Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sweet Daniel. Rest In Peace


 Hello Everyone,

 I know that it has been a while since I have updated my blog. Some things have happened that has kept me away from the computer. Mainly I just needed to rest.
 This is Daniel. Daniel was born with a rare heart defect. He was given to live to the age of 3 but he survived against all odds. He just graduated High School.He is 18. Very smart and very fun loving. Daniel passed away last night.
 The day that I went into the hospital, Daniel was care flighted to UCLA where they discovered that he had a brain tumor. It was inoperable. With his heart defect, the operation would have killed him. They sent him home Monday and said he had anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months.. Daniel lived 4 days and then he went home to be with the Lord. Our hearts are heavy for the loss of this precious young man.
 I never met Daniel, but his sister is the mother of my grand daughter and I have heard stories of Daniel over the years. I know that he was a shining star to everyone that knew him. He loved to make others laugh and he laughed often himself. Sleep in Peace Daniel. You will be missed beyond compare. Your battle here on earth is over, but I can just imagine you making the angels laugh in Heaven.

 I had a blockage in my foot. Pieces of plaque buildup broke off and went to my foot and a blood clot in my left leg as well so that landed me in the hospital for several days. Once home I was not allowed out of bed other than to use the restroom or take a shower. Every once in awhile I could get online on the computer for a little while. I really haven't felt up to doing much. I did a few scrap pages for fun and tonight I did one for one of the designers. I have 3 left to do but will take my time. She never asks for more than 2 but I love her, she is one of my dearest friends so I try to do extra for her as she is so very sweet to me. She checked on me several times a day while I was in the hospital. Even with her time difference she was checking on me. Lins lives in South Africa and deals with such horrible violence that we cannot even imagine. She was born and raised there and will not leave because she would not have a place for her animals and her parents are there.

 I have a few things from the internet that I will share with you and since it is after 2:00 am in the morning I have to go to bed. I just can't seem to sleep tonight. So much on my mind. Matthew is sick, Laurie is pregnant but the pregnancy is not going well. She is cramping and has said several times over the course of the last few weeks that she thinks something is wrong. She is just in her first trimester so she sees the doctor on Friday unless something happens between now and then. It has just been a stressful couple of weeks on my end,


 I am sure that we can all relate to this! I would not object to a few ounces of energy of my grandson Dante.... Whew what a boy! When that child was born, he was born wide awake and has stayed that way. Sleep for him is a miracle! But we love him so we just grin and bear his sleepless nights.



 Isn't this cloud just awesome? It is a peaceful reminder to the ones that I have lost that there is a place for our fur babies. Some call it the Rainbow Bridge. I just know that someday I will be reunited with my sweet fur babies of all kinds. My dogs, my cats, my pet rat, my rabbits, birds and all of the rest that hold a piece of my heart.

This is a card that a friend of mine made for me while I was in the hospital. I didn't expect all the support that I have received from my friends. This is just one of the cards. I have tons more and sweet letters and phone calls. These coming from my online friends. Not one call from my family other than my own children and they called and visited every day. Apparently the one sister that I did ask to contact the rest didn't. And to tell you the truth I didn't feel up to being on the phone much anyway. Let me tell you that they had me on some heavy duty drugs while I was in the hospital. My pain was managed very well and I had excellent care.

 Karyn was not here for very long as her Mother In Law had surgery of her own and she went to offer her assistance back home. I would not have wanted her to be here when she was needed there as I had the boys who took over my care and did an incredible job of it too. They seemed to anticipate my every need. They made sure that I had meals and my medication. Taking a shower was a bit uncomfortable for them, Bless their hearts but they stayed close by in case I needed anything, but I managed on my own there. Jonathan drove me to and from my doctors appointments, picked up prescriptions and called to check on me when he was at work. Nathan cooked and cleaned and I couldn't have asked for better help than they gave me.

 And now I really must go to bed. I am falling asleep here at the computer.... Have a great Sunday everyone.... BB

1 comment:

  1. First, may God bless and watch over your Daniel. Next, I just love that doggie cloud!!

    I think it's just wonderful how your boys have stepped up to take care of you. You and I are very lucky to have such wonderful kids.

    Don't overdo on the PC. It will be there when you are up and around. Hopefully that will be soon. I'll give you a call later today. Give Cisco a big hug from us, and you have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete