Friday, August 25, 2017

Say Hello To Harvey 2017



 Hello Everyone,

 A small scrap page that I did this morning. We have a Hurricane coming in named Harvey. Well he started out slow and usually that is not a good sign as it usually means that they will stall and so somewhere in Texas he will make landfall late tonight or early Saturday morning. On my way home from the doctor I heard he went from a Category 2 to a Category 3. That doesn't really mean much right at this moment because he can go back to a 2 as fast as he became a 3. But also there is the possibility  he can strengthen as well but no one seems to think that he will.

 These pictures were taken yesterday afternoon of the rain bands that were coming in. My son got caught up into the rain storms coming home from work and today I just made it inside my apartment before the bottom fell out and rain came down in sheets. It was a bit windy but no so much as a flicker of a breeze right now.

 We are far enough inland that we will be ok here I am sure. We will have some flooding downtown I am sure, but for the most part living in Hill Country we have plenty of places where we have large canyons and gully's that will allow the water to run into drainage's and into the rivers and lakes. So not too worried for us. San Antonio will be hit much harder than we will be.
 We still took precautions, stocked up our pantry and freezer and have plenty of water and even froze some to keep things cold.
 I do have one worry. My son has to go thru some of the low line areas to get back and forth to work. I am a worrier so I will worry I am sure. But he is off tomorrow so that will be good. Perhaps most of the storm will have passed us by then.

 What a difference a few minutes make. The sun is now peeking out from behind the clouds. I just had to go and take my medications and came in and seen sunlight. I hope that it is not raining tonight when Jonathan and Nathan get home. I worry about them driving on the wet roads.

 My brother in law is in the hospital with cellulitis. It started on his ankle and moved up the leg but he was admitted and IV antibiotics but now his bilirubin is very high. I am very worried as I was just 4 when they got married and he and my sister practically raised me. There is about a 15 year age difference between us so her kids were like my brothers and sister rather than niece and nephews.

 I just took Cisco out since the rain has stopped for now. Do you know that silly dog didn't want his paws wet? I said Now or Never so he went. Then time for a treat. A bone from Pogo and Miss Edna and he thanks you very much as he went and buried it under his blanket just in case he needs a snack for later mind you. He is in his bed all curled around Chickie  Little Boy... Oh that's right, I haven't told you about Little Boy. LB is a gift from Pogo and Edna. A little donkey and he loves him. He is just a lover who sometimes pretends to be a fighter haha.

 I need a nap. I am so sleepy right now so I will close for now and take that nap. I want to watch tv tonight.... Have a great day to all. BB

No comments:

Post a Comment