Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Presents For Me!


 Hi Everyone,
 My latest scrap page. Never to old to dream. It is fantasy but I was trying to do something for fun. Isn't this a lovely kit? Another beauty from my friend Rosie.. This is called Vintage Lace. It is not a brand new kit but I haven't had a chance to work much with it. None of them really. The image from the internet free site, and the sparkles are mine from a Tiny Turtle kit.

 Well we had some excitement here yesterday. I was doing up the dishes and cleaning the kitchen when there was a loud knock at the door. Nathan answered and dragged in this huge box. I knew that my son Matt said to be on the look out for a package so I asked Nathan, "Is that for Matt"? and he said "Nope it is for Cisco."
 Cisco was already investigating, tail wagging and pawing at the box. We dragged it into the kitchen and I had to take pictures before we opened it. This dog knows that what ever is in that box is for him.


 Investigating!  You can't see the tail wagging here.... Oh noooo... He ran away... Hmmm maybe he wasn't to impressed after all.... Oh wait he is back....


 He had to go and get Baby. He would have grabbed Chicki too but Chicki was up on my bed. So it is time to open the box. Hang on Cisco, let mama get the scissors! Well I had better hurry up and do that pretty fast!


 A Bed... Oh My and look.... grabbed a tennis ball and crawled right in... didn't even wait to see what else was in the box. I can't believe that he took the tennis ball in the floor and not Baby. Awww he really didn't care at that moment. He barely sniffed it before crawling into and settling in.


 I opened the box and he roused up reached in and took a bone. Very delicately. He has such nice manners when he wants to. You can't really see, but he is eating the bone. His first meal in a new bed!! What luxury!!!


 He didn't wait for me to go to bed last night. He grabbed baby and went to bed and slept all night long. Sorry about my shoes but they were there and I was afraid I would wake him up with the camera. Ha! Not a chance!

 The gift box was from Pogo and Miss Edna! He thanks you so much. I actually have my pillows back on my bed now where they belong and Nathan has those old and much needed to be thrown away pillows back in his closet.
 Cisco sends big licks and woofs and Thank You's. You both have made this little man a very happy camper! I am glad that I can share the pictures with you to enjoy!

 There has been some changes with Cisco starting with a new food. Blue Buffalo Brown Rice and Chicken flavor, He seems more satisfied with this brand. We are going to get another bag on the first and we haven't decided if it will be the salmon or the lamb. Jonathan thinks we should stick to one flavor to avoid stomach issues. He might be right. But eating the same food all the time is just boring. I wouldn't like to eat just vanilla ice cream all of the time. Maybe some strawberry or chocolate once in a while hmmm? But Jonathan has a good point. Cisco's system and taste buds are not like ours. But maybe we will get 2 bags and alternate them and see how he does. If he has issues then we will stick to just one flavor.

 Nathan has a nasty toothache. We just watched an interesting video on how to naturally regrow your teeth by eating one egg shell a day and swishing your mouth with comfrey root once a day. Now this article is mainly about regrowing your teeth if you have a cavity or cavities. I am sure that when the tooth is gone and so is the root that this will not help me. Anyway the video is on YouTube. Two things to do tho. Boil the egg shells for 5 minutes or so to kill any yukky bugs, and 2, comfrey root is hard on the liver so you have to be careful with it.
 Did you know that comfrey root is also called knitting bone because it has the ability to knit broken bones back together?
 Ok so that is my lesson for today. Not sure I trust things that are all natural if it is harmful to the liver or other organs! But I watched the video with Nathan.

 My girlfriend Brenda is coming down Saturday morning. She was coming on Friday but she is really the only care giver to her son and she hasn't had a break in 2 years away from him since he was diagnosed with this disease. I can't think of the name of it but years ago it was fatal. Modern medicine has come a long way. It will be awesome to see her again. We have a blast together and she and I have always had a great time.

 Yesterday I talked to one of my longest and dearest friends. I have 2. Vicki and I have known each other since we were 13 or 14 years old. We don't talk much but we stay in touch on Facebook and we play Words With Friends.
 My other longest and dearest friend is Kalena. We met when I was pregnant with Karyn in the winter of 1984. So a lot of years and a lot of memories, kids and marriages and divorces, thru thick and thin. We talked for a long time last night. She goes in on Tuesday at 9:45 for a bilateral mastectomy. She had problems in 1999 and they did just a lumpectomy and this time it has come back as a stage 3 but they said that it is contained in her milk ducts. They suggested another lumpectomy but she said no. Take both breasts.
 Now do you know what I found that was just surreal to me. The doctors cannot suggest a mastectomy. They can give you all of the other options but cannot unless it is the only option left to have a mastectomy. If YOU bring up the subject then they can talk to you about it, but they cannot suggest it.
 Now why the hell NOT????
 So now I know.... I am feeling so scared for her but she is feeling positive. She is a bit anxious as they said that they will release her the next day to go home. She will have a less chance of developing an infection at home rather than in a hospital. We were both a bit worried about pain control. I am hoping that they send her home with something good for the pain. The good news is that her husband is a teacher and he is out for the summer and he will take awesome care of her.

 I am going to run for now. I have boiled eggs for egg salad and I am hungry so it is going to be a delicious brunch for me! I haven't had it in a while so today is a treat for me!
 I am going to see what I have in my goody folder for you today and see if I can brighten up your day with a chuckle or two. I hope that I can find something that I have not shared before.


 Now this sounds like something I should do with my HUMBUG family.... Not that I will but hey it is a thought hee hee....


 Many people will be heading to the beach or are already there!! Lots of beaches have sand sculpture contests. This one won a few years ago and I just love it. I wonder what Willie thought of this???? I have seen some amazing sculptures. Everything from people to Coca-Cola bottles and ships in a bottle. I am always amazed. This is something that I would really enjoy seeing.


 And this one is my final one for today. I do the same for my Cisco, after all, he is a person too... (Smile)......... BB

4 comments:

  1. I love the photos of Cisco. Hmmm, I thought the bed would be a little bigger, but as long as he fits in it that's okay. Pogo and I believe that every doggie deserves to be a happy camper. It's good to see Cisco enjoying his things.

    Isn't it fun to watch how our fur babies know when something is for them? Pogo is the same way with packages. He gets so excited checking them out.

    As for eating eggshells, let me know how you make out. I don't think I'm into it. But if it works, go for it!

    It looks like today will be a quiet day. I'm itching to get back out in my car and do a bit of shopping, but I guess taking it slow will work out better. Yesterday we had such fun, so maybe tomorrow or over the weekend we can do it again.

    Now I'm off to find some fun mischief to get into. Give Cisco a big hug from us. You have a great day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edna,
      No way am I going to even attempt to eat eggshells.... But the video recommended a smoothie with a banana so the grit will be held together with the thickness of a banana. Ummm still not for me! LOL.

      Delete
  2. Wgat a wonderful surprise for Cisco(and you) to receive that doggie bed.
    And that Cisco lied down on it right away and is completely happy with it!
    Real sweet from Edna to send it. She is such a wonderful women.
    Fun you will have your girlfriend around.
    And sorry to hear about your other friend and the operation let's hope all will go fine and that it will stay that way.
    Good, for now I had enough of reading blogs. took me a long time so it will be good for me to do something else. I might sit s=for a moment in the garden(we have lovely weather now) and also I can watch the cycling event Giro d'Italia. a Dutch cyclist is on the nr.1 spot at the moment, but today they have a hard day, they have to do some really steep climbing. So we will see if he hcan hold on to his position.
    Have w onderful day,
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Kyra, I do hope that he was able to hold on to his position in the number one spot. I use to bike ride, not professionally but every summer my boss would shut down the restaurant where we worked and we would go to his summer place. One year a lot of us rode our bikes and camped out on the way to the lake house. We didn't ride back tho. We rode home with others. It was a hard 3 days but it was wonderful. xx

      Delete