Monday, August 14, 2017

A Touch Of Wonder



 A Touch Of Wonder. This is a page that I made last night as Karyn was making dinner. I offered my help and was told to "Go And Sit Down". So I did. But now that my computer is in the dining room I was still able to talk to her. So while I was sitting down I decided to do this page. The kit is called Noches by Bella Carribena. I got it on sale from Dreaming with Bella when she was running a sale and only paid .55 cents for it. Beautiful kit. Lots of blues and blacks and silver tones. The image is from a free site.

 I am on hold on the phone as I have been making phone calls all morning. For the most part I have a few numbers to call and waiting on just one more...

 Oh sorry, I finally got off of hold. I should be expecting a packet in the mail with a lot of information on transportation and an application to take to my doctor. Also on a couple of places that offer day outings and numbers to call about dates and times from several other places. Well at least the morning wasn't a time waster.  She also provided me a phone number to call today so I will do that as soon as I finish my blog post.

 I wish that I had some exciting news to tell you but I really don't so I will tell you a story from the series that I am watching. This one is about Crows.

 There is a little girl that receives gifts every day. Not from her friends or parents, no these come from the flock of Crows. She has been feeding them since she was a very small child with the help of her parents. Every day she goes out and fills this huge container full of food for the birds.
 There is a flock, lots of Crows that come to eat and every day she receives a gift from everything from buttons, a piece of hair ribbon, a lot of shiny objects, like an ear ring, or a part of a lost necklace. Crows like shiny things. They are one of the smartest birds on our planet and scientists say that these little gifts are their way of thanking her for feeding them. Isn't that a sweet story?

 My grandmother (as the story was told to me) rescued a baby Crow and she cared for him or her until the bird was well enough to be released. Well according to the story as I was told he/she never left for long.  Always back by dark and was still there when morning came. Most of the time they left windows open especially in the summers and lots of time back in the day some of the windows didn't have screens.
 They began missing certain things around the house but nothing of importance until one day when my grandmother was washing dishes and took off her wedding rings. She had a small bowl that she would put them in when she washed dishes and one night she forgot to put them back on. Well you guessed it. The rings came up missing. They looked everywhere and she was heart broken. They finally decided that she must have forgotten to take them off and they went down the drain with the dish water.
 A few years later they had a roof leak and her husband went into the attic to look at the roof from underneath and spotted a box that held a lot of things. Forks, spoons, knives, Christmas ornaments and my grandmothers wedding rings.

 Crows are hoarders. While some give gifts others tend to keep their treasures. They are known to be loyal to those they bond with. So that is my story for today.
 As I watched the program it brought to mind the day that Karyn and I went to The Hula Hut for lunch. I cannot be sure if the black bird that took up residence close to me was a Black Bird or a Crow as he was rather a big boy.

 Okay I am off of here to make a couple more phone calls and get something for lunch. Have an awesome day my friends and take care... BB

1 comment:

  1. Your layout is lovely. However, I really loved the "Crow" stories. I think it has to be an awesome experience to bond with nature's birds and animals.

    Glad to hear that you are making some progress with your phone calls. Somewhere in all of that information you are gathering, I'm hoping that there is an affordable transportation solution for you.

    Today I did a bit of research on my portable concentrator. It's not the one that I want, but will have to do for the time being. The only way I can get the one I want is to buy it outright. Sad to say, that's a few thousand dollars. I forgot to ask if they have a payment plan. Oh well, I can ask that on my next call to them.

    Pogo is refusing his food today. So I guess if all he needs to survive each day is a couple slices of his turkey treat, then so be it. Maybe when he gets really hungry, he'll eat his food.

    Give Cisco a big hug from us, and you have a super day my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete