Friday, August 5, 2016

Friday It Is


 Hi Everyone,
 Today I want to share two pages that I did for my friends. The first one is for Samantha. We just call her Sam.
 Sam is such a sweetheart. She sends me emails all the time that are so welcome. It might just be a small email that says "I am thinking of you." or she might make me a gorgeous card. Sam is  a keeper that is for sure.
 She has gone thru the loss of her father recently and still has time to say hello to me. I wish that the miles between us were not so far. But she is in Europe and I am in Texas!

 This next page is for my fellow friend who is from Europe but lives here in Texas. Still the miles between us is far. She lives up by Ft. Worth. One day I hope to get up that way so I can meet her and give her a hug and several.


Rosie is one of a kind. Right now she has the flu and has been ill for several days. But even while being sick, Rosie made me the most beautiful page. She is testing out a new art program. I am not sure what it is all about but she paints. And she paints the most gorgeous paintings. I received an email from Rosie not long ago and she asked me if she could paint something for me. An animal, bird or flower. Well the Cardinal is my favorite bird and I found out that it was also one of her favorites as well. This is the page that she did for me. It is so beautiful. If you click on it you can see the fine detail of the feathers that she applied. Now one little bit of information about Rosie. When she was 18 she had meningitis.She lost the use of one hand and sight in one eye. She also suffers from Fibromyalgia and is in a lot of pain. But her heart is so open even when sick as she is. I love the painting that she did for me.


 Isn't this just gorgeous? Thank You Rosie and Thank You Sam for taking time out to think of me!

 Now on for my rant of the day.... Warning, there might be more than one rant. It is possible.

 The other day while I was at the doctor there was a mom and I am assuming her daughter that came in. I am assuming the girl was in her early teens. Or a in between. I am guessing that she was between 12 and 14.
  In the clinic there were 3 gentlemen, me and another lady. The girl was dressed in a bikini bathing suit and a see thru cover up type shirt that went over the top of her torso but met just below her stomach line.
 Now is it just me or is it totally irresponsible to go anywhere in public dressed this way? People do not seem to regard how they dress these days. I would have been appalled to have my daughter dress like that for an appointment or anywhere else.Even with  swimming I feel that she could have put on shorts and a t-shirt. Two of the Gentlemen were obviously trying not to look at her but the other one actually goggled at the girl. The woman I could tell was as shocked as I was.
 We have men that wear their jeans sagging so low we can actually see their butts! We have women who are grossly over weight trying to wear clothes that are 5 times to small for them, Breasts and Butt hanging out at all angles. We have people that wear pajamas to the grocery store. We have women and teenage girls prancing around half Naked. I don't understand it. Maybe I am old fashioned but I don't care. I am not a prude but some things should be covered up.
 My sister dressed like that when she was grown. I was taking my daddy to the VA Hospital once and she wanted to go with us which was fine. But when my dad saw how she was dressed he refused to get into the car with her dressed as she was. She had on a mini skirt that if she bent over you could see everything and a tank top and boots that came up to the knee with enough fake jewelry that my dad had a fit over. He called her some ugly names and she and he had a blow up. She declared that she was grown and could wear what she wanted to. To make a long story short she did not go with us to the VA, While she was dressed or I should say half dressed, I had on a long broom skirt with a top and a vest. Yes I was probably to covered up but I could never wear clothes like that.

 I won't go into Politics or Religion but I will have to have a go at Social Media. Why does people post such horrible images? Why do they tell their life story and every tragedy that befalls them on Facebook? Twitter? Snap Chat and all the others. I am okay with people asking for prayer when they need it for the bad things that happen in life, but I had to delete a person yesterday because I was just so tired of hearing all of her woes.... All because of a break-up. She married a man and she posted all wonderful pictures and how happy she was and he was the one for her. Not even 2 months she had divorced him and it was a play by play account of what he said, what she did and she would get drunk and post such angry and vulgar posts. I thought... Well I am deleting you because you are not the same person that I knew. And I knew her in real life. I just got tired of seeing a hundred posts a day of how rotten this person was, and then there were several more people in her life that she let loose on. Good Grief. Well she is now one less person that I have to see on my wall. I should have done it a long time ago.
 Another person keeps sending me friend requests. I knew this woman from when she was a little girl. I was friends with her and her mom when she had her first baby. I watched her and her daughter grow up. I don't know what happened in this girls life to make her turn into the woman that she is today, but I do not want her as a fb friend. I keep in touch with several of the people back home that I have heard stories from. I feel a twinge of guilt when I decline the invitation, but she has gone from one abusive relationship to another in the past years that I just cringe. When she talks she is so vulgar that it makes me sick. So I declined her invitation again last night.

 Last rant of the day. Several years ago I was in a relationship with a man who was great to me, but not so great with my kids. Very strict and I come to find out that he was very hard on the kids. Not the girls but the boys, He is in jail now. He is in prison and has no family so I have kept in touch with him over the years.
 He is where he is at because of some very bad decisions and I cannot help him. He badgers me to talk to this judge or that judge or who ever that he thinks that he can get help from. I sent him a letter and told him NO WAY was I going to do any of the things that he asked me. The letter was long and it was not a nice letter. Last night I got a letter from him sent anger shock waves thru me. Of course it was all about him and his woes.
 We all have our own problems but you know we each have a responsibility to do what is right for ourselves and if cutting some of these people from my life is what I have to do then so be it. I sent a letter off this morning that said I would no longer be in contact. You know, it wasn't as hard as I thought that it would be....

  Now if my left leg and foot would just stop hurting. I had a bad accident with my pain pills. My sugar dropped bad one day. I was shaking really bad and hurting. I was taking my morning medications and all of a sudden I began to shake. I dropped the bottle into the sink. Most of my pain pills went down the drain. What didn't go down the drain immediately started melting. I have gone as long as I can without my pain pills. I have 4 left and I have suffered greatly. My pain management doctor will not refill my script until my next appointment. In the mean time I have no options but to just suffer thru this. I cannot go back until the 17th. I am trying not to use the last of my pain pills but I do know one thing. I will never have my medications next to my sink again. I only had them there because it was convenient but have now moved everything to a small table. My hands shake a lot, so that is another reason that I have problems with opening bottles. The sink gave me a place to lean against. I can't believe this has happened and let me tell you Tylenol and Ibuprofen does not help at all. I am up most of the night walking around and trying to rub the pain out. Sometimes it helps but at other times, most of the time I don't have much relief. The pain last night was so bad that I went outside with the Mosquitoes and cried. I didn't want to wake up the rest of the house with me up and down and crying. Finally I gave in and took the pain pill. I will not have enough to last. It is a controlled script so it has to be monitored closely. I am glad of that, but I don't agree with when you have an accident such as I that there is no alternative.

 My son bought me lunch so I am going to go and sit down with him and enjoy. Take care and I hope that your day is good. I hope to try and remember all of my blessings and feel Blessed, even while I am in pain I know that I have a lot to be thankful for. BB

1 comment:

  1. Your layouts are lovely Beth. As for your mini rants, I have to agree with you. Some folks are pretty disgusting to look at nowadays because of the way they dress. They have no shame and no respect for themselves.

    I think your doctor is wrong to withhold your pain meds. Just by looking at your medical records, she should know that you do not abuse your medications.

    Tomorrow I'm going to see Jazzy perform in Annie Jr. Daughter Deanne is there now and says that thankfully the building is air conditioned. Oh joy for that!!

    Pogo and I are going to have a late supper tonight. He never likes to eat at a regular supper time anyway so he won't mind.

    Now I'm off to watch a bit of TV. Give hugs to Cisco and Foxy. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete