Thursday, June 15, 2017

Dental Work Is Still Painful In 2017


 Hi Everyone,

 This is the page that I made for Karyn last year for her Birthday....


 And this is the one that I made for her this year.  My girl loves the ocean!

 So yesterday was my big day to getting teeth removed. Going over the preliminary medical history and so on I was told that I had a credit so I could possibly have up to 4 teeth pulled. Imagine my excitement, but the oral surgeon quickly put an end to that thought.
 He said that me being a diabetic no way was he going to leave a gap span of 4 teeth as it was dangerous and would never heal properly.
 It didn't matter in the end anyway because my blood pressure spiked a bit and they got out the second one and stopped, just as he had intended to do.
 I am sure it was due to the pain because the second one he attempted was embedded pretty far down and due to the infection in my mouth it hurt more. Bless his heart,  he really tried to make me as comfortable as possible.
 And even better news is that I will continue to see him. I don't have to see who is on call and not get stuck with the one that rushed us in and out like cattle. This man took his time and said, "I will take as much time as you need" and he did but DAMN it still HURT!

 In this day and age I would think that they could make it just a bit easier but but there is no escaping the shots that have to go in deep and hurt so bad. Years ago patients with health problems were just admitted to the hospital and all removed at once. They really don't do that anymore. Anyway I have 5 left. There was a piece of a tooth hidden so it had to come out.

 Needless to say I didn't sleep well at all. Nathan gave me some clove oil that really helped and Jonathan went to the drug store to get me gauze but they didn't have the kind that I needed so he got me cotton balls and they are big enough that I can dab the clove oil on and apply to the outside of my gums. Sure did help a lot. But I woke up at 3 hurting and I used the clove oil again instead of taking any more pain meds. It eased me enough that I could sleep. I am still really sore and I know that ice packs are my friend (Smile)....

 It broke my  heart to hear about the fire in London and on top of all the recent tragedy's that they have experienced in the last few months. Then here on our home front we had a shooting in Virginia and another in San Francisco. You know how everyone wants to take away our fire arms? Well I seen an article from a senator this morning that said, "I will be carrying a gun from now on". Hmmm strange how when it effects them, gun laws should be changed so they can protect themselves, It is a touchy issue so I will not go there but it is a sad shame regardless.

 Sorry that this is so short, but I need to take my morning meds and lay back down. Have a great day to all.... BB

4 comments:

  1. Your birthday pages are beautiful. I love the ocean too.

    As for your teeth, I think this is all a money thing between the dentists and the insurance companies. You should have been put in the hospital in the first place, and had all your teeth out. By now, you'd have already had your new ones in place. In my day, one did not have to be sick to be in the hospital. We only needed to have three or more teeth coming out.

    Today I think the dentists and the insurance just play money games. Our health and comfort have nothing to do with their policies.

    I hope you'll be feeling better soon. I was going to call you but I'll wait till at least tomorrow. You get as much rest and sleep as you can.

    We're sending woofs and a big lick for Cisco. You get well my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cisco is sending you and Pogo lots of woof's and kisses. He is being a lazy dog this morning. Nathan put his bed in the living room last night but had to bring it back and with Cisco. He slept most of the night in his bed but continued to get up and sleep with Nathan. Some times he just has to hang out with the guys!
      I agree with the dental. This has been ongoing for a long time and they should have taken them out when I was already in the hospital. We tried to get them to do it but they wouldn't. Talk to you soon. xx Hugs,Beth

      Delete
  2. It is a pity you couldn;t have removed all your teeth at the hospital, or perhaps in two sessions. Would perhaps hurt a bit more, but then it was done with much sooner. Still good that your dentist is taking rather good care of you and taking his time.
    Hope you will feel better soon and that real soon you will be able to get rid of the last teeth and then get a dental real soon that will fit good and quick.
    All those attacks all over the world just aiming to hurt people are terrible. And for what? What will be accomplished by it? Nothing!
    Now time for me to do my blogpost .
    Take good care of your mouth, rince it often with a kind of detergent, to keep infection away!
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyra, it is better today than it has been. Warm Salt Water rinses helped and I turned in the prescription yesterday for an antibiotic rinse that I can use now for 2 weeks. I had to wait 4 or 5 days before I could use it.
      I am heading over to yours and to Edna's blog. Talk to you soon. Hugs, Beth

      Delete