Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Wednesday It Is


 Hi Everyone,
 A page of my daughter when she and I went out to Jason's Deli last week. I was complaining I never get pictures of my kids and she begrudgingly let me snap this one. Not a full smile, more of a smirk but I will take it! This kit is from my friend Rosie called Shabby Blue.

 I really don't have much to tell. I was getting over the flu and then ended up in the hospital with a really bad kidney infection and UTI. It was a bit concerning as I only have one kidney and the bacteria could do damage to my kidney. Anyway I have been feeling better. I was up longer yesterday than I have been since Florida.

 I really miss Florida, and Edna and Pogo. It was just so relaxing, except poor Edna got dreadfully sick. But she is such a trooper! I wish I had her spunk and personality. Even sick she was so sweet. And Pogo, what a love bug he is. I enjoyed kisses and cuddles. That just melts my heart. I love it when Cisco gives me kisses too.
 I was telling Edna last night that the orange puppy that we call Baby is seeing final days. But for him to have it as long as he has is a miracle. Normally he destroys them in minutes... But for some reason he has taken a liking to this one and treated it so differently.

 We have had some bad rain storms, severe ones to hit Texas. I either was so tired that I didn't hear them come thru on our end or they missed our part of the city, but my friend Rosie posted this morning on the thread that she didn't sleep at all last night by the tornado sirens going off and the storm which she said was very scary. I haven't looked at the news yet this morning. but the radar looked so scary last night. A lot of dark reds and purples. It was a long night for the weather people I am sure and a scary night for everyone. Oklahoma got hit bad too. Probably worse than we did. But this is spring. The cold air and the hot muggy humidity air is to be expected here in our area for these super cells to form.

 There really isn't a lot going on for me right now. I am working on two projects. The afghan for Karyn and the scarf. I have been trying to color some but my hands shake a lot sometimes and if I am not sitting at the table I cannot get into the right lines, and I haven't felt up to sitting up for too long. I took a long break from the computer. Not because I wanted to so much as I just didn't have the energy to go online. Or even to scrap any pages. Maybe I will try today to work on something. It just depends on how I feel a bit later on.

 Well I am sad to say that I think a couple of my plants are doomed. My living Christmas tree is not faring well at all and my other plant.... Well I guess I could try cutting the dead off and see what happens. The Christmas Cactus and my Ivy is growing out of this world. In September I will put it in my closet or in my bathroom for a month. It has to have complete darkness for a month and then the cooler temps will pop it into it's blooming period. I am going to get a couple more this year and one for Karyn. She and Joe just loved mine last year. I might get them two. A pink and purple.

 Oh guess who is ready for his bed? Yep Cisco has just stuck his head in the door and trotted in, He sat at my feet then looked at the bed. Little stinker. I put him in bed and watched as he rolled and stretched and circled around. He is now comfy under the covers. I heard him sigh.... Silly dog brings smiles and chuckles all the time!

 I have a few goodies to share and then I am off here for some late breakfast and early lunch. I got these from the internet... Enjoy.


LOL.... Yep that would not be a good thing. Some times a glass of wine is just the trick to staying sane!


 Aren't they precious? I miss seeing our raccoons. One thing about our other place vs this one is that we had such a great opportunity to see and enjoy the beautiful flora and wildlife. Here where I am at it is just the interstate and a few trees.
 Oh I didn't share that the other night I finally got to see the bats make their nightly exodus from the bridges. It was the night that Jon carried me to the hospital. I was speechless as it was one of the most awesome sites. Jon said... 5 minutes earlier or 5 minutes later we would have missed them. So we were at the right place at the right time for sure...


 I don't know if this was photo shopped or not, but I thought that it was just too beautiful not to share. Isn't that gorgeous? I call it The Beauty and The Beast! If it is an actual photo then someone else was in the right place at the right time!



This is my final for today. Have an awesome day and be blessed! BB

2 comments:

  1. Here's hoping we are at the beginning of the healing path. I know what you mean about Cisco always giving you smiles and giggles. That's what Pogo does for me too. We are so blessed to have these precious puppies.

    Today my little guy is eating food. Yeahhhh! He even turned down scrambled eggs for a plate of doggie food. Wow!

    DIL Janet won't be coming over tonight. It's her birthday so she'll come over tomorrow night. Tonight her hubby is cooking her favorite dinner. Oh to be young and in love.

    I've just finished the left overs from last night's supper for my lunch. Yum Yum. Now I think I'll try for a little nap.

    I love the pictures you shared. Especially that last one. Your scrap page is beautiful. Your daughter is lovely. We are very lucky, my friend, to have such awesome kids who take very good care of us.

    On that note, I'm off to my nap. Give Cisco a big hug from Pogo. You have a super day, hugs,
    Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you slowly are feeling somewhat better. You just have to take it in little steps.
    I really liked to have seen the bats. You were lucky to be there at the right time!
    I did a bit gardening, not very much but lanted out some seedlings in a bigger pot and some in the garden, but we still have lots of little ones that have to grow a bit more first, before they are ready for the "big life" LOL.
    It might help to cut down your plant, we have done that to several too and long time they seemd really dead and gone, but some or them show some life again by producing tiny little new leaves!
    Take it easy, Beth, take your naps when you feel to it and slowly you will be better and bbetter!
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete