Thursday, May 25, 2017

Love Is In The Air And So Is The Heat


 Hi Sending everyone Teddy Bear Love.

 It is so hot and muggy and the heat has really been taxing to a lot of people. I should say it is the humidity as the temps are not that bad but combined with the moist air it is like being wrapped in a heavy wet blanket.
 But on the upside of things, Love is in the air. My great niece is getting married July 15th, and so many of my family and friends have wedding anniversary's coming up. My friend Heather is planning her wedding for September. There is just something about Spring and Summer that makes everything feel better. And a good romantic movie or book doesn't hurt either.

 I hope that all are doing well. I am doing fine, just having a pretty relaxing day spent doing another one of my favorite things and that is reading.
 I am really enjoying this book. The Witness by Nora Roberts. I just love her books. I have always enjoyed reading her work and I also enjoy reading her blog. She is just so down to earth and even tho she makes tons of money with her books, it is not something that she flaunts. She cleans her house, does her gardening, bakes bread, spends time with her family and loves her dogs. She writes about real things in real life and when she does have special events they are awesome events. Anyway I got totally off topic here but as I was saying, I love her books and this one has had me totally glued to the pages. So that is what I have been doing. But as all good things, sometimes I have to put the book down and take a break. So I decided to work on my blog for a little while. I just don't have much going on at the moment.

 Need to think of something for dinner but I really don't want to eat anything. I have snacked here and there on a few things. I made some peanut butter and crackers and had an apple to go along with it. I made egg salad and have had some of that on a piece of toast so I am not really hungry.  I am leaving the dinner to the boys. They can decide on what they want.
 Nathan isn't feeling too well anyway. Toothache, stomach has been upset. He got up today and did a few things with a friend but didn't stay out too long before he was back and laid back down. He took something for his head as he has a headache now. I wish he wasn't feeling ill.

 Cisco has become increasingly over protective of Chicki today. Jonathan walked in the door and went over to pet him and he grabbed Chicki and took off. So of course we had to play. I decided to see how much he wanted Chicki and reached for a bone. Now let me tell you, Cisco is SMART.... He in a blink of an eye rushed to his bed and put Chicki down and I expected him to come back for the bone, which he did and grabbed it before he rushed over to Chicki, grabbed him by the leg and buried his bone under Chicki and Baby and laid down on top of them both and looked at me like... Hmmm I got the bone and the babies, what are you going to do about it?
 I know that I talk about Cisco a lot but he is a big part of my world. He is loving and I am delighted that I can love him back. I am a lucky lady.

 Well I am getting pretty anxious to get back to my book so I am going to close for now. I am sorry that this is so short. Hopefully I will have a better blog post next time... BB

2 comments:

  1. Talk all you want about Cisco. I love hearing about his antics. It does my heart good to see doggies being spoiled and loved.

    It's sad that Nathan isn't feeling so good. Will his insurance allow him to go to the dentist and have that bad tooth taken care of? Gosh, I hope so.

    I used to read a lot. I loved all of Nora Roberts books. She was one of my favorite authors. I'm off to make lunch for Pogo and me, so enjoy your book!

    Pogo sends woofs and a big lick for Cisco. You have a super day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cisco is really smart to quickly get his bone and bring it to his bed and put it onder Chicky and Baby and then lay down on top of them LOL! Yeah, our pets sometimes are much smarter than we think.
    Sorry to hear about nathan now with his problems of both the tooth, stomach and his job. His noss is quite hard on him! Hope it soon will be better with Nathan and perhaps he will be able to find another job, a bit nearer ? May be something to try.
    I loved reading but now I almost don;t do it anymore. Don;t know really why that happened. Perhaps one day I will be able to read some great books again. I think I first need new spectacles, but my health insurance isn;t paying anything for it, so for now I will have to wait a bit, cannot really afford them. The ones I have now are still good enough for every day use, as to say, but i notice need better ones for reading. I don;t mind for now, have lots to watch on tv and during the day time passes so quick with other things, not really much time left to read. and if i do so, get very sleepy after a while, yes, really! And that might be good at night, i bed, but during the day it isn't.
    Don;t worry about this, dear, it isn;t a big issue at the moment.
    Okay, now time for me to try to make a post on my blog.
    Have a wonderful day, (think about eating regularly something! at least try to do so)
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete