Friday, January 27, 2017

Lavender Love


Hello,

 It is a brisk morning here but not too bad considering it is a pretty sunny day. I will take it. No rain, snow, sleet or ice and no fog! It is 48 here with a high of 57. Sweater weather!!

 This page is called Lavender Love made with a kit of the same name from my friend Rosie. I love the purples and pinks of this kit. I probably will not be doing any pages for awhile because I have worn my mouse out and need to get another one. Mine is skipping and this page took me over an hour to do when it should have taken me about 20 minutes.

  So not much is going on here. Matt is home but he will be leaving on Sunday and it looks like he will be out on the road crew for 8 weeks this time around and then he will probably go and see his kids. I just cannot make the trip in the car. It is just too far.

 I am having problems getting my ID. Now they want 2 proofs of residency. My lease should be good enough. They will not take any thing like a personal letter or medical bills or anything like that. Bank Statements and an award letter from SSI will work so that is what I am going to have to do next. I think that I must have tossed my water bill away in the garbage as I cannot find it. It is so aggravating. Word of warning to my American friends. If you get divorced you have to have a certified copy of your divorce papers to prove that you kept your married name and or went back to your married name. Second of all, your birth certificate and your social security card along with 2 proofs of residency.
 I understand that there is a lot of fraud and they are just being extra cautious but good grief, my lease should have worked as proof but they want 2 copies of proof. If you just go to renew your license it is not a big deal. My problem is that I was in the hospital and mine expired. So that is why I have to go thru all of this. I am not sure how it is in other states but here in Texas it is a hassle. It looks like it will be the first of Feb. before I can go and get it done as Matt is leaving today to go and see his dad and they are closed tomorrow. I spent hours yesterday trying to get this taken care of.

 Sleep has been elusive for me. But here is a photo of someone being lazy today.



 I just love our cuddles. I am getting morning kisses! The other night I got up to go to the bathroom and slipped on my shoes and felt something in my shoe. I had Jonathan help me shake out my sheets as Cisco brings all kinds of sand and such in with him in his toenails, then he scratches and it gets in the sheets.
 Anyway I felt something in my shoe and when I got to the bathroom I took my shoe off and shook it and out fell one of Cisco's teeth. I tried to see where it came from but I couldn't find it. Anyway it came out all in one piece. Root and all. So I am so glad because if it had broken off he would have had to go see the doggie dentist.

 I am feeling well. Just tired. My pain meds and my other meds really make me drained but it is to be expected and the blood pressure meds are used to protect my kidney and to bring my heart rate down. It runs extremely high with out the meds. Being tired is just part of it. I should be used to that by now.

 I just stepped outside and there is water pouring from the patio above me. I don't know if they have a leak or if they just washed off their patio. I will keep an eye on it and if it doesn't stop in a half hour or so I will call the office and let them know. Any kind of leak is taken seriously here. Our water is odd. What they do is that they take a total of all water usage and then they divide it among all the tenants in the building. Sort of not fair to the single people in our building that are paying the same amount of money for a family of 4 or 5. As it is our water bill averages a hundred dollars a month and that is without a washer and dryer. I am not sure that we can afford to have one with the rates like this.

 The apartment and the ammenities are wonderful but this place does have some issues. Some that really should be handled a bit differently but are not. All of the apartments here do the community water thing however, so not much chance in that changing. They also add several other fees to the water such as the size of your apartment, one or two baths, trash pick up whether you use the service or not your still billed, sewage is out outrageous and pest control fee. By the time that you add in all the extra fees your twenty dollar water bill is a hundred dollars.

 Oh time for me to get up and moving. I need a shower and some lunch. Take care everyone... Have a great weekend. BB

1 comment:

  1. I guess the nuisance part of providing proof of who we are is the price we pay for a bit of security. I would grumble too, but then I would have to understand it.

    Well, I finally got my plane tickets ordered. I did send you a copy of my itinery. I will be travelling to Fla on Monday instead of Sunday, and going home on Saturday 3/11 in stead of staying till Sunday. All of this saved me about $400.

    Today Pogo and I are just going to be lazy. Maybe I'll start a hat to match one of the scarves. Pogo is eating his doggie food. It's the Blue Buffalo canned doggie food. I've tried slipping in a different brand once in a while, but he won't eat it. So, I'll stick to the Blue B.

    I'll give you a call in a while. Pogo sends Cisco (who by the way looks so angelic sleeping, some woofs and a big lick. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete