Sunday, April 2, 2017

Stormy Weather


I did this page for my friend Lins Lindsay.... Here is the links below:
Hmmm well forget the links, I can't get them to stay in place. I don't know why! I copy the links, and then go on to my blog and they disappear... how strange!
 Anyway this is such a cute kit to work with. It is called Spring Time In Paris. 

 Hello to everyone on this Stormy Sunday. It has been bad. We have had a tornado on the ground 8 miles from us. I haven't heard any breaking news about it. Karyn called me this morning and told me about it. I thought I was going to have to shut down my computer but the storm has passed us by for now. We are in for some heavy storms today tho. 

 I slept until 10:00 this morning and still feel tired. I feel like I had no sleep at all. I was hoping that I would wake up and have some energy but that is not to be. I see a nap in my future. Oh I am almost done with my latest book from Susan Mallory. It is called "The Girls Of Mischief Bay" and it is really a good book. It has a lot of sadness in it as each of three women face different obstacles. They will prevail tho because they are stronger than they think. 

 News is short here for the most part. Karyn and I went to the bank to deposit some money that she owes me and then went to Chili's for dinner. She had the sampler and I had the turkey sandwich. I had ordered the club with avocado and bacon but when it came it was the turkey and provolone and the girl offered to take it back since she had misunderstood what I wanted. I said oh no, this is just fine. So I enjoyed that. It was really good. Then we each had a Blueberry Pineapple Margarita. Oh yum! It was very good. Her cell phone died and mine was left at home. We hadn't planned to go anywhere but to the bank so I forgot to bring it. Unusual for me as one never knows about emergency's but it worked out. We had a nice meal without our phones constantly going off. Hers more than mine. She gets a lot of work related stuff and we both agreed that it was good that we didn't have to deal with our phones.

 I came home and visited with the boys and we played a game and then I decided that I was going to bed and read. When the words blurred and I kept dropping my book then I knew it was time to turn off the light and roll over and sleep. I must have drifted off really fast as I don't even remember going to sleep. 

 I did clean the kitchen before I went to read. I love my dishwasher. It is a good one. Much better than the brand new one that I had at the other place. It has more water pressure and the cycle is not so long. I continue to hope that it stays in good working order. The kitchen took less than 15 minutes to clean. I made my coffee for the next day so that I could just turn on the pot when I got up this morning. By the time that I checked outside, went to the bathroom, put a towel down for the leak in our dining room window, my coffee was ready. I didn't even have to wait. I had my cup ready too so all I had to do was pour and enjoy.

 Cisco didn't move all night I don't think. He was still in the same spot when Karyn called me about the tornado. He got up when I got up. Unfortunately the  rain is still coming down hard and he will not go out in it. We have to wait for a break in the rain and wind before he can go outside. It would be nice if we had a covered area, but we don't. 

 I have a few goodies to share today and then I have some scrap pages to do... Have a fabulous day to all...


 Oh this is so me. I love sitting outside with a glass of tea and a cool breeze. We don't have a screen door, but when my kids were little we did. Many great conversations were had on that front porch. I decorated it every season. We had a jigsaw puzzle of the season set on a card table. Even the mailman stopped to put in a piece or two. 
 Sweet tea was a staple in our house but I should just say tea because I didn't add sugar to mine. My kids grew up with sweet tea but slowly they were drinking my unsweetened tea more than they were drinking sweet tea. It varies now. Some add a little sugar and some don't. I love the taste of brisk tea on a hot summer day.


 Does anyone remember post cards like this one or similar?  I actually got this from a free vintage scrapbooking site. My grandmother had stationary like this. And my mom collected post cards and she donated regularly to the Indian school and to the VA and they would always send her post cards and stickers. Mainly of birds. My mama loved birds. She knew all of them. 


 And on this note, I am going to say good bye for today with lots of Bear Hugs... Have a Blessed day and take care of yourself... BB

 

1 comment:

  1. Happy for you that you enjoyed that dinner with Karyn, and without any phone!!! WOW.
    Jan and I are just back from a trip to Heidi's (my friend)old house to take with us a potting table for in the garden and two little chairs.
    It was a bit hard but Jan managed to keep it on the little carrier with wheels, although it wasn;t easy. Glad the distance wasn't much longer!
    I just have a few moments now for commenting it is already late afternoon and I still have a few things to do before I have to start on dinner.
    Energy level here is not sparkling yet, a bit on and off(more on the off than on the on LOL), but there are moments that are good. It moostly is the "starting"something that is the hardest. Once busy, it goes okay for quite a while.
    Hmm, probably it is something age related or weather related or mind related or perhaps all together, hahahahah.
    It will get better, I know that i say that all the time, but it is true. I am already lots better than some weeks ago.
    Sorry you have a leak there. I know all about leaks and they aren;t funny.
    Hope it will be repaired quickly!
    Take care Beth, enjoy the things you do and take the naps you feel you need and all will get better.
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete