Wednesday, May 17, 2017

A Bit Of Good Bad And The Really Ugly


The Courtyard, a place where all is welcome to come and sit and have a laugh or two. I am really enjoying this kit. It has everything in it that I love.

 Hello,
 It has been a week so I thought that I needed to do a quick update. I had planned on it last night but I ended up making this page and by the time I did that, caught up on some blog reading I was falling asleep. But when I got into bed, Cisco wanted to snuggle and kissy kissy so that is what we did. What a joy to know that he was feeling a bit better. He hasn't wanted anyone to touch him the past few days. So it didn't matter if I couldn't sleep as long as my fur baby wanted his mama well he came first.
 I have a man that I play Words With Friends with and he has 2 dogs. He said last night Wow you sure take good care of him. I said Of Course. I know that he takes really good care of his dogs too because he is like me, talks about them all of the time and loves them to bits.... so he understands that Cisco is not a dog. He is a family member and he is my baby.

The news that Cisco is feeling much better is my good news!!!! Here is the Bad.... My fridge is sometimes dumping water from up top. It is coming from the ice maker. We have a towel in the bottom of the fridge and another one on the floor. I know that there is a way to turn off the water but when we pulled out the fridge we didn't find the connection. Anyway I HOPE that they will get out here today and fix it.

 Now for the Really Ugly...
 As you know I went to the library the other day. I got 2 books. I am reading one of them and.....The book is infested with some kind of bugs. They look to be a cross between a roach and a bed bug! Which tells me that this particular library has an infestation of some kind.
 So I called and they brushed me off.  They Brushed it OFF.. said well we can't be responsible for what kind of bugs that our books have since they are at the disposable of so many people.
 I said... that is not what I am saying. I am letting you know that your infested and your branch needs to get some kind of pest control out there to spray and check your books.
 The woman said I will be sure to pass on your message.
 What kind of library does that? Anyway I have the books sealed in a plastic bag to return as soon as possible and sitting outside and I am really disappointed as I was really enjoying my book. I am very disgusted. Anyway I yelled for Nathan to help me get rid of it as Cisco was laying on my legs at the time and I said what is it? A roach?  A Bedbug? He said I am not sure, it looks like it can be either one. So now I have to take the books back and I have to be put on for the next pest control to come out and spray my house....
 So to make a long story short I am not getting any more books from there. I have never in all my years ran into this kind of a problem. I have never ever turned a page to find bugs on my pages. And I sure am not going to live with bugs of any kind.

 So there you have it. Now on to other news. Not much to tell. It is hot and it is muggy and we did have some rain. I took Cisco out to potty and we have a lot of rain puddles out there and the grass is wet. I wore my flip flop sandals and Cisco and I both got our paws wet lol.

 Karyn just stopped over to see if I had anything for nausea. She has a migraine and was wearing dark glasses so her head is throbbing but she has to go into work because she as a defense hearing  and it is downtown. She really suffers from these migraines.  All I could give her was some pepto bismal chew able tablets. Not that is going to really help but all that I had. She needs to call her doctor to get a prescription refill on her medication for nausea, other wise I see a trip into the clinic for fluids and a shot. She is just reluctant to take off work because they are so short staffed and our Governor put up a hiring freeze until sometime in August and may extend it. So he is really  making it hard on an already short handed staff.

 Well I guess this just about wraps up my blog for today. I have a couple of pages to share and will look into my internet goody folder to see if I can find something fun or interesting to share.


Our newest little donkey. A little girl... She was born April 12th in the early morning. She is a silver gray and the other one is a dark brown if you remember. We are proud to have her.


 Now I don't know about you but I think that this is adorable. Isn't it sweet that cats like their toys too? I am an animal lover.  Cats and dogs, and have had my share of both. I would love to have a kitten but Cisco says NO to that and so does Jonathan. But it still makes my heart go pitty pat to see a photo like this one.


Wow would you look at this beautiful "Cake" yes it is a cake. This is such a piece of art I would never want to cut into it. The detail is so beautiful. I read the article a few years ago but have forgotten how many hours of work went into this detailed cake but it wasn't as much as I thought that it would have been. If I had been doing it the cake would not have been edible by the time that it was finished!


My niece had a rant the other day on Facebook. This was her son's lunch at school. No wonder her kids come home starving. She is packing them a lunch now for the last few weeks of school. I remember our school lunches and they were delicious. Seriously how is a child suppose to concentrate on his or her studies when they are hungry? Another mom posted a picture of her child's lunch as well and it was the same except it had a carton of milk. This one didn't even have milk. I would have been on a rant too and have at certain times. We paid for our kids to have lunch. This is not lunch.


 This is the last I will be sharing today. My stash is getting low so I am going to have to find some more good stuff to share. These are for a Bride to give at her Bridal Shower or a gift. It is a do it yourself project and I think that they are adorable.

 Guess I will close for now and have some lunch. Have a fantastic day to everyone.... BB




2 comments:

  1. What a pretty layout. What kit did you use? I hope your water leak gets fixed really soon. As for those lunches, there must be something the parents can do about it. Maybe take a photo of the lunch and send it to the newspapers? That might rustle up a few better lunches.

    I'm waiting for DIL to arrive or at least call and say she won't be coming. If I don't hear from her pretty soon, I'm going to make something to eat for myself and Pogo.

    I was really hoping to work out on the porch today with my plants, but it has been too hot. Quite a change in temps. We go from raw and damp to hot and hard to breath. Crazy!

    Pogo sends woofs and a lick for Cisco. You have a super evening. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How aweful to have your fridge leaking. Not the best thing that can happen. ope it can be fixed.
    And then that story about the library!How scary is that? I understand you are not taking anymore books from them, but do you have another possibility to lend books ind the surroundings?
    Perhaps it was just a one-off accident, but the lady of the library could have reacted a bit different.
    Could you send a bit of your warm weather to us? We could do with a 3-5 degrees more LOL!
    Time to make some coffee and wake Jan and then I will try to rustle up a blogpost.
    Take care have a lovely day,
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete