Monday, March 20, 2017

I Hate Waiting!




 Happy Birthday to Jenny and Happy Anniversary to Jenny and her Hubby! I hope that they had an awesome day. I never thought of being married on my birthday.
 My divorce was final on my birthday and to me that was one of the greatest birthdays EVER!!!!

 On to other news....

 I will begin with an update on my grandson Adrian.

 Well we have a lot to be thankful for. Adrian is up and walking. They started him on a liquid diet but he didn't really want any of it after he got it. I can't say that I blame him. After going so long without food your body just naturally doesn't want it anymore. Laurie posted that he might get a real breakfast tray this morning.

 It is a little concerning for me. First of all I am afraid that the food might make him sick and come back up. But they need to see if he can keep food down or if there is any more problems there. So good news that they are at least attempting to see what he can tolerate.
 Today is day 11 that he has been enduring this horrid illness.

 He has been up and walking. YAY! the bad news is that he has contaminated the entire 5th floor! It seems my little man also had not one but two viral respiratory infections. They moved him to a private room which they should have done so to begin with, but instead had him in with newborn babies and of course they have been exposed to the virus's as well. Anyway they confined him to his room but after a while they said, you know we are all exposed anyway, let's just mask him up and get him walking.
 The fever has come back. I haven't gotten a check in call today. I really don't want to call them because I know that sleep is hard for all of them. I know that the phone going on and off wakes them up if they are lucky enough to get any sleep. Laurie can't turn her phone off in case David's family needs to get in touch with them with Cathy and Adrian and the phone in the room doesn't work. You can make outgoing calls but not incoming. And the nurses will not come and get you if you have a call coming in to the nurses station. The best they will do is give you a message IF they think about it.

 This hospital is really a very strange one for me to understand. I know that Children's Hospital is supposed to be one of the best. Maybe it is but so far I have not been pleased with them. They have lousy social workers who will not help Laurie with meal vouchers, or validating parking which is $10.00 a day. Even tho they have excellent insurance it will not pick up everything and they have day to day expenses.
 My family has been phenomenal in gathering money and sent it to them. It wasn't much but they are very grateful and they are using it is sparingly as possible. It was hard to find a Western Union for it to be picked up. They were supposed to have had one at the store across the street. Laurie walked over there so she didn't have to pay for parking again, only to be told that they didn't have one. She told them that she will be calling in a complaint because they are listed as having a Western Union and that is why she advised the family to send it to Western Union and that they need to take down the ad and take it off line since she knows so many other people at hospitals that need access to be able to get money in time of need. In the end she ended up spending an additional $20.00 for parking yesterday.
 And they also told her that they will only validate parking on the day of discharge! Maybe this is because of it being down town Los Angeles California but in Dallas they validated our parking daily. They also gave me food vouchers and my social worker came daily to help me fill out paper work and to set us up with lodging and care. The one that they set Laurie up with told her that since her family was Military there was no help for her.
 A BIG FAT LIE because I have a friend that works with wounded soldiers and family and you know what... she said that there are programs that they will probably qualify for. So I gathered  up resources and phone numbers and emailed them to her. She can't fill them out as she is just the spouse but David can.
 He is missing work. He was supposed to start a new job, bur right now, he can't leave Laurie alone because they are both taking shifts with Adrian. Laurie had just started her job and now that is over at least for now. Kind of hard to hold your job when your short handed but Adrian and the kids are more important than any thing else right now.
 I do worry about Adrian's fever coming and going. It gets rather high at times and they have to pack him in ice. I also know that he has had some morphine for pain. They really try to limit it and try other pain meds but there comes a time when they say, Ok he has had enough of pain that he is not tolerating the other approaches so they had the nurses to give him some last night.
 I hate waiting on the updates. I want to pick up the phone and call but at the same time I really don't want to bother them if they are able to rest. Rest is healing and he needs to be able to rest so that he can heal.

Thankfully I am not running fever. It seems to have left me for now. I really tried to get over so that I could update my blog, but my energy level is depleted. I am up 5 minutes and down 15. I have a nasty fever blister on the inside of my mouth. And I kept feeling this hard jagged thing in my mouth where they pulled one of the teeth. It just kept getting sharper and sharper so finally I was able to dislodge it with my fingernail. BONE..... a piece of bone had come thru. It's tender but at least not hurting really bad.

 Matthew broke up with Barbara a couple of months ago. I am sure that I blogged about it. Well I will be darn if he didn't show up here with another girl today! I wasn't impolite but I did give him a big fat WTF are you doing look. He said to me in private, she is a friend mom, nothing more. I said Ha, how many times have I heard that one?
 I just have to let my annoyance go with that boy. He is grown and there isn't much that I can say or do or tell him about anything. I just pray that he has a very safe trip to Reno and enjoys the time that he has with his children.

No way that I can make this trip and Karyn is not going either. She has been hit with severe migraines starting Saturday night. She spent all day yesterday throwing up and sick. She will probably have to go in for fluids and  a shot. I seen the pain in her eyes on Saturday. I wasn't surprised to find out that she had started throwing up. I sent her a text message but haven't gotten a reply so she is probably trying to sleep it off.

Well Pete's Dragon has been released on Netflix so that is my plan for tonight. I am going to take a hot shower and crawl into my bed and rest some more and watch a movie. Oh and I am crocheting on Karyn's afghan too. It keeps me busy. The thing is I am so HOT... weather wise and not other wise lol. The blanket is really warm after awhile.

 I seem to have spent a lot of time in bed. But it is really the only thing that is getting me thru this. I have tried my best to do a few things and nothing is working out. I just get so tired but I am also very tired of being in bed too. After time in bed my whole body is sore and stiff and hurts. So I have to move around some. I really hope that this is the last leg of this flu and this time next week I will be zipping around in my old routine.

 Edna is home... I meant to mention that earlier... Gosh what a blessing to have her home so soon. I  have been worried about my friend. Thankfully she is home with her little Pogo and they are both happy! She looks good for someone who has had pneumonia. She got some good care in the hospital and I know that she didn't want to go but it is the best that she did go and they kept her.She is a spunky one so I was not surprised to see her pretty pink cheeks! She was terribly sick. Poor lady, I was concerned for her but feel much better that she has been in for treatment.

 OK food time for us. I am going to try and make dinner. Get it started anyway and then a shower and a movie and if I am lucky I can have some good old fashioned sleep and nothing in the way of drug induced and as always keep my phone near in case I get an update on Adrian tonight. Laurie said that she might not call today if there is no change or anything to report. I will leave them be for now as well and just hope everyone is healing.

 One last quick thing. My friend Sam has a little dog named Bobby. He is the cutest thing. He has been very sick the past 2 weeks. He can't keep food down and I swear some vets just don't care in spite of what they say. Anyway they are doing a surgery tomorrow to find out what is wrong with his stomach.
 Keep Bobby in your thoughts please.... He lives in the UK with a very devoted Mama... Sam I am thinking of you and Bobby tomorrow... well today actually as it is already tomorrow where your at... I will be awaiting for news that all goes well....


 This is his birthday page I did for him. The name of the kit is "A Dogs Day Out" by Lins_Creations. And of course the guest of honor is Bobby. He spent his first birthday at the vets separated from his mommy Sam.

 Hugs to all...... BB

2 comments:

  1. Don't you think it is about time you get some happier news to tell???
    sometimes life bundles all the bad things in one package at on period.
    do so hope soon your life will be a bit brighter, dear.
    Take care.
    Hugs
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I just got caught up with your recent postings. I'm so sorry that Adrian has had to go through so much, but hopefully, now he will be on the mend. I surely hope so. There has been so much sickness these past few weeks, and now we all need a rest from it.

    Pogo and I are doing okay. Every day I try to do something. Just to feel like I'm accomplishing something. It helps. Last evening, I picked up my crocheting again. That's a good sign.

    I must say that I enjoyed your posts. Even with all the sickness, at least you are back at your blog. I was missing your smile.

    It's early, and Pogo and I have had our breakfast, but now I'm getting tired so it's off to my chair for a while to rest.

    You get all the rest you can my friend. Eventually, these nasty sick bugs will have to give up and leave us. I will try to chat with you for a bit later. Pogo sends woofs and a big lick for Cisco. You have a good day, we love you both. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete