Thursday, August 4, 2016

This Week Has Flown By


 Hi Everyone,

 Wow this week has flown by fast. At least during the day. Here at night not so much. My feet and legs hurt so bad that they cramp up and jump around and makes it impossible for me to rest. But last night I did rest. I rested well for the first time in a week.

 I went to see my new Endocrinologist yesterday. My ride transportation picked me up around 9:15 even tho my appointment wasn't until 10:30. They allow an hour in case of traffic accidents and around here traffic in general. It gave me enough time however for us to stop off at a near by McDonald's so that I could get some breakfast and a cup of coffee since I had over slept. I kept hitting the snooze alarm. Perhaps because I didn't fall asleep until almost 5:00 am with my feet hurting as they were.

 The doctor is a woman, and I usually do not care for my women doctors except my Ob/Gyn doctor. But I rely on first impressions and my first impression was... Wow, this woman knows her stuff! Kind and considerate and she took her time asking questions, and in listening to what I had to say. While most doctors allow a paltry 15 or 20 minutes, she gave me a full hour.
 She was under the assumption that my Internal Medicine and Primary Care Doctor was taking more of an active interest in my diabetes and my kidney. The only one that I have left. She agreed that the amount of insulin that I take is on target but not the way that I was giving my self the shots. She said that it was ridiculous for me to be taking 12 shots a day, so she cut those in half. 55 units in one spot and 55 in the other and my regular sliding scale. And she said to do the same at night and she put me on a pill because my body is resistant to the insulin. This new pill will help my cells open up and receive the insulin.
 But I have protein in my urine and should never have protein in my urine, So we are doing a 24 hour urine test where I collect up to 24 hours and she wants to do another test on my kidney. As for the adrenaline glands she is going to take a closer look but she thinks that the tests were a false positive on the cortisol and she said that she will also take a closer look at my body's absorption of Vitamins and Minerals. Considering that I am not retaining Vitamin D is the biggest concern. She said when your body is depleted of that one Vitamin that it can cause fatigue and pain and a general sense of not feeling well. The good news is that I am on a high powered Vitamin D. The bad news is that she has to find out why my body is not retaining it.
 All in all it was a good visit. The office was kind enough to call my transportation for me. The building is really hard to find and way in the back of other facilities, so I had to go out and wait for my ride to pick me up.
 We were at 112 yesterday with the heat index. It was really hot out side but I was afraid that they wouldn't be able to find me so I went out to the parking lot to wait. Bad mistake since the mosquito's like to have eaten me alive. This is the county that had the cases of the Zika Virus and the one case of West Nile. I took a look at each little blood sucker as I killed it. All babies as far as I could tell. But the ride transportation pulled up just as I was ready to find a different office to sit in until they got there. Good thing that I took my walker as I know that I would not have been able to walk that far on my own.

 It was almost 3 when I got home. I was exhausted from the traffic and from the long ride as we had to take another person home and pick another person up before my driver could take me home. I understood that she couldn't take me home, go all the way back across town and pick up another person. I was on the way back North so I told her that was fine. It made a longer day for me but we stopped and got something to drink and we chatted.

 I came home and hit my bed. I needed the time to decompress before Karyn and Jonathan got home anyway so I rested and then the kids got here and they decided on Panda Express for dinner. I cringed at the Chinese food but I ate it expecting my sugar to be thru the roof this morning, but guess what? It was a good number. Perhaps that little pill is going to work for me. I sure hope so.

 I am having to update this as I have forgotten to add a few things.
 First of all yesterday as I was walking out front to meet my transportation, I noticed a big huge tree limb sitting on top of my girlfriends car. I also saw a man walking around taking pictures. He was wearing a name tag and I wanted to ask him why he was taking pictures but my ride showed up just then and I had to go. But I did call her and tell her about the limb on her car.
 We are having heavy tree limbs falling everywhere. I am sure that it is because it is so dry here. Our Crepe Myrtles are fading in color, leaves are falling as if it were Autumn already. I did talk to her last night thru a few text messages. The tree limb did not damage her car so that was a blessing!

 My friend Amanda is having a baby and I if she does not have him by the 8th, they are going to induce her on the 9th. We talked awhile and I told her about the tree limb and the man that I saw walking around taking pictures and she said that when she was on her way to see the doctor a few days ago she saw lots of executive men walking into the front office. She said none of them looked pleased. I know that we have had quiet a few new owners here in the 2 years that I have been here. So I am wondering what is going on around here.  And I am also thinking of the man that was taking several pictures of my friends car with the huge limb sitting on the top of it.

 The neighbors got rid of the couple that was doing all of that fighting. I am so pleased. However I did see the woman back a couple of weeks ago. She too is pregnant. I thought that she was when she was here and that man was slapping her around but not positive. Well I am positive now. She didn't stay long. The man of the house wouldn't let her in. I heard him telling her that she and her other half had almost gotten him and his family evicted and she wasn't putting them back in that position again. She cried but he stood firm and went back inside and shut the door. She knocked a few times still crying but no one came to the door and she finally left. It has been very nice and quiet here since they have left.

 My son Nathan had his birthday August 1st. He turned 25. We didn't do anything special. We asked him what he wanted to do and he said just stay home and chill. So Karyn went and got a box of chicken, cole slaw and mashed potatoes and gravy. No one was hungry they said. Ha... I have never seen a box of chicken disappear as fast as that one did. It was very good and I enjoyed the day of not having to cook.

 The next night I made dinner. Meat Loaf night and no one really ate except Nathan and I. I had everything ready when the kids got home from work but later when I went to make sure that the food got put away, there was hardly anything left. So they did eat, just not at the time that Nathan and I ate dinner. Then Karyn made brownies for Nathan's birthday. They all watched the latest Superman movie and I enjoyed reading my book until Karyn came to bed.

 Karyn and Jonathan will be going back home on the 6th. Joe's mom is scheduled for surgery on the 8th in Dallas and so Karyn took the time off work. She will not be back until the 14th. She is leaving Foxy here with us. Jonathan will spend Saturday night with his dad. Something that he has not done in 15 years. I was surprised to find out that he wouldn't be coming back that night. I was going to go with him because I thought that he would be coming back the same day, but since he is staying overnight I will stay here at home.

 Well I guess this finally is the end of this blog post. I think that I have said all that I have to say for now. It is past time for lunch now so I need to test my sugar and find out where I stand. I am thinking that I will have a cup of Butternut Squash soup. There is a brand that I really like and it is low in carbs and no cholesterol. So that is the plan.

 Today will be busy as I have to make some phone calls and then I have to do some laundry and I really need to clean a bit. I guess I should get started! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. BB

1 comment:

  1. First, your layout is beautiful. Wow, you've been busy. But maybe your insulin woes will get better now. Your new doctor sounds really nice.

    Gosh, you've had a housefull lately. I don't know how you do it. I would go nuts with so many around me. I'm really used to being alone with just my doggie.

    Speaking of doggies, he is sitting here patiently waiting for me to rustle up some supper. So, I'm off. Hopefully we can chat soon. Give Cisco and Roxy hugs and licks from Pogo. You have a great night sleeping. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete