Friday, December 15, 2017

It's Friday!!!!



Hi Everyone,
 I know I just posted last night and really haven't been up all that long to have much to say but I have time right now and I will not be here tomorrow to post as we will be at my sister's. I pray that we have a safe trip.

 Can you believe that Christmas is in just ten days? I sort of had Christmas last night. Matthew went to work for an apartment complex and when he is assigned a unit where people have moved out, he has to go in and clean it and make a list of what needs to be done. If there is anything left in the apartment he gets to keep it.

 So he brought me some goodies. Lots of cleaning supplies, a really nice shower shower hanger to hold shampoo's and stuff of that nature. I really needed it too because mine was too small and this one is metal and will not rust. I was happy with it.
 There was a really nice stool and a wooden trash bin that is just right for the bathroom or by my desk or bed. A gorgeous floor lamp, 2 rugs, one for the kitchen and I put the other one by my bed. Brand new. Price tags still on them.
 A nice surge protector card and a plant stand and that is just some of the items but what delighted me most were these canvas paintings of Artisan designs. So pretty and blue. 

 I did have one mishap. In the cleaning supplies was a jar of jewelry cleaner. I had several pieces of jewelry that had tarnished. I cleaned them and I loved the way that they are all nice and shiny now and I plan to wear them. But one of my necklaces, my favorite was not real. The chain was sterling silver, but the heart was silver plated. Well it is in between silver and pink now lol. Matt said "Aww Mom it wasn't real. I should have told you that when I gave it to you". It was a Christmas gift from about 6 years ago. Anyway it isn't that big of a deal as it actually turned out pretty with part of the silver showing, making it look antique.I use to wear it all the time but I took it off when I had to start having a lot of surgery and it started tarnishing. I hung it in the bathroom with my other necklaces. I will wear it now but I plan on wearing my mom's locket tomorrow when we go to my sister's house.

 Cisco got a new toy from Jonathan last night when he stopped for dog food. They had these mix and match toys 2 for $5.00 and he got one for Cisco and put the other in for the animal shelters plus a bag of food. We always contribute to the animal shelters. 
 I think that after I get back from Florida I am going to buy some new towels and I will donate ours to the shelter as they are always needing them. They are not in really bad condition but I would like some new ones for the boys bathroom and for mine as well. 

 When Matt came over last night we picked out Christmas cards to send to Alex and Celeste. He chose a little pug wearing a stocking cap for Alex and a cardinal for Celeste. I chose a Gingerbread house for Celeste and a Santa for Alex. We will get them sent out today. So far no one has gotten their cards from me. It is so aggravating. I know that snail mail can't be this delayed. It makes me think that our postman is not doing his or her job. I mailed them out from the postal center here at the apartment complex. 
 I have only received two cards this year. One from my sister and one from Miss Edna. I use to get so many and now I hardly get any. 

 The dentist office called and my case is in. Problem is I cannot get there today and the next available appointment is 2 weeks away. I have to give the ride transportation 3 days notice and I can't just call on the spur of the moment. It would be great if I could. Jonathan is working on reports and is trying to train 4 new employee's. Karyn is put on case readings right now and can't take time off right now because they are not working any Saturdays for the rest of the month. She is on production. It is mandatory so they have to get it done and have a hard time taking off work to take me. If it is an important visit then they can, but not for minor things at the moment.
 Jon's boss, her mom is at the end of life stage. What they call Twilight. Karyn's boss, her mom is not doing well right now either so they are both doing double duty so to speak. 

 Well I think that I am going to go back to bed. I just cant keep my eyes open at all. 3 cups of coffee later and I am still fighting to stay awake. 
 Have an awesome weekend everyone..  See you on Sunday.... BB

2 comments:

  1. Wow, so glad to hear about all your new goodies. As for the jewelry, you should not be hanging it up anywhere. When you leave your jewelry out exposed to the air, it tarnishes quickly. Have a wonderful day with your sister. Pogo sends woofs and a big lick to Cisco. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth havnt seen you blog all week hope every
    thing is ok just wanted to wish you a very happy Christmas, look after yourself x

    ReplyDelete