Sunday, March 20, 2016

New Kit


    Chic is an add on to an older kit by Lins_Creations. It is filled with beautiful silhouette images, lace, papers and can add a touch of vintage to your pages. Available here at:
    https://www.mymemories.com/store/designers/Lins_Creations…


 Hi everyone,

 Every once in a while I come across a kit that is hard for me to work with. This is one of them. I am just not good at this kind of pages.

 But I have 2 out of 4 done so it is what it is. I am going to see if I can get the first kit as this is an add on to the older kit and ask if it will be ok to collaborate with the two kits before I do anymore pages.

 Welcome to Spring. Although it really doesn't feel like Spring here today. I had to pull an extra blanket from my closet last night. It got down below 30 last night and I also had to bring my plants back in as it was so cold and we even had Frost warnings. Wow temps changed fast!

 The kids father was in town last night and so several of them met up with him and went to lunch and to a movie. I heard that they all had a great time so I am happy that they got to go. Then this morning he took Laurie and her family out for breakfast. Jonathan and Nathan declined as Jon had to grocery shop for me today and Nathan had to work.

 Food here is tricky.... If I cook then no one wants to eat. If I don't cook then they come home starving. I made Golden baked chicken, seasoned potatoes, fresh green beans and a broccoli medly with carrots and cauliflower the other day and I am the only one that ate. I have to toss the rest out today as it has been day 4. Such a shame to see the food wasted. If I had known that they were not going to eat any of it over the weekend I would have frozen it.
 I told them both last night that if they don't plan to eat to text me before I cook. The day that I cooked the food, I was really not feeling well and I would have just had some soup and crackers, or a sandwich or something. No need for me to cook a meal when they decide to have a late lunch or eat at work.
 Yep I am a bit cranky. But it makes me cranky to see food go to waste. I could have at least frozen the veggies and used them to make soup. They eat weird anyway. No one eats at the same time because they work strange hours. They also do not like food hot. They will let it sit to room temp if they decide to eat. No one eats together. They all eat at different times even on days off. I am about ready to just fix food for me and let them fix their own. Which I do most of the time, but every once in awhile I would like to eat as a family. That's not happening so why bother.
 I am more of a grazer anyway. Ok I will get off my food soap box and on to something else.

 Three days ago Jonathan and I were outside on the patio and he and I were looking at the trees. My birch trees were bare and Jonathan said that he wondered why they were so late in blooming and supposed that they were the smartest of the trees that knew it wasn't time to bud. I agreed and we laughed it off. The next evening I went out and lo and behold... every branch was popping with not buds, but leaves! How did those trees do that in the space of hours?

 I have raccoon's that are climbing onto my patio late at night and turning over the trash. So I am keeping it emptied.  They are not happy about it either. At 3 this morning I thought that someone was breaking in. Scared me half to death. It was the raccoon's. They were tossing the empty trash can around the patio and just chattering. I never kept food in it anyway, just the dead leaves and dirt that gets blown onto the patio. Maybe they will figure out that there is nothing worthy in my trash can and go elsewhere. How ever they may enjoy a game of "Let's Toss The Trashcan Around." They are fun to watch in any case.

 I hear that one of the Designers that I CT for is going to do a smaller group. She has over 33 Ct's and is wanting it more manageable so she is going to be cutting CT''s. I am really hoping that I am one of them.I had plans to drop her anyway so cutting me from the team would be fine with me and that way I don't have to worry about doing it myself.
 How ever I got a message today that said that it looked like I was going to be one of the safe ones. When it becomes official and I am still on the team I think that I will just send her a private message telling her to drop me. It takes me way too long to design pages for her because I am really not inspired with the kits. I find the kits so hard to work with because they are so big and most of the elements are taken from other kits and are so much the same. I shouldn't have accepted at all but I did and tried to use as many elements as I could to make attractive pages but the truth is I am just not happy doing the work for her kits.

 It happens that I come across kits hard to work with. The pages that I show cased today are one of them. Although I will always stay with this designer as she is one of my best friends. She is also the first designer that asked me to join and give me my first chance. Most of her kits are easy to work with but we sometimes have to ask for more lol...... I can't win.... one designer has kits too large and the other has kits that are needing more haha!

 I am tired so I think that I will close and rest for a little while..... Have a great start to your new week and be safe. BB

1 comment:

  1. Good morning. Your new layouts are lovely. You posted quite a few of them recently on FB. I did not comment on all of them, but they all were quite pretty.

    If you are not happy being a CT member for this particular designer, why not just let her know now instead of waiting? Be honest and tell her you just do not have enough time right now to do her layouts. I'm sure she'll appreciate it.

    I don't understand why you are required to make so many layouts. Used to be, CT were required to make only two layouts per kit. When you are so busy that all your time is consumed meeting your CT requirements, when will you ever have time to actually enjoy using the kits to make scrap pages for yourself?

    It has been snowing here since last evening, but now it is beginning to stop. We got at least four inches so far. Hopefully, that will be it till next winter.

    Wednesday, we are supposed to have a really nice day, so maybe Pogo and I will go out that day to do some errands.

    For now, Pogo is happy to just sit in front of his door and watch the world go by outside. I keep a thick fuzzy blanket in front of the door to keep him warm in case a draft might come in.

    It's getting lose to noon, so I think I'll head on over to the fridge to see what we might have for lunch. You and Cisco have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete