on a pair of ear buds.
 With Karyn working here all of the time I really need them for when I am on the phone or computer. The kids keep swiping mine so I found a brand that I really like. With my points from the Walgreen's pharmacy I only paid $4.99 for them. I can't beat that. I still have my Frogz. They are my favorite but they don't carry this brand anymore so I went with the next best thing. Anyway I have used all of my points. I have bought Christmas presents through out the year with them. I have a dollar on my card and they will expire on the last day of this month. So I bought those with my points and a box of Christmas cards and a small box of candy for a gift.
 I also got all of the kids ear buds for Christmas too. But I did that thru the months as I shopped for this one and that one. We won't have a big Christmas but there will be some gifts for each of the kids from me. Socks, boxed sets of cologne, body wash and deodorant for the boys. For Karyn I have a box of her favorite chocolates, a pair of leg warmers and some girly stuff. Then of course the ear buds for them all.
 And only 3 gifts left to buy. I will probably wrap the last of it today. I need to go down to the office to do it and I might do that today since Karyn might be working from here and I can exercise a bit and have fun too. The office has a wrapping station for residents. It is so cool. They have bags and tissues, boxes and tape and several different types of paper. I love going to the office. I might even take my swim suit and sit in the spa for a while. It will if nothing else, help my neck and shoulders.

 I received from Patsy for my birthday a set of books I had been wanting by Nora Roberts. They are called The Cousins O'Dwyer Trilogy. Book one was The Dark Witch, Book two Shadow Spell and Book three is Blood Magick.
 They are all good and I would have finished them all by now but the eye injections wont allow me to do it. I have my next one day after tomorrow, Wednesday the 6th, so I won't be online for a few days.

 I guess that wraps it up for me today. I hope that everyone has a great week. I will be back tomorrow   and Wednesday morning. My eye appointment is not until the afternoon and then it will be a few days until I am back.... Have a great day to all... BB




3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have been having some super time with your kids. This is great!! I have some 3.00 glasses. If you can use them, I'll send them to you.

    You did good at the restaurant! I'm proud of you. I think you'll do just fine on your new diet.

    Today I have to look for the string of lights that I bought for my porch. If I find them, maybe Joe will put them up for me. We'll see.

    Now I'm off to do my blog. Pogo sends woofs and a big lick for Cisco. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love the scrap layout of Pogo its great.
    The scenic route sounds lovely I could just see it in my mind as I read your words We dont get the beautiful colour changes on the tree like you do
    Strange I was saying about points on my blog then read you spent yours lol
    take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I love the points.... Thank you for stopping by and seeing Master Pogo. Isn't he a doll? In person he is just the sweetest thing. I love cuddling with him...

    ReplyDelete