Monday, December 5, 2016

I Am So Lost!


 Hi Everyone,
 I am not sure if I posted this page or not. This is the page that I made for my friend Sue who recently lost her mother a week ago. Sue finds great comfort in Teddy Bears and I hope that this one brought her a bit of joy.

 This post is going to be a short one. I would love to write all night but this girl is exhausted. I was busy over the weekend and I got out and about with my son on Friday night, my daughter Karyn and her husband/boyfriend Joe on Saturday and then Karyn and I went grocery shopping on Sunday.
 Today I had an assessment with a nurse to see about an aide to come in and help me and I didn't qualify because I live with both of my children and I have a daughter near by and they can all help me. True enough. It didn't hurt to try tho. Then there was an insurance mix up because when I switched insurances in June of 2015 I was never unrolled from my previous insurance. What joys I had today dealing with some crazy insurance people.
 Anyway I knew that it would catch up with me finally. And today is the day that it did. I have been mentally and physically drained.

  I found this incredible support group on Facebook  for chronic pain and Fibromyalgia.  It feels so good to be able to talk to people who actually understand some of the things that I go thru and the way that I feel that I don't know how to explain to other people.
 I was really happy that I stumbled upon the group. It was just by accident as I was reading this article and then it had several links and I seen one that said something like, "My Story Of Fibromyalgia" so I decided to read it and the more that I read the more I wanted to read. She had posted some links so I clicked on several of them that led me down another rabbit hole and so I backed out of it and went back to her links and I seen one that said something that caught my eye. It was a support group so I liked the look of the site and joined.
 Now there is a draw back to this site. I chose it because it only had 59 members. It is small enough that you can actually feel a connection to who your talking to but since it is an open group  so far in the last 2 days 20 more people have joined and tonight an announcement of 6 more new members. I really don't want to be a part of a group that has 500 people in it.
 So I will see how this works out. I am glad that the group is open for others that may need it. I am because a lot of people have it a lot worse than I do. I don't have it as bad as a lady that I met at my pain clinic. Oh that poor lady could barely move. Friendly she was so we were able to talk a bit before they called her back. She gave me the name of her support group here in Austin and I requested but it just said that my request is pending and that has been several months ago so I cancelled it.
 My sister says that it is all in my head, that it is just something that doctors say when they don't know what is wrong with you. Some of my friends don't understand and I get to the point that I don't say anything. Why bother when they don't understand. So anyway it is really nice to have this support group.  One thing that I have found. What I was able to do today, I may not be able to do tomorrow. Just because I went shopping this weekend and was able to walk just with my cane instead of my walker does not mean that I can go shopping next weekend. My sister said one time, well your able to do this and this and that so if you could do it then why can't you do it now? I really am tired of people telling me that my pain is in my head. Just because I don't always look sick does not mean that I am not sick. But that is a rant for another day.

 I hope that everyone is getting their holiday shopping done, and that no one is overly stressed because it is one of the most stressful times of the year and really it should just be one of the most joyful.  I didn't let it sneak up on me this year. I did a few things each month. Nothing big but things that are needed for the most part. I know that I may be a little boring there, but I would much rather buy things that people need and I know that they can use than a bunch of stuff that they have no need or use for. Of course if I find something reasonable that I know that they will like then I try and get it. Nathan has been wanting this set of ear buds for a while now. I have them for him for Christmas... That stinker went to Walmart Saturday night and bought himself a pair. Well there goes that surprise but oh well, if the ones he is using breaks he has a back up!

 Cisco wants out of my room. He can't make up his mind if he wants to be with me or Nathan tonight. He better choose soon tho because I am fixing to go to bed. I want to read a little before I go to sleep. It might help me relax. My shoulder and neck have been hurting. More on that a bit later on... Good night to everyone on my side of the Globe... BB

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you feel kind of exhausted today. But even if don;t know exactly what your illness is(I looked it up but very short, have to look into more)but why don't people understand?
    It is a bit the same with my friend She has a lung disease, but that is something that doesn;t show And for now, with medicaton, she still can do a lot of things, but there are periods too, she is quickly exhausted and has to take a lot of rest.
    Things that make you feel miserable, but don't much show from the outside are always difficyult to understand for others.
    I hope you will feel better after your sleep Perhaps you shouldn't do as much as you did, even if you feel up to it. But that is hard too, isn't it?
    Tomorrow I will post on my blog again, and you can read what happened to us the last few days.(nothing to worry about, no bad things it were. I am just a bit exhausted today).
    I better check on Edna's blog and perhaps do s little bit of designing and then prepare dinner and then ohhhhhh, wonderful, sit on the couch, with my crochet stuff and watch a detective Inspector Lynley, that is on tv this evening, among other things we like. So have a good day, take care of yourself, relax and don't do too much on one day.
    Hug
    Kyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you found a support group. They can be very helpful. It's hard for folks to understand how someone can say they are sick or in pain when there are no outward signs.

    Some days I feel so guilty for parking in a handicap spot. However, in a very short time I have trouble walking and I'm glad I'm parked there so I don't have to walk very far. The support group should be able to give you some comfort.

    I overdo whenever I'm able too. It's just what we do. Get some rest, and I'll chat with you tomorrow. Have a great night, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete