Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Updated Dec 28th 2016


Hi Everyone,

 It is Christmas Night here. The day has come and is slowly coming to an end here. It is 7:00 pm and so a few more hours of Christmas and can you believe that 2017 is just around the corner? It just doesn't seem possible that another year has come and gone already.

 No scrap page for today but I came across this image a while back on my Google Plus and I love it. It says so much because we are all connected some way, some how. I love this. I have to stop and grab a bite of dinner and then I will be back....

 December 28th, 2016

 I didn't know that this somehow was published... How strange...  Our internet had to be reset so I thought that I lost it. Odd that it saved it! We have had problems over the last few days with our internet but it looks like perhaps it is fixed now...

 Ohhh so Christmas was really nice. Being with my family  was the number one gift that I received. I wish that all of them could have been with me but it just wasn't possible. But I did get to talk to everyone over the course of the day s0 that make everything even more festive,

 This is me and Foxy Christmas Morning. When Karyn comes thru the door and takes her off her leash she is like a bullet... Racing straight to my room and jumps up on the bed giving me lots of kisses all the time and usually settles down. Christmas morning was no exception. She loves to cuddle with me and Karyn tells her "That's My Mama" and she will sneeze and shake her head as if to disagree...


 That is how my Christmas morning started off and then we headed to the coffee pot. I had a lot of nice gifts and have enjoyed them all.

 This is a charm bracelet from my friend Edna! Oh there was so much ooohs and ahhhs and even a job offer if she is interested lol...


 Isn't that beautiful... among the beads is a fairy, a fairy door, a Celtic type knot, a Christmas tree, a Bat, a Butterfly, A doggie bone, and paws. It is beautiful and I love it. So did my family. They all had to have a look and a big smile.


 Cisco in his sweater from Edna and Pogo and his toy. He is getting ready to go outside and I was lucky to capture this picture. Karyn is taking the toy from Pogo away because he was going to take it outside too!


 This is how he sleeps! The toy is not far away. And of course he has to sleep on top of my robe. He wants my scent close to him always.


 A lovely beaded necklace my friend Joyce made for me. You really cannot tell all of the beautiful colors but it is all the colors of the ocean. I love it. So now I have 2 pieces of jewelry to wear!


 This is a little bigger photo. She beaded for her family and friends this year. I think that this is something that I might be interested in learning how to do. The charm bracelet would be fun to learn as well as the necklace.


 Jellies/Jam from a friend in Essex England. They are from Tiptree and they are just wonderful. We were talking on a thread one day and everyone was talking about Tiptree and I was curious so she sent me a small sample box of my very own. Orange Marmalade, Raspberry and Strawberry. She is into crafts and she made the little box. See the tag? It is attached to a wrap around loop and if you pull the tag it slides off so you can open the box. I think that is super cute!


 And the jellies/jam.... I love them all, but I do believe that the raspberry is my favorite of them all.

 This is just part of my Christmas. It would take me all day to photo the rest. Oh a calendar from Edna that I just love, and such gorgeous pictures. It is going to be a joy to see them every month when I turn to the next month. I was going to wait and not look thru and let each one be a surprise but I can't do that. I am way to excited to see!!! I am glad that I looked at each and everyone of them.
 And a picture frame with my granddaughter Celeste, her mom Courtney and Santa Clause. The frame says I (Heart) Nana.... What a wonderful surprise and also a 32GB memory card for my phone.

 Karyn made a delicious Christmas dinner.  I was banished from the kitchen but was able to sit at the dining table while she chopped and stirred and prepared. I had coffee and phone calls and she and I chatted in between all of the conversations.

 Oh and one of the biggest hits was Kyra's red cabbage and apple and raisin dish. It went so fast that next time we are going to have to make a double batch! We loved it and it went perfect with the ham. We decided to have it often thru the year and not just holidays. Thank You Kyra for the recipe.

 I have heard from friends all over that they had a wonderful Christmas. I was disappointed  that Edna's Christmas box was not delivered to her until after Christmas but she finally got it and that was a relief. I was so afraid that it was lost or delivered to the wrong address or something, but it finally showed up!

 Time for one more cup of coffee and then I am going to clean the kitchen and my bedroom, so everyone have a wonderful day, and be kind to one another.... BB

2 comments:

  1. Such lovely presents! That bracelet Edna made is wonderful!
    But all presents are great, i think And it are presents that are thought over and it isn;t even the presents but the attention and time spend on it that is the real gift.
    Will come back to you later by mail, first want to post on my blog, so that is done with.
    Have a fantastic day
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas Day. It's always nice when family is with you. Your Foxy is such a cutie!! I love your new necklace. The colors are beautiful.

    Maybe when we're in Florida, I can show you how to do the beading and to make a bracelet. This should be fun. There's' a craft shop not too far from my condo. I always make one or two trips to it while I'm there.

    Now I'm off to start putting a few things away. My little living room is getting rather crowded. Give Cisco a big hug and a lick for Pogo. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete