Monday, June 26, 2017

Happy Days


Hello,

 How is everyone?  I am doing well I guess. I will have to finish this later. Something came up.... dang it.

 This is a page I made for my friend Debbie for her Anniversary today... Happy Anniversary Debbie to you and your hubby!

 This is an update. I had to stop and take care of a couple of things and I guarantee something else will pop up before I end up finishing this post.

 I took Saturday off from the computer and most of yesterday as well, so I have been wanting to update, to tell the truth there just isn't much going on that I have to tell. I know that my life is really boring for the most part so that is one of the reasons such big gaps lately and if not anything going on then I am running back and forth from dentist to doctor and it drains me.

 Still I do have some news to share.... I have wanted for a long time to have a cast iron skillet.... Yes... I finally got one, and it is already seasoned too. Thank You Joe and Karyn for this skillet... And of course I had to cook something... so I did...


 This is the first batch of Fried Potatoes... I did these in round, like chips because one of our favorites is Fried Potato Sandwiches....


 As you can see the first ones are done but we nibbled on them haha... so that is why there are so few on the plate and they were sooooo good. Jonathan and I had a very nice treat. I am thinking of an apple or peach cobbler for the next food project. Of course I will cook some other things too. It is deep enough to cook a chicken in or a chicken fried steak or something frozen.
 I have always loved cast iron. My ex husband bought me a set that I loved. It even had a dutch oven and 4 different sized skillets and a huge kettle. He tossed a fit when we separated and wanted the set back so I gave it back to him. Broke my heart but the man was causing me so much misery that if I could keep the fight down I gave him the damn cast iron back.
 Later on I got a few other pieces here and there but then the flood came and they rusted in the flood waters. I cleaned them and seasoned them and then while I was having surgery someone vandalized my house while I was in the hospital and took them.
 So for years I have wanted a cast iron skillet and Joe somehow got this one and has spent a long time seasoning it for me. So I was and still am very happy for the gift.

 Right now I am on the phone on hold with the pharmacy to check on my medication.... It was supposed to have been electronically filled today but she was going to send it in Friday.... Said I could probably pick it up yesterday. The pharmacy has said it has not arrived yet. I have been hurting since yesterday. I hate it when things like this happens. I try to be extra careful not to run out but sometimes I don't have a choice. It is just super aggravating for me. Always something I swear.

 Oh My Gosh, Someone actually helped me!!!! My medication is being submitted in the next half hour... How about that!!!???? What do you want to bet that it isn't? There will be some kind of delay I bet. Nothing like this ever goes smoothly for me.

 On Saturday Karyn came over early and said that they were having a pool party here at our resident pool.. I made a mental note to go and promptly forgot about it. It was an Hawaiian theme with BBQ sandwiches, potato salad, cole slaw and chips, dips, and drinks and live music with dancing and raffles and prizes.... My loss... I cannot believe that I forgot.

 But in my defense I have felt really bad this past few days with dental stuff and everything going on here it has just taken a toll on me. Besides it has been so hot and muggy that getting out has been hard for me. I still wanted to go tho.

 I am going to lay down for a while but have a few cute things to share.....


 Ok so this might not be in the best taste but it sure brought me a giggle or two..... Please don't be offended by my little post....


 I can relate.... lol...



  This is Cisco IF I walk out the door minus the tie... that face.... Please don't leave me... yet he has no qualms of deserting me when the boys come home!!
 My Cisco is becoming hard of hearing. The boys call him to go potty and he never hears them but if I sneak to the fridge for a piece of cheese he hears that wrapper.....!!! Selective hearing I guess.


 Who remembers this??? Not sure about other countries but this use to be a BIG HUGE DEAL when I was growing up. It came in different colors. Green, Blue, Yellow and Pink and at one point I think that it even came in clear.

 Well I guess that when Matthew was on the verge of becoming a teenager... 12 or 13 he was really into the hair gel to keep his hair spiked. I told him too bad that he didn't have Dippity-do because it would hold his look into place for days.
 He laughed at me and said I made that up. No such thing... So I thanked the internet and saved this picture and sent it to him on Facebook a couple of years ago and came across it again not long ago. I said.... Right... No such thing eh....

 Ok I am off of here, going to take my rest now. I also have a headache.... Hugs to all and be kind... BB


2 comments:

  1. Those fried potatoes look so yummy! Enjoy them. I used to have a lot of cast iron, but it became too heavy for me to handle so I gave it all away.

    I don't do a lot of fancy cooking nowadays so I only need simple utensils in my kitchen. A fry pan, a pan for cooking pasta, and a small pan to heat things up in.

    Today the weather is superb! Pogo and I are hoping to spend quite a bit of time out on the porch. I think I'll take my crocheting out there.

    Pogo says that Cisco needs a couple extra big licks today. haha. You have a great day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those potatoes look yummie! I love fried potatoes.
    The only thing about cast iron is that it is so heavy. So we only have other kind of pans, with tefal lining for frying pans and just simple pans for cooking potatoes or veggies.
    Pity you forgot about the pool party. But okay, you weren;t feeling all too good, so there will be one another day, perhaps.
    Today not very good weather here. Very cloudy, some rain, windy and only temps of about 19C. Not good for summertime!
    But next week it should be better again.
    Hope you will have a good week and will feel better, with no tooth pain, or headache or whatever!
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete