Wednesday, December 13, 2017

I like Wednesdays (Most Of The Time)



 Hi everyone,
 This is my great niece Alissa. She is a huge Texas Long Horn fan and I love these photos of her. They were taken several years ago in her back yard. Her mom took pictures of her so I scrapped them.


 This is her now, this past Valentines Day. She looks so much like her mama in this picture. She is the one that was in the bad motorcycle wreck with her dad Daniel. She is doing really well and they are working on restoring that beautiful smile.

 Normally my sister Susie puts on this huge Christmas party every year. She cooks and cooks and cooks and we all clean and clean and clean. This year she decided that she is not cooking and using her good dishes. We are doing paper plates and plastic utensils and cups and napkins and it is Pot Luck... no fuss. This is a time that we are just going to enjoy each other as a family.

 My nephew always asks me to make my Frito Salad for holidays, but this year I am just going to get one of those huge Stouffer Lasagna's and let it thaw the night before and when we get to her house I can toss it in the oven along with some garlic bread.

 It will have plenty of time to thaw as it will be a 4 hour drive. Just Matthew and I are going. She wants us to spend the night but we are just going to leave here early and leave around 6:00 pm or so because Matt needs a day to do some things on Sunday before he has to go to work again on Monday. I am really looking forward to going. I have missed the last 3 years so I am excited about seeing all of my family. And I hope all of my pictures turn out.

 I really need to invest in a camera. It doesn't have to be fancy but something better than what I have now. But right now all my extra money (yeah haha) is being saved for Florida. I want to be able to get some new things while I am there. I really loved the flea markets last year. So I want to make sure that I have a little money set aside for a few things.

 The last time that I saw most of  my family was at my brother's funeral so it was not a joyful occasion. And of course not everyone brought the kids. I know that someone in the family will bring Alissa and Kennah with them. I don't think that the girls parents will make it. Their dad Daniel, his father passed away on Monday unexpectedly so they may have to be with his family. We don't know yet what plans have been made.

 I had a very sleepless night last night. I ended up at 10:00 pm taking a shower. I just felt so sticky and so hot. I made some chamomile tea with lavender and that helped to relax me and I was able to rest some.
 I did look at my phone for the news to see who won the Alabama Senate race. I am not saying I am a democrat or a republican as good people work hard on both sides and I usually choose who I think is the best person for the job. Anyway I was glad to see Doug Jones win. I know that it is a blow to President Trump, but Roy Moore gave me the creeps. I usually don't post anything political on my blog but today is an exception. Not that I have a say as I am not from Alabama!

 Well I guess this wraps it up for me today. I have a few things that I need to do and I better get started on that. Have a awesome day to all...  BB





4 comments:

  1. What a lovely scrap page. Gosh, the kids really do grow up so fast, don't they? When our children are small, we think that time just drags on forever. But when we get older, we sometimes wish time had taken a bit longer. Go figure!

    It's good that you will be able to be with your sister for a while this Christmas. I feel so bad for the other children and their loss.

    Well, today the house is warm again. The heat finally started making its way out to me and Pogo last evening. Ooooo, it feels so good!

    I thought I might go shopping this morning, but I slept late instead so maybe I'll make new plans for today.

    Pogo sends woofs and a big lick for Cisco. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edna, I am so glad that the heat is finally working and getting you warm. I know that it is bitterly cold.
      I am glad that barring nothing happens between now and Saturday that I will get to be with my sisters and their families this year. I am really looking forward to it.
      You sounded very tired last night so I am glad to know that you were able to sleep in. Rest is good. I am going thru one of my not sleeping again stages. I am tired but I am trying to avoid the naps in hopes I can sleep tonight. Just one good nights rest would feel awesome. You have a wonderful day as well my friend.. Hugs to you and Pogo. xxx

      Delete
  2. Love your scrapbook layout of Alissa glad shes doing ok after the accident.
    its going to be a long day for you with 4 hours each way but hope you will have a wonderful time with the family. hope you sleep better tonight take care x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Yes it will be a long day but we have to stop off at another sister's house and drop some things off there and that is a halfway point. Her and her husband are not at home. They are on a cruise to Peru and Chile but they will be home the 21st, in time for Christmas.
    Thank you for liking my scrap page of Alissa. She and her dad were in a terrible motorcycle accident and she lost some of her teeth but thankfully she was alright. Her dad Daniel wasn't so much. He had to be care flighted to a hospital a couple of hours away but he is doing really well too physically and able to go back to work. It is sad tho as his father passed away on Monday so he is naturally distraught over that.
    You take care too. I am off to read your blog next... Hugs my friend... xx

    ReplyDelete